• Last Reply
26 minutes ago, rynny said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Anya                                      Forsyth

Huddlestone Kieftenbeld

Nugent Vydra

Martin

It would be brilliant to watch everyone's faces when that team got announced.

It would be at least 6-0,I just can't decide which way.

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

As you can tell, I don't really know much about formations but that one looked rather symmetrical. 

And people are always saying there's a big hole in our midfield!  

Oh I thought they were saying there's a big a-hole in our midfield - I thought that was a bit harsh on Bradley Johnson tbh

Thought Martin looked out of touch again last night.

Routine lay-offs were going astray and the positions he took up in the box made him impossible to find. 

He doesn't look hungry enough to score goals.

I'd rather he showed a bit of selfishness now and then and had a crack from distance. 

He never seems to find space in the box from which he can demand the ball.

I am not knocking him - I desperately want him to rediscover these skills. 

20 hours ago, rynny said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Anya                                      Forsyth

Huddlestone Kieftenbeld

Nugent Vydra

Martin

That's a good lineup. I'd just switch the strikers around so Martin played behind nugent and Vydra. That would be sooo much like the JS promo team with Willems playing behind Gabbiadini and Sturridge.

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh      Forsyth

Huddlestone.    Keiftenbeld

Weimann                                  Lawrence

Vydra

Nugent          Winall/Martin

...Lawrence and Weimann working as wing backs 3-5-2

7 minutes ago, Timdcfc said:

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh      Forsyth

Huddlestone.    Keiftenbeld

Weimann                                  Lawrence

Vydra

Nugent          Winall/Martin

...Lawrence and Weimann working as wing backs 3-5-2

No

Just now, Timdcfc said:

Can you explain why not?

Leaves us woefully exposed on the flanks - If you're playing wing-backs - And in your system very attacking wing backs - You need high-energy central midfielders to cover in case they get stranded up the park - Huddlestone is not that

Also - Very little support for the wingers - The CBs can't get forward to support, neither of those CMs are capable of drifting out wide to support and asking the forwards to do it wastes having them up top in the middle

Finally - It's a formation which solves one of our major problems (we never have enough players in the box) but also creates a load more - Too exposed in defence - Not enough in midfield - Not really enough out wide - We'd end up torn apart on the break but also incapable of breaking down defences - Then we'd have Nugent and Martin wandering around the box with no service

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Leaves us woefully exposed on the flanks - If you're playing wing-backs - And in your system very attacking wing backs - You need high-energy central midfielders to cover in case they get stranded up the park - Huddlestone is not that

Also - Very little support for the wingers - The CBs can't get forward to support, neither of those CMs are capable of drifting out wide to support and asking the forwards to do it wastes having them up top in the middle

Finally - It's a formation which solves one of our major problems (we never have enough players in the box) but also creates a load more - Too exposed in defence - Not enough in midfield - Not really enough out wide - We'd end up torn apart on the break but also incapable of breaking down defences - Then we'd have Nugent and Martin wandering around the box with no service

I never thought if it that way, what would you go for then? 

Archived