Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, toddy said:

With Winnal coming in - it does look like the end for Martin and just maybe we were trying to offload him last minute.

The end of him? Because we've signed a totally different kind of striker? Give up man. 

I'm excited to see us now play two up front. Everything points to it.

Martin plus another.

21 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Chrissy will do well if we play some 5 a side in and around the box, he will both score and create a shed full. If we go more direct then Winnall will be ideal. I still think CM will make a valuable contribution this season, including the winner in the play off final. :ph34r:

i hope we finish in the top 2 my nerves wont take it at wembley again

5 hours ago, toddy said:

Huddlestone is a player more akin to Thorne - slow with no pace put can pick out a long ball. With Huddlestone its defence to attack in one kick of the ball. Hughes opened defences further up the field with his vision and passing skills....

I know Thorne isn't the quickest but I don't think he's as slow as Huddlestone to be fair. I reckon Thorne is probably 'average' speed for a professional footballer. Both of them are brilliant at picking out a pass I agree. 

2 hours ago, toddy said:

Yes sorry it was - £3 million was the loan bit of it.

Anyway they didn't want to take up the offer . I always thought it was a bargain price, but hey maybe not!

Martin had to agree to any move and he wanted to come back so made no difference if Fulham wanted him or not....

6 hours ago, toddy said:

No I said Fulham had the option to buy him for £3 million as part of his loan deal - which they did not take up.

Come on wakey wakey where have you been the last 9 mths?

Pipe down Toddy. You're trying to re-tell history here. You stated on dozens of occasions that Martin wasn't coming back. Literally dozens. You were wrong. For months you then touted Fulham taking up their option. You were wrong. Then like a monkey flinging its own **** about you came up with Wolves via Fulham and even talked about Fulham making a profit on the deal. You were wrong and wrong again.

Given every prediction you made failed to materialise, what is it exactly that you're crowing about now?  

8 hours ago, 86 points said:

Pipe down Toddy. You're trying to re-tell history here. You stated on dozens of occasions that Martin wasn't coming back. Literally dozens. You were wrong. For months you then touted Fulham taking up their option. You were wrong. Then like a monkey flinging its own **** about you came up with Wolves via Fulham and even talked about Fulham making a profit on the deal. You were wrong and wrong again.

Given every prediction you made failed to materialise, what is it exactly that you're crowing about now?  

Something something Wolves something?

13 hours ago, 86 points said:

To be honest I didn't think he would come back! People still think the price was £3m when it was £6m + £3m loan fee. Still think Chris has a large part to play this year

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

To be honest I didn't think he would come back! People still think the price was £3m when it was £6m + £3m loan fee. Still think Chris has a large part to play this year

Couldn't agree more. Martin's only real failing (and even calling it that is a stretch) is that he does need support and ball to feet to prosper.  Those who don't play in the Prem and cost a gazillion pounds per leg. In any case, when the team are playing well around him, he scores plenty and despite the sniping from some quarters, the facts confirm this. Much will depend on how Rowett intends to set the team up. If he chooses a style that doesn't play to Chris's strengths then I could see Chris leaving next summer. Equally, with Vydra slowly coming back to form and a young and dynamic player like Lawrence to add spark and ammunition, I'm hoping Chris will pick up the challenge and show us again what a clinical finisher he can be. The competition Nuge provides ought to be healthy so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

16 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Probably wouldn't work but i would love to see Nuge and Vydra playing off Martin. Nuge to pull people about and get on the end of Martins clever passes and Vydra to use his speed also feeding off Martin

Don't think we have the players for that unfortunately - There are only two formations I can think of that might work like that - A tight 4-3-2-1 or a 5-2-2-1

The first needs 2 quick, energetic, ball-playing midfielders (Like when we had Bryson and Hendrick) and the second requires more CBs than we have in the squad (cover) and RWBs which we don't really have

Plus they're both quite tight formations and I personally think we're better when we play with a bit of width

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

the second requires more CBs than we have in the squad (cover) and RWBs which we don't really have

Plus they're both quite tight formations and I personally think we're better when we play with a bit of width

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Anya                                      Forsyth

Huddlestone Kieftenbeld

Nugent Vydra

Martin

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies

Anya                                      Forsyth

Huddlestone Kieftenbeld

Nugent Vydra

Martin

1) Any team with Anya in is weak

2) Even then - Who's your backup at RWB?

3) Not convinced you have enough width in there

Archived