Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, toddy said:

No idea. Maybe thought they could pick up on the cheap?

Or they were turned down for their main targets and thought they would try and see if we would be as stupid as we were a year ago? Thankfully Rowett is not Pearson.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Or they were turned down for their main targets and thought they would try and see if we would be as stupid as we were a year ago? Thankfully Rowett is not Pearson.

You have to remember every player is up for sale or loan  -hence the midfield c*** up with Hughes, Bryson and Butterfield going and know one coming in!

6 minutes ago, rynny said:

Was he? What about Huddlestone? Where would Rowett get a direct replacement for Hughes?

Huddlestone is a player more akin to Thorne - slow with no pace put can pick out a long ball. With Huddlestone its defence to attack in one kick of the ball. Hughes opened defences further up the field with his vision and passing skills....

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

Huddlestone is a player more akin to Thorne - slow with no pace put can pick out a long ball. With Huddlestone its defence to attack in one kick of the ball. Hughes opened defences further up the field with his vision and passing skills....

I know that, but if that is the way Rowett wants to play then replacing Hughes with Huddlestone is what he has done.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Was thinking yesterday I would have laughed my socks off if by some fluke you had ended up being right. Good job common sense prevailed, eh

With Winnal coming in - it does look like the end for Martin and just maybe we were trying to offload him last minute.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

With Winnal coming in - it does look like the end for Martin and just maybe we were trying to offload him last minute.

So why did Gary turn Wolves down then?

We have 4 players for 2 spots in the team now.

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

But why is it not the end for Nugent, Bent etc as well? It seems Rowett said he didn't want to sell him, and as I was saying yesterday it appears that they have been trying to link up Lawrence and Martin so far in games.

Like with the months of speculation last season there are dozens of potential things that happened on deadline day that meant the deal was considered. The most important part for now is that Martin, Nugent and Winnall fit until January then we have a pretty decent line up of players who can fill that lone forward role.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

But why is it not the end for Nugent, Bent etc as well? It seems Rowett said he didn't want to sell him, and as I was saying yesterday it appears that they have been trying to link up Lawrence and Martin so far in games.

Like with the months of speculation last season there are dozens of potential things that happened on deadline day that meant the deal was considered. The most important part for now is that Martin, Nugent and Winnall fit until January then we have a pretty decent line up of players who can fill that lone forward role.

Bent should have be offload in the summer, Nugent has been the best player up front in that 4-2-3-1 system.

So we have Nuge, Winnall and Martin vying for that one no 9 spot  with Vydra, Russell, Weimann and Lawrence  [possbly Bennett too]vying for the three postions behind the no 9.

17 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

You also mentioned he was definitely going to Fulham. In the end he's gone to neither.

No I said Fulham had the option to buy him for £3 million as part of his loan deal - which they did not take up.

Come on wakey wakey where have you been the last 9 mths?

Archived