17-18 kits

TomBustler1884

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

V neck please, wouldn't mind a bit more black on the next kit for a change.

i might buy next season's now that God awful sponsor is going... unless we sign a deal with Durex or that irritable personal area cream that's always on TV :D

Durex  - entertainment without results.

It's the Derby Way! 

11 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I often feel like a man alone on this forum, but never more so when faced with the obtuse and unreasonable attitude toward the collar. It is surely obvious to anybody with a modicum of style and taste that a collar is an absolute must on a football shirt and both the round and v-neck should be consigned to the bin of history.

A collar is for a gentleman, a rounded neck for a yobbo. Disgraceful.

:ph34r: (just in case....)

I advise you to download TOR and set up another account asap. This account will be banned the moment David reads this.

24 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I often feel like a man alone on this forum, but never more so when faced with the obtuse and unreasonable attitude toward the collar. It is surely obvious to anybody with a modicum of style and taste that a collar is an absolute must on a football shirt and both the round and v-neck should be consigned to the bin of history.

A collar is for a gentleman, a rounded neck for a yobbo. Disgraceful.

:ph34r: (just in case....)

You've obviously never been to Walkabout on a Saturday night then. Five minutes in there and you'll have changed your tune.

Shirts with a collar and a nice tie under, perfectly fine.

Football shirt with a collar, not fine, it's not needed, it's extra material for those kids to stitch on, makes me feel guilty as it adds nothing to the shirt, has a negative effect with aero dynamics as well, it's an unproven fact wingers are 25% slower in shirts with collars.

Can't stand collars on football shirts. Not one good reason why it would be there. 

Would love us to go back to something a bit like the 2011 home kit. If anyone fancies popping up a picture to demonstrate what I mean that would be ace. I still don't know how to insert pics here :( 

Umbro have made some of the best Derby kits through the years, I like them a lot as our manufacturer. They've made my favourite Derby kits out of any currently active manufacturer (unless Bukta are still going?).

I said this last season and I'll say it this season, give us this collar every single time and there'll be no complaints. It's a classic, it's not a daft flappy collar and if it was on the kit each year it'd give us an identity that's steeped in our history.

c93465d868b9b730cfe7c4a5a551506b.jpg

Very dependent on getting rid of Just Eat though, those kit ruining clowns.

8 hours ago, Srg said:

Collars are horrendously annoying, that kit is boring, Umbro are dreadful and Just Eat is embarrassing.

Not bought one since Adidas.

Did you like the Adidas ones? They were the worst ones for me. I hate Adidas templates. I swear their creative department is Paul Lambert and Phil Neville

Even the special edition yellow shirt Adidas did was a template.. used for loads of kits. Should have called them short on stock editions, nothing special about them. 

Umbro aren't churning bad kits out, they're consistent with the quality and the training gear too. 

I think the outcome of a season has a big say on my bias too, that horizontal black stripe kappa one from 13/14 I'm fond of, not because I like the kit, just the memories we made whilst wearing it. 

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Did you like the Adidas ones? They were the worst ones for me. I hate Adidas templates. I swear their creative department is Paul Lambert and Phil Neville

Average. I loved the limited edition yellow third kit we had in the ill fated Prem season. 

Not sure why Umbro are getting a free ride on templates though. They have many other similar kits to what they give us, and there's no design too them they're so bland 

Archived