Why the obsession with Rowett?

ColonelBlimp

Many people on here have assumed Rowett is a shoe-in for next manager.

Is there any basis for this?

I don't count bookies odds, the market can be distorted by a small number of bets.

Why could it not be Roy Hodgson? 

Ex England manager, left under a cloud, known as a good coach.

Fits the previous incumbents M.O. nicely.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Many people on here have assumed Rowett is a shoe-in for next manager.

Is there any basis for this?

I don't count bookies odds, the market can be distorted by a small number of bets.

Why could it not be Roy Hodgson? 

Ex England manager, left under a cloud, known as a good coach.

Fits the previous incumbents M.O. nicely.

John Percy has released a story saying Rowett is taking over either today or tomorrow, Percy is probably one of the few national journalist that I would listen to seriously, and he is pretty much spot on with his reporting (he did release the first story over the weekend about Mac possibly leaving. @SuperDerbySuperRams has posted saying it is pretty much done and dusted.

13 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

What has Gary Rowett actually done, in terms of winning promotions etc?

What had SM done (as a manager) in terms of promotion?

I would like to see Rowett as a long term plan. Young, hungry, respected, can work with in a budget, history of over achievement, no nonsense, history with the club, went to Cowes High on the isle of Wight. All things you look for in a manager. 

However, Mel doesn't do long term so **** knows. 

15 minutes ago, JaguarRam said:

Rowett will require patience. Something we have shown we do not have. 

Unless attitudes change I can see us being in the same position next season with a even more fractured squad.

At least he has 10 or so games to figure out who the dross are, and what he needs to succeed. I wish we'd done that last season, I don't think this season would have been such a hideous mess if Pearson had come in for the run-in (admittedly, we had play-offs to fight) and figured out what worked and what didn't.

The whole thing is utterly crazy but I'm going to just look forward to August now.

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Don't think Rowett  is the right man. Only ever worked with relatively unskilled players, playing counter attacking football. A poor man's Pearson. 

Have you watched our last 5-6 games? - there's been a distinct lack of skill on show from almost all of them.....

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Didn't Rowett play 4-4-2 at Birmingham?

This has got Pearson written all over it.

I think he started this season with just Donaldson upfront in a 4-5-1 then eventually went 4-4-2.

I wouldn't say he is definitely a 4-4-2 guy though. 

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There are gonna be some massive personality clashes, Gary Rowett takes no prisoners...will be interesting to see his reaction if we put in a performance like Friday night.

We said that with Pearson, look how far that got us. 

Until somebody actually gets time to straighten things out it'll stay the same. 

Archived