POLL: Mel Morris. Your opinion

Mostyn6

How do you feel about Mel given his latest decision?  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I stood on the pop during Maxwell's reign who systematically tried to destroy this great club, in my opinion I think Mel is on par with Lionel Pickering who has invested heavily with his own cash, its not like he employed someone we haven't heard of and didn't give him the funds to succeed.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Oldtime Ram said:

Mel loves this club and has poured millions into it. What's more he has backed his managers with wonderful financial support and they have failed him. The team have been poor recently and they were absolutely terrible at Brighton. Something needed to be done so we should be giving Mel our backing. We are so lucky to have such a supportive owner.

Hi Mel, you shouldn't have sacked Clement, who is laughing now?

9 minutes ago, Oldtime Ram said:

Mel loves this club and has poured millions into it. What's more he has backed his managers with wonderful financial support and they have failed him. The team have been poor recently and they were absolutely terrible at Brighton. Something needed to be done so we should be giving Mel our backing. We are so lucky to have such a supportive owner.

Hi Mel.

welcome to the forum.

If you're reading Mel I want you to know that I have absolutely no moral fiber and if you put me on a salary like the rest of the shills you have infesting this board I will be your biggest supporter.

12 minutes ago, Oldtime Ram said:

He backed Mac during the last transfer window to sign Julian De Sart on loan, thanks Mel, we feel so lucky right now.

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

People who want him to go are deluded though..We wouldn't get his money anywhere else and that's still the key to going up...

Why not? We're a good bet as far as untapped potential goes. We were popular before Mel and we will be after he clears off.

If I were a billionaire tech gambler and hadn't frittered it all away on pills and prostitutes and mango fruit by the time I was 30 and took over Derby, I'd have the same intention as Mel but the result would be the same i.e chaos because I don't know how to run a club.

Having the best intentions doesn't count for much when you are incompetent/mental.

34 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I appreciate the fact that he invests in derby,loves the team and the city and he doing what he thinks is best for it......However, he really needs to leave the running of it to Sam and have some patience.......

Mac should still be here with the chance to invest in next year's team.

People who want him to go are deluded though..We wouldn't get his money anywhere else and that's still the key to going up...

You're so right.

Mel is the kid fan with deep pockets, I'd rather have him because I genuinely believe he's passionate like Lionel was and he loves this club. 

Unlike Lionel he hasn't made too many decisions right for me, I just hope he learns from his mistakes and has some patience for a plan. Because it's like he's playing Football Chairman never mind Football Manager, except it's for real.

I don't like many of our players. I had a few criticisms of Buxton but I would love to see more of that character. What is the point of having a manager if he is undermined by the players and the chairman sides with them? That isn't loyal to the club.

Had enough of it. Accept you wasted money Mel and back the manager in clearing up all these turds you allowed to be purchased. Clearout needed, said it needed to happen with Pearson, well, it has to happen this summer.

I want Mel to get it right, but the statement about McClaren is laughable, hypocritical and makes us a circus wagon.

Mel too close to the players? Not the first time we've heard about this player power. He shouldn't be listening to those failures, he should be backing his managerial appointment and not undermining him. Who do these players think they are moaning to Mel. They are the ones that need chucking. Bunch of snakes. And we wonder why there's unrest in the dressing room under 3 separate managers? Shame on Mel for buckling to the pressure.

Absolutely rotten. 

Need more options than those poultry 3.

I really do like what mel has had to say in the past about his long term ambitions.

But jesus Christ... he needs to employ a manager for at least a couple of years.

His reputation is now pretty much equal to Cellinos at Leeds and we all know what a laughing stock he was.

When will Mel stop micro-managing?

We arent a very physical side, we have Forsyth out, a prevous manager loaned out Chris Martin, Keogh and Bradley johnson are injured... what exactly was he supposed to do at Brighton?

Mel has gone down in my estimations (a little further) after this stupid decision.

FFS Stick by a manager! any manager? Put pick one, and stick with him.

allow them 2 or 3 transfer windows to shape the club.

Archived