POLL: Mel Morris. Your opinion

Mostyn6

How do you feel about Mel given his latest decision?  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

IMG_0278.thumb.PNG.f76fda9077af1ed883560ac28fa3479f.PNG

So we know that SM got to Pat Murphy first, with his version of events

What we don't know is whether Mel agreed with Steve's assessment of an overhaul but didn't think that Steve would be the right person to make the changes to the squad needed.

Mel may, or may not, be a micro-manager but what Steve clearly didn't do - which is odd considering his general experience AND his prior knowledge of Mel - is manage upwards.  If Mel was fully bought into what Steve was doing and what he planned to do, then he probably would/could have helped him through a bad period of results on the pitch. That Steve has gone suggests that Steve didn't do that.

Rule 1 for the new appointee - keep the Chairman up to date with what's happening and get him to buy into whatever it is that you are planning. In short, manage him. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Complete clown! He will waste lots of his money and we won't go anywhere if he continues to run the club like this. With the exception of the three amigos, he is worst owner in the club's history 

You obviously haven't seen some of the owners and chairmen that I've seen if you think he's the worst since 1884.

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

You obviously haven't seen some of the owners and chairmen that I've seen if you think he's the worst since 1884.

Thats like saying " if you think this mad axeman is bad, you should have seen some of the other mad axemen we've had".

39 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Complete clown! He will waste lots of his money and we won't go anywhere if he continues to run the club like this. With the exception of the three amigos, he is worst owner in the club's history 

Now that is a bit of a daft statement. :-) 

I'm kind of between 1 and 2.....although I didn't think sacking McClaren at this point was the thing to do, I understand it, we can all see the team has been mince lately.

I think it could be as much as anything, that having seen this disintegration in 2015 run in, Mel didn't have faith in Steve turning it around.

The main concern as I see it is will we stick with the right man, and will Mel recognize who he is?

Too limited choices for that, I chose the last one but I don't think he's a disgrace. He is however ruining our image and has damaged this club with Pearsons hire and McLarens firing. Both are horribly poor decisions and I'm highly disappointed in Mel who I thought until this point was someone to back as a positive force for the club. 

There are many things around the club that he's doing right but the big decisions have not been good enough. 

1 hour ago, GerryDaly said:

Again. 

This to me seems like a Charlton Athletic scenario ... 

Internet "fans" thinking they know best ... 

This thread is embarrassing. 

This time last week it was you who was the "fan" who knew best when you were criticising.

7 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

Again. 

This to me seems like a Charlton Athletic scenario ... 

Internet "fans" thinking they know best ... 

This thread is embarrassing. 

We have 23,000 season ticket holders to start with, we are one of the best supported clubs in the football league for the population of our small city, I would call us passionate fans who care about our club, that's not embarrassing!

Some of his behaviour has been ridiculous so far. At least he's acted quickly to correct his biggest error. If he gets the next appointment right and sticks with him then what's happened till now can be put down to "learning the job". 

His first twenty months will soon be forgotten and forgiven if Derby County are promoted next season.

No doubt the managers appointed and dispensed by Mel have made some mistakes, it's part of the job. However the grand master of catastrophic mistakes is the owner with his shambolic hire, fire, panic, hire, fire, panic, hire policy. 

The past few months, folks on here have been saying:

No passion, no tactics, no plan B, Mac out etc.

The Brighton Game was an absolute disgrace and at 3-0 he's laughing.

Mel Sacks Mac.

Now Mels the Nutter who's ruining the Club, folks saying, Mel out!.

Go figure.

3 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

The past few months, folks on here have been saying:

No passion, no tactics, no plan B, Mac out etc.

The Brighton Game was an absolute disgrace and at 3-0 he's laughing.

Mel Sacks Mac.

Now Mels the Nutter who's ruining the Club, folks saying, Mel out!.

Go figure.

Not all..... 

7 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

Those who click on disgrace need a reality check. 

Embarrassing. 

Absolutely, I do wonder if some of those clowns have actually watched us play? Putting to one side the huge amount of good that Morris has done for the club, (or do training facilities and ground improvements not count?) you can give a manager as long as you like but you have to see some signs that things are going in the right direction. When you're watching a team that has not spirit, no direction, no idea, those signs are not there. It's clearly not a good thing to be changing managers so quickly but neither is it a good thing to to carry on regardless. Decisions have to be made and that's why some people are leaders and some people chuck their toys out of their pram on an internet forum.

Archived