Brighton Vs Derby

rynny

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Perfect game to bounce back next week...there's no need to panic but...lose against Florist and traditionally heads roll. Let's keep our heads...tonight we lost because the formation/selection was incorrect. Mac needs to accept responsibility. He can save things with a totally professional "shock and awe" smash next week. :mellow:

i will have what ever your taking,but give me enough to last the week?

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

He just doesn't do what is needed in the style we play. It drives me barmy when the midfielders give it to the centre backs. He is just so ineffective but sadly he isn't alone. 

Thorne does that too. Quite a lot actually as he's targeted. But after he passes he moves looking to receive it again and he only passes back when he has to. Butterfield was passing back in that game when there was time to turn and drive into space or look for a pass. Maybe there's no movement in front of him?

Yet again, are we seeing the team pick the manager? Regular trend now in football, IMHO. Seemed to happen with Mac before, then with Clement, of course with Pearson...and now with Mac again?

Cushy, well-paid, big-time no-marks in the squad who cannot make the best of the tremendous facilities, great stadium, and fanbase that most of our Championship rivals truly envy.

Mel's philosophy is to give people in his organisation the very best resources to do their jobs, to take away barriers and impediments - but these players are incapable, they have striven for a level they cannot attain and sustain. 

Sadly , I can still remember the glory days..... Hinton, Hector, O'Hare, Carlin  etc...... since them it's been mainly downhill !.... in fact there has been many times when I thought we had changed our name from Derby County to Derby Nil !...... but here's hoping next season will be better !........ chin up guys, It's not all doom and gloom !.......... we're still the BEST side in Derbyshire ! ( just) :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There is a difference between having a bad game, and ignoring your role in the team. I'd accept a player have a mare. Trying, but his ideas just not coming off. I get that.

But what is Butterfield actually doing? He's just gone backwards or sideways. That's not even taking a risk. That's literally doing feck all. Get the ball, and pass to Pearce or Baird. Are they our creative players now?

Butterfield's role is to link the defence and the attack. He's not even attempted to do that.

Like I say, Hughes? 

Came on and passed backwards to the defence. Or ran out of play. Or lost it. Or gave fouls away from which they scored. 

Bryson? 

Fouled and run around. Barely touched the ball.

De Sart? 

At fault for both first half goals in my opinion. 

I felt the entire team were second best. Awful even. It was awful to watch. To a man. 

Your posts blame just Butterfield. I don't get that.

PistoldPete2

The gutless performance is maybe not surprising given our most committed players , Keogh and Johnson were both missing. Pearce is also wholehearted but unfortunately he's also ****. 

1 minute ago, ram1964 said:

i will have what ever your taking,but give me enough to last the week?

A white and very nice bottle of white..Sauvignon Blanc first half. "Horologist" from Morrissons, £8.

A red...Cairanne...from M & S, £10 from M & S second half. 

The red is superb and should pretty much obliterate that performance from all of my memory cells pretty much for ever. Me, tomorrow:

Me (circa 9 am tomorrow): "Hey! How did we do against Brighton last night lads?" :mellow:

Didn't see the first half but I gather de Sart, a loanee, is to blame for everything.

Interesting considering I watched the 2nd half and didn't notice Butterfield was playing until 20 minutes in. And when I did notice him it was for passing backwards and sideways continually. £4.5m for that sack of ****. Unbelievable.

Archived