Re-Build around Hughes or Ince?

BBG83

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Sorry mate,didn't mean to disturb your crib session...

It's pretty obvious from any sane or rational.persons mind who Mac will build the team around or are you so far in denial that you haven't been keeping up with recent events?

We're bloody doomed then... You have no idea what is going to happen... Mac would be a complete tool to build a team around any player.. 

Keep posting facts though.. Keeps me amused.

Hughes simple. Familiarity breeds contempt, he is so gifted some don't see it any more, too many look at what players do wrong and not at what they do right, he pretty much always finds space, and other teams will double up sometimes because they realise his effect on the game for us, but he still finds space, and rarely wastes his possession, can we say that of Ince ? That said you can't compare as they are very different players, they can both be brilliant, and we need both. Im still miffed that villa got Hourainne, Cos we need another 'complimentary' midfielder to form a solid pairing in the middle of the park (that can shoot from distance on target  ) in front of Thorne (should he ever be the player he was again ) as Butterfield falls short at for me atm, altho i feel he has it in him to be better ?. 

One of my moments of this season was Hughes linking with Bent for 'That Goal' ?

4 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Let's say we get to summer and McClaren does decide to sell a lot of players, replace them and change the formation.

Would you build it around Hughes or move Ince into a number 10 role and build it around him?.

For me, it'd be Ince, playing off Martin. Hughes sold.

Yeah yeah, I'm ready for the 'Why would you sell our best player?'.

Why? Because I honestly don't think he's going to get any better, and as it stands we could possibly attract a decent fee.

I agree SJR, many probably won't but I think Will Hughes needs to take his career to the next level now. 

I would have liked him to do it here, but let's be honest we are a long way off getting out of this division (in the desired direction) ?

Whilst we have a valuable asset in WH presently, the consistent abject failure surrounding our club over recent years may have a detrimental effect on him and his long term career leading to a loss of value. 

All hypothetical of course but if I had to chose, I would cash in on Will build a new team around Tom Ince and begin again with a differing approach to the last 3/4 years.

Thorne keeps cropping up in this thread.

Thorne will NEVER play more than 3 games in a row for Derby ever again. In fact he'll never play more than 15/20 games in a season ever again for anybody. His contract will run out and he'll be given a free transfer. 

A brilliant player but sadly one who always has and always will be injury prone. It's part of his genetic make up.

If we could go back in time, I would love to have started with the team Mac left, with the additions of Ince, Bent and Carson.

It would interesting to see what Mac would have done with the remaining circa.30 million quid that we spent. 

Pearce, Shackell, Camara, Vydra, Blackman, Anya, Butterfield, Olson, Weimann, Johnson haven't had the greatest of successes.

I wouldn't build around any player. I have never understood that thinking. I'd look to have a system and set way of playing and recruit players to fit that. Instead it seems we've tried buying good players from other clubs and tried to force them to play our way. Then changed manager every 6 months. And systems. Etc etc. 

I'm guessing Mac will use the next dozen games to assess who will be part of his plans and who won't be. But I'd be shocked if Ince and Hughes aren't part of said plans. 

21 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Thorne will NEVER play more than 3 games in a row for Derby ever again. In fact he'll never play more than 15/20 games in a season ever again for anybody. His contract will run out and he'll be given a free transfer. 

A brilliant player but sadly one who always has and always will be injury prone. It's part of his genetic make up.

Agreed, I have gave him the chop a while ago. I would defo look at bringing in a quality DM and if Thorne is fit then that's a bonus. 

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, one_chop said:

On what do you base that on? Once his broken leg is recovered there is no reason he wont play a substantial part in next season.

You may be right, but I think he will be a big player for us next season.

Sith Happens
26 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Simples;

Carson

New RB

Keogh

Shackell

Lowe

Johnson

Hughes

Thorne

Ince

Nugent

Martin

4-4-2 or 4-3-3 - sell everyone else.

(I'm a new old poster!)

These 11 man squads are the future.

Why do people revert to 442 as soon as some crazy foreign formation stops working.

Does 442 come with some sort minimum points/goals guarantee. 

Just 442 it Steve. In fact play with a sweeper. Always worked in my day. Nobody ever lost doing that

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

We have seen how Hughes can control games when at his best.

We have seen very little from Ince in the number 10 role to suggest that we should build the team around him.

No brainer for me.

You think Hughes controls games ????

Need the right dynamic skilled midfielder to work with Hughes and we need George fit. Tom needs to carry on doing what he does 

Ince and Hughes are our most skilled players in mid and forward positions .. We need both of them if we are going to progress. Both are young enough to grow and develop with US. 

I want to see that magic unnamed midfielder and I also want to see some of our under 23's either blooded or got rid of.

if you are 22 and not getting a sniff of the squad in the cup or on the bench then what is the point of an academy except to make money by training young men ? 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

On what do you base that on? Once his broken leg is recovered there is no reason he wont play a substantial part in next season.

You may be right, but I think he will be a big player for us next season.

84 league games in 7 years as a pro is what I've based it on.

Archived