Re-Build around Hughes or Ince?

BBG83

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, one_chop said:

84 league games in 7 years as a pro is what I've based it on.

I base it on last season. He turned out a decent amount of times and nothing to suggest this season wouldn't have been any different had he not got injured.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

I don't think you rebuild around ince as he is more of an individual player. Hughes has been disappointing in recent games, but if we get thorne and martin back next year these are players he blends with well. If thorne is still unfit then we need to improve the balance in midfield. De sart does not look like the answer so far. 

Build around hughes.

ince - try on the left wing and see if he can produce anything other than the come-inside-to-shoot-on-his-right-foot-thing that has been rumbled by the entire world.

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Build around hughes.

ince - try on the left wing and see if he can produce anything other than the come-inside-to-shoot-on-his-right-foot-thing that has been rumbled by the entire world.

Good return if everybody has rumbled him.

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Good return if everybody has rumbled him.

Similar to the classic  "We got found out after the play-off final". We didn't do too badly considering teams had worked us out from the first game of the next season. Only when Bucko, Martin, Thorne, Eustace, Mascarell and Grant got injured did we plummet.

I really think Ince will be off in the summer.  He wants to play in the Prem and I can see a mid / lower Prem team making us a good enough bid to have to let him go.

Will is my favourite Derby player for quite a few years and I'd be gutted if he left.  I hope we can get the team around him sorted.  If we do, I've no doubt we'll see the best of him.  I think with better players / a more settled team around him he'll show what a good player he is again.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Similar to the classic  "We got found out after the play-off final". We didn't do too badly considering teams had worked us out from the first game of the next season. Only when Bucko, Martin, Thorne, Eustace, Mascarell and Grant got injured did we plummet.

And bent too, johnny Russell ended up playing as lone striker for a few games.

For a team which relied so much on a defensive midfielder to have all 3 injured was terrible luck.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't think you rebuild around ince as he is more of an individual player. Hughes has been disappointing in recent games, but if we get thorne and martin back next year these are players he blends with well. If thorne is still unfit then we need to improve the balance in midfield. De sart does not look like the answer so far. 

surely you dont build a team around any one player the clue is in the word team all play their part and compliment each other  but not easy with todays  overpaid prema donas

11 minutes ago, Lincolnshire Ram said:

We have just given Martin a new deal which would tend to indicate we will build around him as well as Thorne.

Hughes and Ince will be key to this also,but if bids come in we will struggle to keep both.

and what happens if we build round martin and he gets injured does the team collapes

20 minutes ago, Lincolnshire Ram said:

We have just given Martin a new deal which would tend to indicate we will build around him as well as Thorne.

Hughes and Ince will be key to this also,but if bids come in we will struggle to keep both.

And what happens if he stays at Fulham if they got promoted. Doubt it but you never know

Look lads, let's just be thankful that we didn't stick with a manager who would part with Martin, and glad we can get him back for next season!

When I realised what NP had done I felt it was almost on a par with Docherty selling Colin Todd.

Does anyone believe we would still have Tom and Will if Mac hadn't taken over.

His job this season has been to steer us to safety.

Let's trust him to get the balance right for next season.

Get a settled first team who enjoy playing to each other's strengths and don't over rely on any one of those players and the results will follow.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yawn.

The point was the team needs a strong spine.

i think good teams are well balanced and i remember us being pushed back onto our own goal line for the last 15 to 20 minutes of every game when we built our team around martin so obviously the balance wasnt there why have fulham dropped their top scorer ? because they now have a better balance i know football is about scoring goals but in my opinion you dont build your team around one player, just my opinion of course

10 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

i think good teams are well balanced and i remember us being pushed back onto our own goal line for the last 15 to 20 minutes of every game when we built our team around martin so obviously the balance wasnt there why have fulham dropped their top scorer ?

A spine is more than one player.

I don't remember the 15-20 minutes of every game like you do.

Fulham have dropped Martin cos he doesn't want to be there and isn't happy - bit obvious but maybe there manager thinks he knows better?

Archived