Re-Build around Hughes or Ince?

BBG83

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A spine is more than one player.

I don't remember the 15-20 minutes of every game like you do.

Fulham have dropped Martin cos he doesn't want to be there and isn't happy - bit obvious but maybe there manager thinks he knows better?

More likely that Martin is inconsistent that's the reason he has been dropped - we had problems with Martin not turning up for games. Fans do have short memories.

Anyway I wonder how Fulham are feeling its cost them £3 million loan fee plus weekly wage for a player just to warm up the bench...:thumbsup:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, toddy said:

Anyway I wonder how Fulham are feeling its cost them £3 million loan fee plus weekly wage for a player just to warm up the bench...:thumbsup:

Knowing that a potential rival is weakened then I am sure that they wouldn't mind at all, especially if they reach the play offs.

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

Knowing that a potential rival is weakened then I am sure that they wouldn't mind at all, especially if they reach the play offs.

I would argue that with Martin in the team we would be currently no better off - the problems within the squad are so much bigger than Martin not being here.

Just now, toddy said:

I would argue that with Martin in the team we would be currently no better off - the problems within the squad are so much bigger than Martin not being here.

There's no way that could be proven either side, that debate would go right round in circles like every time young Nigel's name is mentioned :lol:

Agree the squad needs assessing beyond Martin, he's not going to be a magic fix, would definitely be a better position for the club overall to have him back IMO.

9 minutes ago, toddy said:

As @mrdave85 says, there is no way of proving if he would make a difference or not. BUT from Fulham's point of view they have made us weaker. As Jokanovic himself said that Martin is Derby's best striker and he will be with them until the end of the season at least, that would say they are happy to make a rival weaker.

8 minutes ago, rynny said:

As @mrdave85 says, there is no way of proving if he would make a difference or not. BUT from Fulham's point of view they have made us weaker. As Jokanovic himself said that Martin is Derby's best striker and he will be with them until the end of the season at least, that would say they are happy to make a rival weaker.

I think at the time we were in that 10 game spell of getting results and were ahead of them in the table by 4 pts. So at the time he'd have thought that. But we have since imploded and now only have 8pts from 30.

Carson

Christie      Keogh     Pearce     Lowe

Thorne     Johnson

Ince                 Hughes                   New

Martin       

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I think at the time we were in that 10 game spell of getting results and were ahead of them in the table by 4 pts. So at the time he'd have thought that. But we have since imploded and now only have 8pts from 30.

It was near the end of January after Jokanovic had calmed down from throwing his little tantrums that we wanted him back that he said that, may have been after he signed the contract.

Even so wouldn't they now feel justified with keeping him as we have been in poor form and not had too many options to change the striker due to Vydra's poor form and Nugent's injury/lack of match fitness and us falling away from the play off places dropping down the chasing pack?

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

I know this thread is a hypothetical but it's really like asking 'would you rather chop off your left ******* or your right *******?'.

Both of them will be here next season.

I dunno, I think Hughes' new contract has given us at least one more season with him.

Ince's form has probably caught an eye or two, our terrible form at the minute might actually stop any bids coming in for him, :lol: otherwise I think he might be off. 

Well if you were to put a gun to my head and make me decide which gets sold today, I'd flog Hughes.  I love the lad, he's brilliant but (and this is a sad indictment of the English game), if our recruitment team pulled their finger out, they'd be able to find a dozen foreign journeymen (ala Idiakez) who could pull the strings, for a fraction of what we'd receive for him.

Ince has a lot more end product, and due to being (incorrectly) accused of having an attitude problem, others teams appear to be steering well clear of him...

13 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

I dunno, I think Hughes' new contract has given us at least one more season with him.

Ince's form has probably caught an eye or two, our terrible form at the minute might actually stop any bids coming in for him, :lol: otherwise I think he might be off. 

Don't think he'll be so quick to throw away the role he has under McClaren, what teams are there playing an attacking 4-3-3 with a free role for Ince?

He's a smart lad, I think he'll stick around for another season to see if we go up, I'm fairly certain he'd rather go up playing a starring role in a McClaren team than risk having another Hull/Palace situation again. In a proper McClaren 4-3-3 he's very likely to get 20 goals next season.

Hughes' problem is that his presence is more conspicuous when he's absent.

While he's not in any form at the moment (who is?), even at his lowest, he glues us together and pinches the ball away, mostly because of his vision. But even if he's on top form, he's not at the sharp end all that often with the killer ball or the goal.

It's subtle - almost too subtle. 

11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Don't think he'll be so quick to throw away the role he has under McClaren, what teams are there playing an attacking 4-3-3 with a free role for Ince?

He's a smart lad, I think he'll stick around for another season to see if we go up, I'm fairly certain he'd rather go up playing a starring role in a McClaren team than risk having another Hull/Palace situation again. In a proper McClaren 4-3-3 he's very likely to get 20 goals next season.

Hope you're right, big fan of Ince. 

50 minutes ago, JW37 said:

Carson

Christie      Keogh     Pearce     Lowe

Thorne     Johnson

Ince                 Hughes                   New

Martin       

so your 'rebuild' would consist of only ONE new player? :lol: 

How much time would you want for them to 'gel'?

4 hours ago, toddy said:

More likely that Martin is inconsistent that's the reason he has been dropped - we had problems with Martin not turning up for games. Fans do have short memories.

I don't know how Fulham feel, but I suspect it gives you a warm glow.

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The more relevant question will be Ince or Martin? Because personally can't see both being here. May seem silly now but I'll curious in the summer.

I do hope this isn't about that bullshit rumour about them hating eachother.

Ever gonna reveal who those "snakes" are?

Archived