Re-Build around Hughes or Ince?

BBG83

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Let's say "hypothetically" Pearson or McClaren had to choose one out of Ince or Martin to keep and one to get out, who would Rams fans choose? Just a hypothetical question.

Martin. He can score and set up goals in any team. He's more of a team player than Ince too. But I can't see that we'll have to choose, lets have both!

Ince, game changer, exciting to watch, drags the team forward and always plays positive football. Can't time a header, can be greedy 

martin, sulks, falls over, can relieve the pressure, good at defending , brings others into play. Chews gum.

I don't understand how you can build a team around Thorne ... he's not going to play a full season for us. We need to buy a proper replacement for him rather than trying to mould players into that role (Johnson) or loaning players of half the talent (De Sart, Mascarell)

On 2 March 2017 at 19:11, G STAR RAM said:

Good return if everybody has rumbled him.

Everyone knows what ince is going to try to do.

i'd like to see a winger who goes for the line a bit more and crosses for the striker(s) plural.

Good return?....collectively?

7 goals in the last seven games?

Unfortunately 6 in 2 and 1 in 5

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Everyone knows what ince is going to try to do.

i'd like to see a winger who goes for the line a bit more and crosses for the striker(s) plural.

Good return?....collectively?

7 goals in the last seven games?

Unfortunately 6 in 2 and 1 in 5

Weird sample size to choose

On 02/03/2017 at 13:01, Super Johnny Russell said:

Let's say we get to summer and McClaren does decide to sell a lot of players, replace them and change the formation.

Would you build it around Hughes or move Ince into a number 10 role and build it around him?.

For me, it'd be Ince, playing off Martin. Hughes sold.

Yeah yeah, I'm ready for the 'Why would you sell our best player?'.

Why? Because I honestly don't think he's going to get any better, and as it stands we could possibly attract a decent fee.

100% agree with you, and I've felt for a long time that maybe the presence of Hughes who is a talent just doesn't help the balance. 

Maybe that says more about the players around him but we need a goal scoring midfielder that helps our forwards.

10 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

most away away games that season we were under pressure and defending onto our goal line for the last quarter

I can't remember, would that be because we were winning and the home team were trying to get points?

Archived