Re-Build around Hughes or Ince?

BBG83

Let's say we get to summer and McClaren does decide to sell a lot of players, replace them and change the formation.

Would you build it around Hughes or move Ince into a number 10 role and build it around him?.

For me, it'd be Ince, playing off Martin. Hughes sold.

Yeah yeah, I'm ready for the 'Why would you sell our best player?'.

Why? Because I honestly don't think he's going to get any better, and as it stands we could possibly attract a decent fee.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rebuild around Ince.

Hughes is currently too inconsistent and not influential enough by far. He's not progressed in the last 3 years for me, although he looks physically stronger, his game hasn't come on. Admittedly, he's had a gnarly injury. I would not add more pressure on him by making him the focal point of the team. Ince is better at handling that expectation.

4 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Let's say we get to summer and McClaren does decide to sell a lot of players, replace them and change the formation.

Would you build it around Hughes or move Ince into a number 10 role and build it around him?.

For me, it'd be Ince, playing off Martin. Hughes sold.

Yeah yeah, I'm ready for the 'Why would you sell our best player?'.

Why? Because I honestly don't think he's going to get any better, and as it stands we could possibly attract a decent fee.

Why do we need to sell Hughes though?....We are well in ffp and he is still a brilliant player who would only improve when bouncing off Martin (who we will be be building the team around).

I'm happy with Martin,ince and Russell up front,it's our midfield where the money needs to be spent/players moved on esp if thorne doesn't recover.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why do we need to sell Hughes though?....We are well in ffp and he is still a brilliant player who would only improve when bouncing off Martin (who we will be be building the team around).

I'm happy with Martin,ince and Russell up front,it's our midfield where the money needs to be spent/players moved on esp if thorne doesn't recover.

I would like to see evidence of 'well in ffp' before considering whether we should sell or not.

Need to get the spine correct and you build around it Carson, Keogh, Hughes  then either Ince or Martin?

Defenders built around Keogh, midfielders built around Hughes and then strikers around Ince or Martin.

I have been pondering this aspect for a while and it will be tested in the summer I expect.

do we cash in while we can on both? - is Hughes what we need in the championship? Would the money generated enable us to re define the team in a better way for promotion and life in the premiership 

or would the return of a fully fit Thorne and a fully fit and functioning Martin make them even better? ( my no 1  preference)

All down to the manager - let us see what happens ( if it was Pearson they would have gone by this summers end ) 

Who says you have to build around either of them ? I'd certainly make allowances for them both and make them key members of the first team squad . 

Ince should be played on the right of a front 3 and Hughes in a slightly deeper midfield role playing slightly higher that the holding player. With a new more attack minding central midfield player nrxt to him , complementing him.

27 minutes ago, toddy said:

Need to get the spine correct and you build around it Carson, Keogh, Hughes  then either Ince or Martin?

Defenders built around Keogh, midfielders built around Hughes and then strikers around Ince or Martin.

Keogh is sadly part of the problem, regardless of what you say, he bares the mental scars of failure at this club and relegations at previous. Time to upgrade.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Are you S Mac? Nah did not think so.. Football Manager going okay?

Is it just me or does anyone else get frustrated by Ince regularly waiting for defenders to come to him then, having beaten them once, turns to beat them again before trying a shot that isn't on when other players are in better positions.

That's why Martin got frustrated with him.

I'd also be after a strong spine. Get WBA's Olsson (contract is ending) to partner Keogh as a CB, Thorne, Hughes in the middle with someone (Watkins?) new and Martin up front. With Carson that'd be quite strong. The rest is up to sales, but Ince I'd certainly keep.

Archived