Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He hasn't been poor,he's been unfit.

As soon as he was fit again,he scored in successive games

Before getting injured again

Unfit for 3 seasons !? Granted he has had his injury problems but he has only impressed in a handful of games since 14/15 season that's not good enough fit or not.

the likes of Burnley and Boro last season and Brighton and Huddersfield this season have a regular midfield who each play 30 plus games and are consistently 7/10 compare that to our midfield who constantly pick up injuries have the odd 9/10 game but then are no where to be seen for two or three games in a row Thorne is immense in this league but always injured Bryson has one good game followed by 2 poor games followed by an injury and so on .Butterfield and Johnson have the odd good game followed by 2 or 3 games when they look like non league players this gives the defence no protection at all.

personally I rate our defence and keeper and think we have some good forward players who lack service, our inconsistency is all down to the inconsistency of our midfield and if they decide they will turn up or not 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Westmidsram said:

Unfit for 3 seasons !? Granted he has had his injury problems but he has only impressed in a handful of games since 14/15 season that's not good enough fit or not.

the likes of Burnley and Boro last season and Brighton and Huddersfield this season have a regular midfield who each play 30 plus games and are consistently 7/10 compare that to our midfield who constantly pick up injuries have the odd 9/10 game but then are no where to be seen for two or three games in a row Thorne is immense in this league but always injured Bryson has one good game followed by 2 poor games followed by an injury and so on .Butterfield and Johnson have the odd good game followed by 2 or 3 games when they look like non league players this gives the defence no protection at all.

personally I rate our defence and keeper and think we have some good forward players who lack service, our inconsistency is all down to the inconsistency of our midfield and if they decide they will turn up or not 

Such a revolving door of players in there you wonder if they need to spend half each game reintroducing themselves to each other :lol:

Apologies for not getting back to you last night Curtains. Just read through all the messages since then. Like watching a box set start to finish!  What stands out is the blinking obvious fact that we have a variety of opinions exactly as it should be. Curtains seems to get castigated for not being a Mac fan. He has his opinion! He wants him to succeed as we all do. If I saw him out and about I'd shake his hand and wish him the very best, might even ask for a selfie. That's Mac not Curtains :p Mac a coach more than a manager in my humble. Simpson and now Powell as a number two rarely gets mentioned, there could be issues with this situation, none of us know. Our perception is affected by what's just happened in two games, shocked us all no doubt about it. Stats can be quoted till the cows or maybe the Rams come home, any manager will have his supporters and antagonists.

i was happy with Pearsons appointment but it was looking seriously problematic, we will never  know whether his master plan would have born fruit. That's history now. Some folk are comparing Pearson to all our recent managers when he had very few games, can this be a fair reflection?

Just fancid a ramble, hope one or two managed to make it to this point. As a non local fan I wanted to feel some love fellow Rams. Ta for reading :)

11 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Apologies for not getting back to you last night Curtains. Just read through all the messages since then. Like watching a box set start to finish!  What stands out is the blinking obvious fact that we have a variety of opinions exactly as it should be. Curtains seems to get castigated for not being a Mac fan. He has his opinion! He wants him to succeed as we all do. If I saw him out and about I'd shake his hand and wish him the very best, might even ask for a selfie. That's Mac not Curtains :p Mac a coach more than a manager in my humble. Simpson and now Powell as a number two rarely gets mentioned, there could be issues with this situation, none of us know. Our perception is affected by what's just happened in two games, shocked us all no doubt about it. Stats can be quoted till the cows or maybe the Rams come home, any manager will have his supporters and antagonists.

i was happy with Pearsons appointment but it was looking seriously problematic, we will never  know whether his master plan would have born fruit. That's history now. Some folk are comparing Pearson to all our recent managers when he had very few games, can this be a fair reflection?

Just fancid a ramble, hope one or two managed to make it to this point. As a non local fan I wanted to feel some love fellow Rams. Ta for reading :)

I'm public enemy number 1 on here mate .

Good post by you though. 

Dont defend me though mate or you will have very few friends as my opinions are always hammered on here except for a few people like Angry and Ninos etc. 

4 hours ago, curtains said:

I'm public enemy number 1 on here mate .

Good post by you though. 

Dont defend me though mate or you will have very few friends as my opinions are always hammered on here except for a few people like Angry and Ninos etc. 

A lot of a small minded ppl online seem to feel so personally aggrieved that they don't like your view that they have to hurl personal abuse. Frankly couldn't give a rats azz. A bit worrying that they're so into this. I know there are tons of people who don't agree with all my views - I sit next to them at the games for Peet's sake - but they still bring us cake and chocolate at half time lol. Oh, and valentine cards!

People like Angry Jono etc are just chill die hard DCFC cats who have a strong  view but don't ***** themselves silly on here if someone disagrees with them. My kinda peeps them are. 

I'll admit I was personally offended by mcclarens flippant attitude towards the FA Cup and his almost uber cocky attitude that we'd get 9 of 9 points at home. Just really really maddening - and this after he was doing so well focusing exclusively on the next game. Saw it here before and saw it with him at Newcastle, and I hate it.

On 15/02/2017 at 10:30, Dcfc10 said:

Not sack him but he failed in Jan transfer window  that's down to him.

On 15/02/2017 at 10:33, mrdave85 said:

How did he fail?

Other than Lansbury I believe we bought in all of our targets? 

On 15/02/2017 at 10:36, Dcfc10 said:

Fail to make play offs 

You can't make the play offs in January.

McClaren doesn't make signings. Like all managers he comes up with targets.

People read papers/twitter and believe they know who the targets are and what the fees are.

21 hours ago, LazloW said:

Hold on. Nearly three seasons? First season (not a full one) got us to play off final from a mid-table position, playing great football. Not sure how that can be regarded as failure when nobody could've expected us to get anywhere near the play offs... much the same as this season.  Second season - a full one - the previous season's success increased expectations beyond any we'd had for years and so you could argue missing out on the play offs was a failure... but only because of the previous success (and Mel's money). For years we had no expectation of promotion, only hope.

Third season.... didn't happen. I assume you aren't talking about this one, becasuse you said this one is following the same pattern as his previous three year stint.  Either way, if he is a failure then so is every other manager in the last 10 years and I'd rather be watching the football he has (mostly) served up while 'failing' than some of the other dross.  

People have been repainting Derby's history since Wembley and this constant talk of failure and bottling it doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.  The two previous seasons under SMC are actually amongst our most successful if you look at te longer term (whatever you think, we spend most of the time in the second tier and the paly offs constitute relative success... god, finishing 8th constitutes success when you think of the crappy seasons we have had both before and after promotion).  Arguably, he also laid the foundations for the Clement/wassall attempt at the play offs.

Unfortunately, all this has become the 'conventional wisdom' and it colours all discussions.  Funny though isn't it, that for all talk of Clough (and I was a big fan) nobody really talks about him failing but he never got us anywhere near going up. 

Good post. I personally am struggling to shake the feeling of deja vu...and history suggests that Steve in general has periods as a manager where he really seems to lose the team and things don't end well.

I will re-read this at those times and have faith this isn't one of those times!!

I hope some of you never have real obstacles in your lives. You'd drown in your own tears. 

Be interesting when your grandkids or kids are playing football how you treat their shortcomings. 

How do you cope with your own shortcomings? 

With this... 

pacifier-soother-clipp-2633812.jpg

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I hope some of you never have real obstacles in your lives. You'd drown in your own tears. 

Be interesting when your grandkids or kids are playing football how you treat their shortcomings. 

With this... 

Isn't that exactly what you have just done? Basically the same post on two threads.

Pretty big assumption about people havin challenges as well. I don't know any of the posters that well to comment.

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

With this... 

Like you did with Nigel Pearson I seem to remember . 

Don't let what people say get you down Curtains. You have your own free will and your own opinions and those are things people cannot take away from you. Don't be afraid to continue to express your views as you're one of my favourite posters and I can feel the passion coming through in your posts.

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

I'll admit I was personally offended by mcclarens flippant attitude towards the FA Cup and his almost uber cocky attitude that we'd get 9 of 9 points at home. Just really really maddening - and this after he was doing so well focusing exclusively on the next game. Saw it here before and saw it with him at Newcastle, and I hate it.

This is utter nonsense - just your interpretation of what Mac said and did.

I thought he had to change the side for the FA replay and the side that played you'd have thought would have been good enough - they weren't! So a valuable lesson on the depth of the squad - for months people have been crying out for 'Plan B' Vydra and/or Blackman, telling us how good this player is, etc. But when they had their chance...

As for the 9 points, well 3 home games toward the seasons end, we all were suggesting it was stitched on 9 points. Do you think he went into the players and said all the fans know we're gonna win the next 3 games, off you go, job done? Get real Ninos you're a #hater and any chance you get to have a dig at Mac you'll explode!

Darren Bent didn't seem to think Mac had a flippant attitude!

Archived