Didn't want McClaren back and still don't want him

Curtains

12 hours ago, curtains said:

I'm public enemy number 1 on here mate .

Good post by you though. 

Dont defend me though mate or you will have very few friends as my opinions are always hammered on here except for a few people like Angry and Ninos etc. 

Many share the same opinion you do as controversial as it maybe to others, they simply choose better ways of putting it out there, usually through a well thought out post which leaves it open for discussion.

As with many of your topics this could have been a one liner anywhere but you chose the what comes across as the attention seeking/trolling path.

I don't want to call you troll as I can see you're a passionate Derby fan but your posting behaviour is very troll like, I say this being an ex troll myself. 

The first 10/15 pages are usually members trying to dig into why you hold that opinion whilst you sit back finding a YouTube song to accompany the current mood or like this one throwing in "he's useless" yet you're shown a topic which you created in December calling him amazing, you then tell us you only made that topic to appease us.

Just be honest!

Nothing wrong with changing your opinion every day, week, month, flip flop all you like, I actually personally think that's better than holding on to a opinion refusing to admit your wrong. At least stand by what you said and not throw a Fawaz move. 

If every member created new topics with a one line headline and thanks the forum would be a complete mess. Next time you go to create a topic just take a few minutes to put your thoughts down which people can engage in, if it's just a one liner you have stick it in the many that are already open. 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, David said:

Many share the same opinion you do as controversial as it maybe to others, they simply choose better ways of putting it out there, usually through a well thought out post which leaves it open for discussion.

As with many of your topics this could have been a one liner anywhere but you chose the what comes across as the attention seeking/trolling path.

I don't want to call you troll as I can see you're a passionate Derby fan but your posting behaviour is very troll like, I say this being an ex troll myself. 

The first 10/15 pages are usually members trying to dig into why you hold that opinion whilst you sit back finding a YouTube song to accompany the current mood or like this one throwing in "he's useless" yet you're shown a topic which you created in December calling him amazing, you then tell us you only made that topic to appease us.

Just be honest!

Nothing wrong with changing your opinion every day, week, month, flip flop all you like, I actually personally think that's better than holding on to a opinion refusing to admit your wrong. At least stand by what you said and not throw a Fawaz move. 

If every member created new topics with a one line headline and thanks the forum would be a complete mess. Next time you go to create a topic just take a few minutes to put your thoughts down which people can engage in, if it's just a one liner you have stick it in the many that are already open. 

Ok but I didn't say Steve was amazing I said at the time he had done an amazing job since his return which was true at the time  .

Whatever I say will be twisted so I will leave it at that  other than to say that this thread was mainly born out of frustration of the last lot of games  .

Regarding Nigel Pearson he wasn't my choice as manager and I have constantly banged on about Gary Rowett but to be fair to Clement and Pearson and Wassall they had  very little time didn't they to prove themselves  but also got hammered on this forum .

Over 10,000 replies must mean something even though people may think I am a Wum or Troll which you are hesitant to call me  .

So I could go on but I still have loved DCFC  for over 55 years now.

I do accept what you say though as you are very perceptive.

PS     I don't think you should allow moderators to have such vocal opinions.because that isn't their job is it  .

I think you know who I am talking about  

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

PS     I don't think you should allow moderators to have such vocal opinions.because that isn't their job is it  

Lol! You're aware the mods don't get paid right? As long as they aren't using their moderation tools to censor or alter posts they should be allowed to voice any opinion they want.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Ok but I didn't say Steve was amazing I said at the time he had done an amazing job since his return which was true at the time  .

Whatever I say will be twisted so I will leave it at that  other than to say that this thread was mainly born out of frustration of the last lot of games  .

Regarding Nigel Pearson he wasn't my choice as manager and I have constantly banged on about Gary Rowett but to be fair to Clement and Pearson and Wassall they had little time didn't they to prove themselves  

Over 10,000 replies must mean something even though people may think I am a Wum or Troll which you are hesitant to call me  .

So I could go on but I still have loved DCFC  for over 55 years now.

I do accept what you say though as you are very perceptive.

The title was "McClaren has been amazing since he came back." Don't think people are purposely trying to twist what you say, just confusion as to what you're trying to say a lot of the times.

Don't think anyone questions your support for Derby, we all get frustrated from time to time and post ***** in the heat of the moment possibly under the influence of alcohol from one extreme to another. 

Just thought I'd put my thoughts out there as to why topics leave you feeling like public enemy number 1.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Lol! You're aware the mods don't get paid right? As long as they aren't using their moderation tools to censor or alter posts they should be allowed to voice any opinion they want.

Didn't see your edit @curtains until after I posted but Anon has said it perfectly regarding moderators.

Their opinions mean no more than yours or mine on Derby and can talk more ***** than me and you combined at times! 

I don't know why you're all thinking of Boycie, not like I even mentioned him

Just now, David said:

The title was "McClaren has been amazing since he came back." Don't think people are purposely trying to twist what you say, just confusion as to what you're trying to say a lot of the times.

Don't think anyone questions your support for Derby, we all get frustrated from time to time and post ***** in the heat of the moment possibly under the influence of alcohol from one extreme to another. 

Just thought I'd put my thoughts out there as to why topics leave you feeling like public enemy number 1.

I'm glad you have done this and to be honest I did think this thread was getting out of control and I can see how saying McClaren has been amazing since he came back to me saying I didn't want him back can be construed as a complete contradiction on my behalf in fact hypocritical.

Fact is we can all be hypocrites at times as Football fans  .

Boooooooooooooo.

I put the Pearson and McClaren you tube videos together to see just how fickle Football can be  .

Now I hope McClaren and his team go on and defeat Burton next Tuesday and in that game I'd play Shackell for sure   

5 minutes ago, David said:

Didn't see your edit @curtains until after I posted but Anon has said it perfectly regarding moderators.

Their opinions mean no more than yours or mine on Derby and can talk more ***** than me and you combined at times! 

I don't know why you're all thinking of Boycie, not like I even mentioned him

Boycie is great he gave me free tickets for Derbyshire one time  

Rynny and Alpha are also great but they get the better of me. 

No worries. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I reacted nothing like you. 

If McClaren was anywhere near as bad as Pearson then who knows. He's not. Not even close

Do you think Nigel Pearson has done a good job anywhere in his career.

You did react quite badly at times about Nigel Pearson at Derby mate. 

The McClaren thread was started by me as a response to the Drama Queens thread. 

Maybe McClaren is doing well, maybe the team aren't quite good enough. Maybe we are very close to being a top 6 team but players are too inconsistent. Maybe we miss George Thorne and Chris Martin and have had rotten luck with injuries- left backs. 

I think this year it is tough and will be tougher from now on. A lot of ex premier league teams with massive parachute payments and competitive squads. Purchasing power of some championship teams is at its highest ever. 

All i know is the football I watched for the first few matches was hideous and since then it's been much better. We are in some bad form now but it happens and it's obvious we aren't good enough to be a top 6side. We are obviously not far off though. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Boycie is great he gave me free tickets for Derbyshire one time  

Rynny and Alpha are also great but they get the better of me. 

No worries. 

Now I am worried.. :(

Just what did @Boyciewant in return? 

I would not say Rynny and Alpha get the better of you.. I would not rise to every point though, pick your battles. We've got yer back bruv.

9 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Now I am worried.. :(

Just what did @Boyciewant in return? 

I would not say Rynny and Alpha get the better of you.. I would not rise to every point though, pick your battles. We've got yer back bruv.

Absolutely nothing mate and it was against Notts at the County ground. 

Two tickets for me and the Wife 20/20 night game .

Asked on here if anyone wanted tickets as he couldn't go so I went and got them from him  .

Great guy is Boycie I wish he would post more because he's very funny with his posts  

3 hours ago, David said:

Just be honest!

I can tell you what is being troll like.....

I just made you blow your screen/phone 

38 minutes ago, Davide said:

I think this year it is tough and will be tougher from now on. A lot of ex premier league teams with massive parachute payments and competitive squads. Purchasing power of some championship teams is at its highest ever. 

This bit is spot on, it will get tougher without a doubt. Makes me even more frustrated about what we have done over the last 2 years.. Missed opportunities. Headless chickens?

We have to stick with SM now, no choice. I was not happy about him coming back but I would be equally unhappy about chopping and changing managers. That is no solution. The saving grace for Steve is that sometimes it just works, you fit with a club. Hughes at QPR the ultimate anti-christ.. Worse manager ever in the history of managers.. Goes to Stoke and does a good job.. I seriously believe it is a lottery and just luck sometimes. You look at Pearsons CV and why not give him a chance if that is the direction we want to go. I question the logic of the direction but he should not have been the failure he was.. Our problem was we did not know what we wanted. I liked the Clement appointment, still do.. I was not sure about Pearson as he was such a seed change from the direction I thought we wanted to go in.. No way was he every going to take what Mac had the first time and move it on.. Clem should have, Wassell was just weird, knee jerk give a job to a mate and when he struggles bring another more experienced mate in.

My god we have made some poor choices in the last two years..

Will Steve be able to attract the new talent we need, will he know what we need? Time will tell I suppose. Still cant quite bring myself to sing S****vie M*cs barmy army though :lol:

I think the drop of the PL clubs always gets over played.

Newcastle in my mind have been the only one this season, they recruited well and Rafa has taken to managing the Championship well. Villa have reverted back to playing like the back end of last season, I can understand how tempting it was to get Bruce in charge after the work he'd done at Hull though. Norwich are still very much capable of not making the play offs. 

3 hours ago, Davide said:

Maybe McClaren is doing well, maybe the team aren't quite good enough. Maybe we are very close to being a top 6 team but players are too inconsistent. Maybe we miss George Thorne and Chris Martin and have had rotten luck with injuries- left backs. 

All i know is the football I watched for the first few matches was hideous and since then it's been much better. We are in some bad form now but it happens and it's obvious we aren't good enough to be a top 6side. We are obviously not far off though. 

Don't worry, we'll boo them into better form <_<

Archived