Derby County v Cardiff City - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bent and Ince also need to defend from the front. Thats by either covering space or holding on to the ball. Its not just a case of attackers attack and defenders defend. Its a team effort and contribution in both categories. 

He will get tired though.. 

No need to have a meltdown..quality teams such as Preston and Barnsley are above us...what do you expect from little old Derby??

Hard to take..twice in a few days means it's not an aberration...so disappointing. 

And the missus is annoyed too....bad day at the office and no easy answers..

Valentines Day ? More like Groundhog Day.

Well at least we've not dragged it out to the last few games eh? An early meltdown to avoid any sense of hope and then disappointment seems the humane way to put us long-suffering Derby fans out of our misery. Think we just have to face the fact that over a season, we're not good enough, not consistent enough and that we lack the kind of fighting spirit required to get us out a league that is akin to a bloody dogfight. On the bright side, if we did get promoted we'd be shipping half a dozen every week so perhaps it's for the best. I still have that gnawing feeling that if we'd kept key players fit we'd not be in this mess but you can't help your luck. Sometimes I think we're bloody cursed.

And I thought Valentines day sucked....

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Steady on mate, didn't you know that footballers are beyond criticism and should always be cheered no matter what, otherwise it might hurt their precious feelings. And that might make them play badly (because support is their motivation, not the piles of cash they earn), which means it will be all your fault if they're ****.

F****** BOO!!!

I said a week ago that our lack of ambition in the transfer window would come back to haunt us. We needed new blood as we have become very predictable, and it seems Bristol C and now Cardiff knew exactly how to play us. We need to change things big time and quickly as we are not going to get any help from the teams above us, and that gap is getting bigger almost to the point of no return. The Burton match is getting more important by the day, and who at the moment would bet against Clough taking all the points ? 

The problem we have is that this group of players have failed and failed again. They are too mentally frail. A clear out and rebuild is needed but who in their right mind would pay anything near what we shelled out for them which means we'll be looking at bargain basement replacements. 

12 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Yes the poor pass from Buxton out left when attacking, Forsyth could have booted into touch, however don't try and control a ball in the 89th minute as he is know Beckenbaur, Kroll, Moore, Tito West, McFarland, Todd, Barrasi, McGrath - rest my case an average defender, I said it 3 years ago, we won't go up as him as captain.  Nice bloke, passionate and all the rest but Zamora could not believe his luck.. it was the best lay off he ever had and it wasn't from Frank Stapleton or Charlie George, Kevin Hector... nope from our defender. Our season is over 7 conceded at home in 2 games !!! 

I'm sorry but your view is what I would expect from a 6 year old. We've conceded goals so it's all the defences fault.

Where was the protection from the midfield, how many second balls did they win?

I won't bother waiting for an answer because you was obviously not at the match, just sat at home with your same old boring view.

11 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Tbf start of the season under Pearson we all had written off play offs so to be anyway near has been a bonus but I don't think it's going to happen now so lets blood some youth and draw up a list of who stays and who goes and try and forge a proper team next season. **** result tonight but we will March on.

Get real we average 29,000 at home. Huddersfield ?? Average around 12,000 but do not give in... fantastic stuff from them we are average and a massive shake up. How we don't have strong players from the academy is beyond me... Mel's investment is making him lose his hair... 

1 minute ago, jed27 said:

The problem we have is that this group of players have failed and failed again. They are too mentally frail. A clear out and rebuild is needed but who in their right mind would pay anything near what we shelled out for them which means we'll be looking at bargain basement replacements. 

Of the starting 11 tonight only Keogh and Hughes started at Wembley.

Archived