Derby County v Cardiff City - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quoted over week ago we needed 9 points from the three home games  just to keep in touch,at best its going to be 4 points

Down to 11th in the table and looking like mid table mediocrity.

We have spent millions on players who are just not good enough and players that have been at the club far to long.The problem we face is players on good contracts who will be hard to get rid of and players we payed way over the odds for and we would make  massive losses on if we move them on also.

Some thing needs to happen this summer as its not looking great for us fans and i feel sorry for Mel Morris who as put in millions in to this team to reach the promised land which is as far away as its been for years

I know the team have been pretty terrible defensively tonight but if you think of it we are missing a number of key players and a few are carrying knocks or are out on loan. 

If you add Forsyth, Thorne, Martin a fully fit Hughes and bryson and you are on to a decent side. I am not looking for excuses but we have had so much bad luck to have so many injuries to key players. 

Leicester, Boro, Burnley, Brighton all avoided injuries on their way out of this league we just need some luck, better defending and a decent run

Tbf start of the season under Pearson we all had written off play offs so to be anyway near has been a bonus but I don't think it's going to happen now so lets blood some youth and draw up a list of who stays and who goes and try and forge a proper team next season. **** result tonight but we will March on.

6 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Seems to be a recurring theme. I'm 52 next birthday, I refuse to wish away my life waiting for ANOTHER season 

Alas there's nothing I can do about it... unless that Euro Lottery rolls over several times and I remember to buy the winning ticket... inventing computer games isn't my thing 

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not a Keogh basher but him and Pearce lost EVERY first header. Can't happen. Cost us at least 2 goals. 

Defensively woeful. What must Bent and Ince be thinking 

Bent and Ince also need to defend from the front. Thats by either covering space or holding on to the ball. Its not just a case of attackers attack and defenders defend. Its a team effort and contribution in both categories. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Yes the poor pass from Buxton out left when attacking, Forsyth could have booted into touch, however don't try and control a ball in the 89th minute as he is know Beckenbaur, Kroll, Moore, Tito West, McFarland, Todd, Barrasi, McGrath - rest my case an average defender, I said it 3 years ago, we won't go up as him as captain.  Nice bloke, passionate and all the rest but Zamora could not believe his luck.. it was the best lay off he ever had and it wasn't from Frank Stapleton or Charlie George, Kevin Hector... nope from our defender. Our season is over 7 conceded at home in 2 games !!! 

We wont go up if we sell Keogh and replace him either. It's a team game and collectively they are proving to not be good enough this season, that is why we wont go up, not because our captain is Richard Keogh.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bent and Ince also need to defend from the front. Thats by either covering space or holding on to the ball. Its not just a case of attackers attack and defenders defend. Its a team effort and contribution in both categories. 

True. But their goals today came from 

1. Poor distribution and a deflection (funny, keeps happening, need to close quicker).

2. Long throw, first header lost, goal.

3. First ball lost, wonder goal from their goal kick

4. Another goal kick, first ball lost, penalty

I see your point but not really relevant for tonight's goals. 

9 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

F****** shambles!

The players can **** right off telling me not to boo. If you serve me up **** like this, whilst I scrape the money together to pay for tickets and merchandise on the minimum wage and you swan about earning more in a week than I do in 2 ******* years, I'll damn well ******* boo!

Steady on mate, didn't you know that footballers are beyond criticism and should always be cheered no matter what, otherwise it might hurt their precious feelings. And that might make them play badly (because support is their motivation, not the piles of cash they earn), which means it will be all your fault if they're ****.

Archived