Derby County v Cardiff City - match day thread

Kernow

Just very disappointed with the Rams at the moment, please don't criticise the support that the player's get  (the boos are out of order). What is going wrong at pride park ? Please somebody give me inspiration , what is our best team and why is the team never the same. 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

There is...Only one true solution for all our troubles and our manager.

IMG_20161230_194858_zpsr5naxgii.jpg

Ha, for all of Bent's good points we are desperate for someone who can hold onto the ball with his back to goal. The ball is simply not sticking up there. Ince, Bent and Anya were all guilty of panicking or not taking responsibility on the ball. For me, there needs to be a way to get Nugent in the starting 11, but how do you justify taking Bent out?

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ha, for all of Bent's good points we are desperate for someone who can hold onto the ball with his back to goal. The ball is simply not sticking up there. Ince, Bent and Anya were all guilty of panicking or not taking responsibility on the ball. For me, there needs to be a way to get Nugent in the starting 11, but how do you justify taking Bent out?

It's certainly a quandary....I still think we should use bent as a supersub as he would still score goals when we need them.....I don't know if it's too late to experiment with Nugent though.

Even at 2-0 I wasn't convinced by us, teams are starting to put their quickest players on Baird which probably means Christie needs to come back in and shackell has to be a major consideration to head the ball away!

our midfield is so consistently small and slow in almost everything it does and highlights our weaknesses time and time again

And yes we don't hold the ball up front. But bent does score goals

russell has not started the last two league games and I am not saying that is the reason why we are shipping goals but 7 in two home games, it may just be a factor

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

russell has not started the last two league games and I am not saying that is the reason why we are shipping goals but 7 in two home games, it may just be a factor

Only saw the bit of him for one of our goals but he looked like he couldn't move - something wrong there atm.

We really should have lost 3-4 at the weekend and 3-4 again today.  It's all getting abit boring despite the goals going in. Steve says he knows whats wrong and he can rectify it on the training ground before the match against Burton, but I don't believe him. I don't think he knows what's really wrong and he certainly cannot rectify it in a week.  

Just now, BOB BIGGS said:

Just seen Steve's post match interview

"We have work on the training field to do, we know the situation".

Problem solved...

Yes... Shouldn't this work have been done before two must win games at home? I can't believe that a former England coach couldn't have figured out from the world cup that Cardiff have a guy with a long throw. Still we concede one and nearly another from his long throws. It Was bad enough that we can't defend corners... Now we can't even defend throw ins. 

52 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Defence not good enough, our goals conceded was good before these two homes games, but we got lucky on many occasions.

If it wasn't for Bent and Ince, we would be mid table, the squad is not good enough. The playoffs are not going to happen this season, we are not consistent enough, and mentally weak. No ones to blame, we just don't have players good enough to get us out of this league. We have spent unwisely,  vydra not being in the squad the past two games proves this. 

Burton next and it's a must win game. 

We are mid table.

Yup it is depressing but four months ago I thought we were going to be relegated.

i try to remember that before I reach for the scalpel.....it would be great to be genuine contenders for the Premier league but the brutal truth is we are not yet mentally tough enough, and it's Macs job to figure out why. I think he will if he's given time.

24 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Bent is fine... Anya has poor control tho. Nugent did nothing when he came on. He's sposed to be a super sub but I haven't seen anything super about him at all so far. 

33 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Alex Pearce was absolute shocking tonight. Shackell got to start next game. 

He was terrible Tonight so think Shack will get his chance Now.

30 minutes ago, jono said:

I am choosing to forget large parts of this evenings entertainment

i have decided to fixate on the following  things

1) we scored from a corner .. Is this a first for Derby County this season ?

2) Darren Bent twisting like an acrobat to get that header in just the right place. Yesssssss ! 

3) Speculating causally how many people might have placed a bet on no yellow cards in this game or indeed if it possible to do that sort of thing. 

4) wishing Anya could be 4 inches taller 

As for misplaced passes, poor defending, getting muscled off the ball, Will not being match ready/fit ... Well I'll forget that and move on the Burton next week 

or in the words (more or less ) of the late great Dusty Springfield .. I closed my eyes and count to ten 

No we've scored from the corner few times Christie against Wednesday, Pearce against Fulham and Forest striker scored own goal for us lol. 

I can you the probleam until we learn stop messing around at the back and push up having a high line. We kepted dropping deeper and deeper back we shall continue letting goals in at a shocking rate. And even I have to have to admit now play offs are now over and out of reach. But the ref was no help truely he seemed they happy to give every single thing go there way.

1 hour ago, BarrowRam said:

Even at two nil up you just thought if Cardiff  score we are in trouble. We need to rebuild in the summer. This has been going on for the last three seasons. When the pressure  is on we crumble. In the summer we have to rebuild. We are just not good enough. 

Spot on and all our rivals know it. I can just hear Warnock telling them at half time that we'd cave in if they scored. It's a shame that Pearson turned out to be crap. I really thought he was what we needed. Hopefully SM will show next year what could have been achieved without the Newcastle episode.

Archived