Derby County v Cardiff City - match day thread

Kernow

Defence not good enough, our goals conceded was good before these two homes games, but we got lucky on many occasions.

If it wasn't for Bent and Ince, we would be mid table, the squad is not good enough. The playoffs are not going to happen this season, we are not consistent enough, and mentally weak. No ones to blame, we just don't have players good enough to get us out of this league. We have spent unwisely,  vydra not being in the squad the past two games proves this. 

Burton next and it's a must win game. 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Strange yearnings said:

Oh. So it was OK that they weren't his players when we doing really well?  I can't recall anyone pointing that out then. 

Of course they did. They said he was doing well when Pearson was **** with the same players. Didn't mean it was going to last or be consistent!

2-0 up thought we were Barcelona , crowd giving it the ole's and we weren't even playing that well , we stop concentrating and are made to pay , can't blame the ref even though he was **** , why are we relying on our centre back to make the forward runs , still 45 points up for grabs anything can happen just keep the faith COYR ! 

1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

Defence not good enough, our goals conceded was good before these two homes games, but we got lucky on many occasions.

If it wasn't for Bent and Ince, we would be mid table, the squad is not good enough. The playoffs are not going to happen this season, we are not consistent enough, and mentally weak. No ones to blame, we just don't have players good enough to get us out of this league. We have spent unwisely,  vydra not being in the squad the past two games proves this. 

For Burton it is ?

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Mcclaren still not come out for his interview. He was mad after the last game - I guess he has just straight out murdered someone this time.

He was gonna speak to Mel but was told he's currently on the dog and bone to a Mr G Rowett 

1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

Everyone knows that though and it wasn't Macs idea to buy him or half the squad...

We are pretty much where we should be to be honest....I knew this would be the reaction when we got ahead of ourselves fortuitously...

Earlier in the year,when we were at the be bottom of the table,I would have been reasonably content with 10th...

2 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Err we are a mid table team, beat teams on the slide , lose against on the rise, the only solace is a good cup run 

oops

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course they did. They said he was doing well when Pearson was **** with the same players. Didn't mean it was going to last or be consistent!

Er. You're losing me. I'll repeat. I said earlier that before Christmas I posted that I would hold fire on Mac (when we were doing well) and wait to see how he handles our performances should we go into a slump in the new year. What's wrong with that?

It's just stunning how short some people's memories are. 

Before SM came we were dead set for relegation. Anyone dissapointed by tonight's result, is so based upon the  expectations increased by Maclarens improvements.

We're in a slump, sure; 7 goals shipped in 2 games at home is bad. But in the context of the season it was our first home defeat since September.

As a fan surely we should just be hoping for 8th and anything better than that would be a bonus.

this squad with the additions of Martin and Thorne and a full pre season in them should set the championship  alight next season. And if it doesn't after that, then you can bitch to your hearts content, complain about players wages, commitment and all the rest of it. 

But right now it seems a bit subjective and bit premature.

36 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

Tbf start of the season under Pearson we all had written off play offs so to be anyway near has been a bonus but I don't think it's going to happen now so lets blood some youth and draw up a list of who stays and who goes and try and forge a proper team next season. **** result tonight but we will March on.

If it were possible to lift the toxic atmosphere of expectation mixed with nervous apprehension then this idea would be time well spent in my view .

Isn't that how will and Jeff were initially brought through? 

Would need a more supportive atmosphere tho I think

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

For 40 minutes I thought we were fantastic, they never had a kick, the movement up top was great and we looked like blowing them away.

The first goal was shocking and they soon realised that bombarding us would pay dividends.

Mac is normally good at reading games but tonight got it wrong.

I look forward to the slating of Keogh, Pearce, Butterfield and De Sart.  In reality Hughes was probably out worst player tonight.

In the 40th minute, they started this slow passing and playing keep ball. 'Daydream passing' if you will, the crowd start yelling that stupid Ole to every pass and everyone is seemingly lapping it up. All of a sudden there's a big tackle from Cardiff, fed up of having the mick taken out of them, on Olsson and the tempo of the game all of a sudden changed. A few minutes later we are sucker punched and the game changed from that one point. It's because we took our foot off the gas/neck/whatever. Pure arrogance and no excuses for it. We look a great side with tempo and directness, but look like a kickabout team passing it around. There is no outlet to get the ball to, but also no one who is assured in what they are producing. I would have probably said the same before the 40th minute too.

To he honest I could slate a lot of them if i really wanted to but I do agree with Hughes. Keogh is the only one who played with any sort of intensity out there. 

5 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

It's just stunning how short some people's memories are. 

Before SM came we were dead set for relegation. Anyone dissapointed by tonight's result, is so based upon the  expectations increased by Maclarens improvements.

We're in a slump, sure; 7 goals shipped in 2 games at home is bad. But in the context of the season it was our first home defeat since September.

As a fan surely we should just be hoping for 8th and anything better than that would be a bonus.

this squad with the additions of Martin and Thorne and a full pre season in them should set the championship  alight next season. And if it doesn't after that, then you can bitch to your hearts content, complain about players wages, commitment and all the rest of it. 

But right now it seems a bit subjective and bit premature.

Which wAs more shocking the performance of Derbys defence or the ref I can't decide . I would say our defence as that's 7 goals we've conceded at home in 2 games an absolute shocker both times 

I am choosing to forget large parts of this evenings entertainment

i have decided to fixate on the following  things

1) we scored from a corner .. Is this a first for Derby County this season ?

2) Darren Bent twisting like an acrobat to get that header in just the right place. Yesssssss ! 

3) Speculating causally how many people might have placed a bet on no yellow cards in this game or indeed if it possible to do that sort of thing. 

4) wishing Anya could be 4 inches taller 

As for misplaced passes, poor defending, getting muscled off the ball, Will not being match ready/fit ... Well I'll forget that and move on the Burton next week 

or in the words (more or less ) of the late great Dusty Springfield .. I closed my eyes and count to ten 

Archived