Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

Re Bent - for what it's worth... he'd be exactly the kind of player I'd have on the bench. He offers something different: Martin will start, Nugent plays not dissimilar to Martin and Vydra looks like playing as a 10. Bent offers a poacher's instinct - I wouldn't have him starting but he still knows how to find the net and, last season, he tried to change his style a bit too much - if we're chasing a game and need someone to grab a goal, he'd be my choice. So have him on the bench. People will disagree, I'm sure. But, c'est la vie.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby activated huddlestones release clause on sky sports!

RAMS ACTIVATE HUDDLESTONE CLAUSE

Derby have activated a release clause inTom Huddlestone's Hull contract, according to Sky sources.

The midfielder will now discuss personal terms with the Rams

6 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Effectively then the club triggered the extension by picking him n playing him enough times to trigger the contract. 

Not quite. It was said agent activated the Claus in January. So must have been an option for him to choose

38 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/manager-gary-rowett-still-wants-to-sign-different-attacking-options-at-derby-county/story-30442872-detail/story.html

CM

2x wingers 

So I'd go for Joe Ledley. Anyone else?

Tom Lawrence and someone like Scott Arfield or Ryan Kent, yes Jota would be massive but I can't see it though. 

the CM is Huddlestone, interview was done a few hours before he signed

Not sure why more midfielders are being suggested. The midfielder Rowett is referring to is Huddlestone. It's unrealistic to think we could ship out enough to bring another midfielder in. 

Tom Lawrence I can imagine we'll be trying for until we match Leicester's valuation or they start bringing some others in. Would like to see some progress on the other midfielder. Not Arfield though, getting fed up of Prem rejects. Perhaps we should try out the foreign markets? Germany and Holland seem the most promising, and the players tend to suit the English game better.

26 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Aaron Lennon on a season long loan, another 30 year old but could be a coup if we get him anywhere near his potential. Had personal issues but could appeal to him.

I can't imagine Lennon will be too interested.

28 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Aaron Lennon on a season long loan, another 30 year old but could be a coup if we get him anywhere near his potential. Had personal issues but could appeal to him.

Birmingham City want him on loan.

Archived