Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

6 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Loftus Cheek signs on Loan for Palace... I wonder if this means they are more likely to accept a bid for Bakary Sako??? Go on Gary you know it makes sense... ;)

A centre-mid has signed for Palace so we should bid for their old overpaid winger?

You-meet-you-both-click-instantly.gif

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

A centre-mid has signed for Palace so we should bid for their old overpaid winger?

You-meet-you-both-click-instantly.gif

While we're at it .... Sheff Wednesday have just signed George Boyd, so maybe now would be a good time to try and bring in Kieren Westwood? 

36 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Old? 29? With bags of goals and assists in this league (24 goals 21 assists in 78 championship appearances!) Damn right we should if he's available.

He's reportedly on about 40k a week, he hasn't done anything of note for a couple of seasons and he's 29, which is old for a winger relying on his athleticism.

Look at the position we got oursleves in signing players like that. We just had to sell two of the most talented players in our league who were both younger than 26, who both have years left in the tank and should have spent their prime playing for Derby in the PL.

Cant believe people still think signings the Sako's of the world is the way forward.

Anya's a few months older than Sako, plays winger and relies solely on athleticism with not nearly the productivity!...

At the moment it's looking like Russell and Weimann out wide too with the likes of Blackman and Bennett in reserve, Sako is more than worth a look IMO after his time with Wolves and brings a physical dimension we've sorely lacked in recent years

4 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Anya's a few months older than Sako, plays winger and relies solely on athleticism with not nearly the productivity!...

At the moment it's looking like Russell and Weimann out wide too with the likes of Blackman and Bennett in reserve, Sako is more than worth a look IMO after his time with Wolves and brings a physical dimension we've sorely lacked in recent years

Didn't mention whether I liked any of those wingers, did I? I wouldn't have brought Anya to the club and I don't want us to settle for Weimann/Russell/Blackman.

Do you know who else is worth a look?

Tom Lawrence. Ryan Kent. Jordan Ibe. Ryan Fraser. Ben Marshall. Callum McMannaman. Ben Osborn. Solly March. That's just scratching the surface.

There's a wealth of young talent out there, why would we cripple ourselves financially with another aging winger on big wages. Everyone laughs at Liverpool for buying Southampton's players but we do the exact same!

Why are we paying through our noses for Jota or Sako when we should be buying the next Jota, the next Sako? When we do find someone decent like Ince, we've got to shift them because we've bought 3/4 Sako's.

Sorry to come at you like this but I'm sick of these god awful suggestions. Can we please learn some lessons.

15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

He hasn't scored a goal in almost 2 years. August 2015 was his last goal. He has also played 23 games in the last 2 years. 

We have signed 3 or 4 Sako's? Who? Are you honestly comparing Weimann Anya and Blackman to Bakary Sako quality wise?

Some of the wingers you mentioned will be on the same if not more wages but your right  i actually agree we should be looking at the NEXT Sako /Jota etc.

I just believed Sako has talent and would do well again in this league.

13 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Hope the Tom Lawrence deal is close so people can stop suggesting Sako he's not what we need right now, Lawrence is ! 

This!

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Hope the Tom Lawrence deal is close so people can stop suggesting Sako he's not what we need right now, Lawrence is ! 

Sako & Lawrence could play together as 2 of that attacking 3 though. Jota of course making up the 3.

7 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Sako & Lawrence could play together as 2 of that attacking 3 though. Jota of course making up the 3.

I can't see Rowett deploying a Jota style "number 10" behind the main striker I can see him playing two strikers but one that sort of drops off into that role and if we signed Jota him playing further out wide. 

Archived