Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully all that talk of Assombatforestnolonga going to Boro comes to fruition over the next few days. Could result in an injection of cash for Peterborough.  The snippet from Darragh McAnthony earlier in the summer may have meant they were looking to take someone from us. Suspect they will get at least 15% of the sale price plus any remaining installments paid off. Could be worth 3 million for them. Would be lovely if that resulted in them being able to afford a couple of our fringe players. A double result... 

13 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Newcastle are close to signing Jacob Murphy and are also in for sheyi ojo, having signed atsu too I wonder if Matt Ritchie will be available 

Would love him at derby but doubt it, he would cost at least £10 million and don't think we will be spending that amount on 1 player in this window.

Unsure if we are looking at a striker but I wonder if Hernandez from Hull has a cheap release clause, like all other Hull players. He is a proven goal scorer at this level and would give us something different, especially if we could pick him up cheap.

8 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Would love him at derby but doubt it, he would cost at least £10 million and don't think we will be spending that amount on 1 player in this window.

Can see what you're saying about the price but would be a great addition if we signed him and Lawrence 

3 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Unsure if we are looking at a striker but I wonder if Hernandez from Hull has a cheap release clause, like all other Hull players. He is a proven goal scorer at this level and would give us something different, especially if we could pick him up cheap.

May as well nick hulls best striker whilst they are having a fire sale 

1 hour ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Send Hull fans into utter meltdown if we lifted him on the cheap too. I reckon that Hull fan may well try to build that nuke they spoke of dropping on us. ??

1 hour ago, Kyle guest said:

Newcastle are close to signing Jacob Murphy and are also in for sheyi ojo, having signed atsu too I wonder if Matt Ritchie will be available 

That'd be massive signing tbf.

Just now, Topram said:

Just a thought Rowett said we were waiting for things to happen whilst people were away, Newcastle waiting to sign him so Ritchie can go? Just a thought probably wrong 

Things can change at anything like Tom Huddlestone. He flew back from Portugal to signed for Derby. Newcastle are in Ireland. 

Are people being serious with these Ritchie suggestions? He would cost more than 15 million and I don't see why he would take a backwards step when he said Newcastle was his dream move. Setting yourself up for failure there.

A much more realistic signing would be someone like David Silva who probably won't be a starter at Man City this season due to their arrivals, or Martial from Man Utd who won't get much first team action this season. I also think we should make a cheeky bid for Sanchez just to test the water.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Are people being serious with these Ritchie suggestions? He would cost more than 15 million and I don't see why he would take a backwards step when he said Newcastle was his dream move. Setting yourself up for failure there.

A much more realistic signing would be someone like David Silva who probably won't be a starter at Man City this season due to their arrivals, or Martial from Man Utd who won't get much first team action this season. I also think we should make a cheeky bid for Sanchez just to test the water.

David Silva made my brow furrow but then my mind pictured David Villa for some reason and I thought "well he is getting on a bit". Thank god you continued to make ridiculous suggestions or I could have gone away under the misconception this was a serious post!

On a *slightly* more serious note, Jesus Navas still hasn't found a club ;)

29 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

David Silva made my brow furrow but then my mind pictured David Villa for some reason and I thought "well he is getting on a bit". Thank god you continued to make ridiculous suggestions or I could have gone away under the misconception this was a serious post!

On a *slightly* more serious note, Jesus Navas still hasn't found a club ;)

Yeah and everybody's always on about his cross.

Could herald a new era for the club; but he'd cost a kings random and I think he's looking to retire early.

Archived