Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Harry's trying to beat the number of new players that Steve Bruce brought in last season. Smacks of his time at Pompey.

What do Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton and QPR all have in common?

All suffered significant financial problems following the management of one Harry Redknapp signing has-beens on huge contracts.

I give it 18 months before the administrators are unpacking their bags at St Andrews.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

David Silva made my brow furrow but then my mind pictured David Villa for some reason and I thought "well he is getting on a bit". Thank god you continued to make ridiculous suggestions or I could have gone away under the misconception this was a serious post!

On a *slightly* more serious note, Jesus Navas still hasn't found a club ;)

Of course it's all about opinions and suggestions but I think people should just be a bit realistic with suggestions. I've seen some silly names in recent weeks like wilshere and even Rooney before he signed for Everton.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Of course it's all about opinions and suggestions but I think people should just be a bit realistic with suggestions. I've seen some silly names in recent weeks like wilshere and even Rooney before he signed for Everton.

Think all the people with crazy ideas of players got a boost to their mad perspective when Villa signed Terry. Ignoring the obscene £££ he's no doubt on, of course.

I think I'd be happy with any 2 of our current "targets" (Lawrence, Brannagan, James, Toral).

1 hour ago, KentRam said:

What do Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth, Southampton and QPR all have in common?

All suffered significant financial problems following the management of one Harry Redknapp signing has-beens on huge contracts.

I give it 18 months before the administrators are unpacking their bags at St Andrews.

you serious?

Bournemouth - no fans, massive debts and a shady owner.

West Ham - didn't have problems until Terence sold to the Icelandic mob and Redknapp was long gone. They made a few quid on Rio, Carrick, Defoe, Cole, Kanoute etc, yet them going under years later (due to Icelandic banking crisis) is Redknapp's fault?

Portsmouth - poor financial management, too busy chasing the dream to work out the finances. You cannot spend what you haven't got so Redknapp was told he had it. A series of borderline-corrupt owners have come in and ruined that club after Mandaric.

Southampton - hardly had a transfer window there before running back to Pompey. I'd say the turnover of managers and wasting silly money on average players was to blame. Not Redknapp.

QPR - Again, if they've given him money to spend, it's their fault.

1 hour ago, KentRam said:

Yeh I agree with @Moist One (Weirdest thing I've tyoed in a while)

Managers are dictated to on budgets by the people with the purse strings - If they thought they could manage it then that's their own daft fault - You really think ANY manager wouldn't go out and spend ridiculous money if there wasn't someone telling them off?

4 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Matt Ritchie and Jota are never going to happen-get off fantasy island and get real!! Lawrence from Leicester or Ryan Kent from Liverpool are the only realistic winger targets,unless Gary has one up his sleeve?

Matt Ritchie has always been a no go , suggestions on here are the only real source , Jota could have had a chance but doubt it. I wouldn't say Lawrence and Kent our only targets , there's pleanty of wide forwards that would fit the mould. 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Sorry but SDSR mentioned him on the list. But hey that's your opinion anyway. :)

I just wouldn't be super excited about that - If we're bringing in a high quality replacement for Ince he doesn't count in my opinion

Swapping a 25 yr old with an excellent goalscoring and creation record for an okayish 28 year old with a fairly unimpressive goalscoring record who decided to play for Canada because he didn't think he'd get in the Scotland squad - ANYA plays for Scotland...

We just signed 3 very good quality players - Arfield is not even in that league - Never mind an Ince replacement

Archived