Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

How's Andre Wisdom performing for Liverpool this preseason mate? 

Firstly I'm not your 'mate' 

Secondly I didn't expected him to joined Derby which I posted in Wisdom thread to say fair play to DCFC to make that happened. Don't believe me then have a look in that thread when you got time. 

Anything else?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Has anyone heard of this rumour...

allegedly the Gumps have enquired about Olsson availability and we may have responded with £3m plus Olsson  for Ben Osborn?

If true (and it is an if) would you be happy with this trade? ?

I think it would suit us more than them TBH 

No chance will we be entering any swap deal. 

I wouldn't be totally against Olsson being sold. I'd say he's our third best left back behind Forsyth and Lowe. However, Forsyth is coming in from back-to-back serious injuries. Lowe picks up loads of niggles and has been unavailable more than he's been available over the past two seasons. I know on a good day Olsson wouldn't be required, perhaps not even in the squad, but I'd still bet he'll be making 15-20 appearances in some capacity next season. 

Osborn is a decent player; creative, aggressive and can cover anywhere in the final third. He strikes me as a 'Rowett' type player, but I don't see Forest selling and I feel like unless he improved significantly then we are effectively adding another player with similar ability to an already bloated area of our squad. Lawrence, he has exceptional talent and he's finally started to have impact on games. Osborn, I don't think is exceptionally talented, but he's ever-present.

46 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Has anyone heard of this rumour...

allegedly the Gumps have enquired about Olsson availability and we may have responded with £3m plus Olsson  for Ben Osborn?

If true (and it is an if) would you be happy with this trade? ?

I think it would suit us more than them TBH 

We would be over paying, now they can give us £2 million for Olsson 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I'd be thrilled, Olson is dogshite, and Osborn appears a player

What's up with you? Olsson may not be the best fullback in the Championship but he's a long way from being the worst and to refer to him as 'dogshite' is plain daft!

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

What's up with you? Olsson may not be the best fullback in the Championship but he's a long way from being the worst and to refer to him as 'dogshite' is plain daft!

If there's ever a place for exaggeration this is it;) Seriously tho, he's not on the same level as Forsyth and Lowe, if we can use him to reduce the fee of any potential incoming transfer I'd be all for it. If Forsyth and Lowe remain fit (suspect only rowett knows about their long term fitness prospects) then he's of no use to us.

Being Swedish of course one has a special bond to a swede playing for the rams, but either way we do already have two other capable players there in Forsyth and Lowe. I would without a doubt make the trade that is rumoured. 

3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Secondly I didn't expected him to joined Derby which I posted in Wisdom thread to say fair play to DCFC to make that happened. Don't believe me then have a look in that thread when you got time. 

Anything else?

Savage :D

4 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Anything else?

Don't worry pal, I believe you. This was more an obnoxious response to an obnoxious poster. No need for it, especially in a suggestion thread. This was made for any and all suggestions, however daft you find them. 

That ok mate?

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I'd be thrilled, Olson is dogshite, and Osborn appears a player

Playing devils advocate what have you seen of Lowe that convinces you he is better than Olson? There is a reason he has played the majority of his career at the top end of English football. Say we got rid of him and fozzy got injured people would be crying out for a replacement of his calibre.

5 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I didn't expected him to joined Derby which I posted in Wisdom thread to say fair play to DCFC to make that happened.

You live in the past. You live in the paaaast.......

8 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Nouha Dicko for me. Different to the forwards we have and could play anywhere across the front 3. Had a great game at our place late in the season and has always impressed against us. 

He is a good player and again I was impressed with him at our place but I think it's the last place we need to strengthen. 

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Has anyone suggested Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff? Outstanding player in an average side. Surely could be tempted even if he protests otherwise?

Seen they want £10-15m for him ?

Archived