Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

No idea if this guy is reliable or not so didn't start a thread but 

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Right sided out-and-out winger, likely looking for a place to restart his spluttering career. Probably the kind of workhorse Gary Rowett would like.

However, if you're looking to fish for Derby fans (as we've seen plenty of on Twitter this summer), then Callum McManaman is a pretty safe link to make up. 

36 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

No idea if this guy is reliable or not so didn't start a thread but 

Doesn't sound like he's reliable and no thanks. Done fk all at Wednesday.

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Tony Pulis is a pretty good judge. It's a no from me.

Ashley Barnes from Burnley would be a good addition.

Why another striker? 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Followed by Talksport as well as Dean Jones from Bleacher Report, who is very reliable. 

Don't really care who that guy followed by tbh.

46 minutes ago, DEL said:

Doesn't sound like he's reliable and no thanks. Done fk all at Wednesday.

Why another striker? 

More than a striker. Would suit left side or centre of the three. Is a cause of constant discomfort to defenders and will assist a quicker transition from midfield to attack.

17 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Right sided out-and-out winger, likely looking for a place to restart his spluttering career. Probably the kind of workhorse Gary Rowett would like.

However, if you're looking to fish for Derby fans (as we've seen plenty of on Twitter this summer), then Callum McManaman is a pretty safe link to make up. 

He was one of the first to reveal Gareth Barry to West Brom, he's definitely genuine.

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Just wondering aloud - with Wood going to Burnley, might we see some Leeds interest in Chris Martin? Probably not mobile enough, but they used Wood in a similar way as we (used to) use Martin.

I think they've been linked with Hugill from Preston quite a bit and he'd apparently cost them just £4 million, so they'll probably end up going for him.

I'd like to see us do some Stoke style (of the last few years) signings similar to Brentford with Neal Maupay (who I think could be a great signing). Players who showed really impressive Champions league style promise but for one reason or another (injuries, unable to break through, change of managers, big name signings in their position) struggled. There have been some really impressive players who have gone relatively cheap compared to how much you may have predicted when they 'broke through'.

Bojan- broke into Barca team with messi at a similar age

Arnautovic- Young star of eredevisie purchased by Inter

Pieters- another eredevisie youngster but he became overshadowed  by Willems with his international break through 

Berahino, Afellay (Barca)- injuries, Diouf (Man Utd), Shaqiri

Sometimes a question mark with attitude with these type of players though but there are some great players and with the money at that level I think more and more may slip through the net because clubs would rather spend 10/20+ million on an established name than risk a youngster who isn't established.

6 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

I'd like to see us do some Stoke style (of the last few years) signings similar to Brentford with Neal Maupay (who I think could be a great signing). Players who showed really impressive Champions league style promise but for one reason or another (injuries, unable to break through, change of managers, big name signings in their position) struggled. There have been some really impressive players who have gone relatively cheap compared to how much you may have predicted when they 'broke through'.

Bojan- broke into Barca team with messi at a similar age

Arnautovic- Young star of eredevisie purchased by Inter

Pieters- another eredevisie youngster but he became overshadowed  by Willems with his international break through 

Berahino, Afellay (Barca)- injuries, Diouf (Man Utd), Shaqiri

Sometimes a question mark with attitude with these type of players though but there are some great players and with the money at that level I think more and more may slip through the net because clubs would rather spend 10/20+ million on an established name than risk a youngster who isn't established.

Sergi Samper unwanted at Barca, Oli Torres let go for £18,000,000 by Atleti; Solanke, Ake, Baker, RLC, Palmer, Abraham and Brown all let go in some for by Chelsea. 

It's a market I'd certainly want us tapping if we were promoted. 

Archived