Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

14 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Whether my viewpoint is a narrow or not, is the question only time will tell. You may or may not agree with me, but I am predicting them both being transferred in the near future.

How soon do you consider 'near'?

Johnson has started every league game so far hasn't he? Not the selection choice you'd make for someone who was leaving...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

How soon do you consider 'near'?

Johnson has started every league game so far hasn't he? Not the selection choice you'd make for someone who was leaving...

Butterfield - within one year, Johnson - maybe a little bit more. It all depends on the league position in January and the possible promotion chances.

14 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

Butterfield - within one year, Johnson - maybe a little bit more. It all depends on the league position in January and the possible promotion chances.

And you think they'll be offloaded if we're doing badly or doing well?

Just now, cheron85 said:

And you think they'll be offloaded if we're doing badly or doing well?

I think they'll be offloaded most likely while we're performing well with a possible promotion or Play-Off insight. Gary Rowett will want upgrade current squad more up to his preferences. With mostly hard working people equipped with a pace and eventually with some flair.

48 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I think they'll be offloaded most likely while we're performing well with a possible promotion or Play-Off insight. Gary Rowett will want upgrade current squad more up to his preferences. With mostly hard working people equipped with a pace and eventually with some flair.

See I find that highly unlikely - If you have a squad/team that is doing well - You don't disrupt it - If they are the squad that gets us up to the top end of the league that shows they are good enough

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Well that's your viewpoint - But I think it's a little narrow - We have seen that these are both players who have a limited capacity to play in a new way - But there is no reason we can't get the best out of them in our squad, with these players playing in a different way

You single out one season but Johnson played under Paul Lambert and Chris Hughton for Norwich in the Premier League - And Butterfield played an numerous clubs under different managers successfully

To write off two players as 'average' when our squad has had to put up with 5 managers in 2 years when they were here is naive - They're both good players they just need to be played in the right way - Which may be possible under Rowett

Spot on they are both good players just being used wrong Butters was Huddersfield's creator The fans who are always on his back about passing sideways and backward want to use their brains and realise that's what he has been told to do 

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

See I find that highly unlikely - If you have a squad/team that is doing well - You don't disrupt it - If they are the squad that gets us up to the top end of the league that shows they are good enough

I was talking about upgrading squad with better players, not destroying it. Because if you still remember as I am remembering it well, Billy "the Dwarf" Davies has brought several players during January transfer period in 2006/2007 season and at the end he achieved promotion (with a little bit of luck).

11 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I was talking about upgrading squad with better players, not destroying it. Because if you still remember as I am remembering it well, Billy "the Dwarf" Davies has brought several players during January transfer period in 2006/2007 season and at the end he achieved promotion (with a little bit of luck).

We were 6 points clear at the top of the table at the start of February and finished 3rd - Out of the signings in January only David Jones was actually any good - Not exactly the example to follow

Mears, McEveley, Teale, Jones, Fagan, Pearson and Macken

I'm not convinced any other than Jones would get in our team now...

God that was a dreadful team - You've made me even more depressed now

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

God that was a dreadful team - You've made me even more depressed now

It was maybe a dreadful team to watch, like you are saying, but they achieved where others have failed in the past. The Promotion. The Promised Land. The Premier League.

Archived