Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, SilentRam said:

Don't have a particular player but I am envious of other championship clubs who all seem to find gems across Europe and the last two players we got from Europe where Camara and Albentosa. I don't expect every player from Europe to be solid but our scouting seems to be non existent. Leeds United are going after Jay Roy Grot who I will not lie and say I have ever watched play is tall young and reports indicate quick too. That type of purchase would personally excite me. Or maybe I am still stuck in the 90's era when we found some solid players from abroad. The prices are for British players are just ridiculous. Reportedly Birmingham had to pay Southampton 2 million quid just to get Sam Gallagher on loan for the season. 

When this window shuts I'm hopeful our scouting team will have a rejig !! they seem to be doing....nowt!!! There was no scouting involved in any of our signings anyone could see they were decent...i remember getting Marco Reich and Branko Strupar who were both unknowns and they turned out to be good signings...whats happened to those days...and i can't see how we didnt go for Ollie Watkins at 1.8m he seems to have settled into the championship quite quickly by all reports....I'm hopeful we'll get another player in before end of month but will predict its nothing to do with our scouts....perhaps there on holiday lol

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/07/2017 at 15:17, oomarkwright said:

I think the same talent was there, you could tell on the day. Paul Cook would have let him come to us im sure. Instead of £750k say we would now have to pay £12m? 

The Derby Way. 

On 31/07/2017 at 16:59, Wolfie20 said:

Anyone thinking of spending £12m on Clucas would need certifying

Looks like I undervalued him. £16.5m to Swansea. Guess Paul Clement is beyond certifiable! 

10 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Looks like I undervalued him. £16.5m to Swansea. Guess Paul Clement is beyond certifiable! 

Quick reminder of the players he signed for us:

Baird, Bent, Carson, Pearce, Weimann, Ince (kinda), Shackell, Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Camara, Olsson

Debatable how much influence he had on a lot of them as I definitely feel he was dictated to quite a lot with those decisions - But IMO a decent transfer record for us

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Baird, Bent, Carson, Pearce, Weimann, Ince (kinda), Shackell, Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Camara, Olsson

Debatable how much influence he had on a lot of them as I definitely feel he was dictated to quite a lot with those decisions - But IMO a decent transfer record for us

I think and I may be wrong but the Carson pearce wieman  Ince and Bent ones were sorted out before he came which leaves it a bit dodgy

12 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I take it as this is sarcasm? If not then I can't believe it. He had a horrendous transfer record here. Bent, Pearce, Ince & Carson all were in place before he was appointed manager. But the others are arguably the reason why we're seen to have over spent on average players.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think and I may be wrong but the Carson pearce wieman  Ince and Bent ones were sorted out before he came which leaves it a bit dodgy

I think everything pre-Butterfield was out of his hands - But I also suspect that all the rest were partly out of his hands too - That was when we had a 'Head Coach' and some kind of 'transfer board' with Rush and someone else as Director of Football (or some other nonsense title)

He was, however able to identify what we were missing - after the Hughes and Bryson injuries he asked for a box-to-box midfielder and a creative playmaker - In January he asked for a couple of wingers and a LB to cover the Forsyth injury

Maybe Clucas is what's missing at Swansea?

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I take it as this is sarcasm? If not then I can't believe it. He had a horrendous transfer record here. Bent, Pearce, Ince & Carson all were in place before he was appointed manager. But the others are arguably the reason why we're seen to have over spent on average players.

See post above - I don't think that most Head Coaches negotiate the transfer deals - And under Rush do you really think that was happening?

And I'd argue that since Johnson is still being picked, Butterfield still does a job and Olsson is still a top end LB in this league those count as successes - Blackman has been a bit unfortunate IMO - Camara was a terrible, terrible decision and I wish I'd never seen him at the club

12 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

For the price of £16.5m, he's definitely what they were missing.  :lol:

Swansea apparently made £100m+ from their league finish last season thanks to the new Sky deal - So spending 16% on a player doesn't seem that much

The more popular TV teams in our league last year would have received between £7-9m from prize money, 'solidarity' payments and viewing fees - So that transfer fee is kinda the equivalent of a top championship team spending £1.5m on a player

Just now, cheron85 said:

Swansea apparently made £100m+ from their league finish last season thanks to the new Sky deal - So spending 16% on a player doesn't seem that much

The more popular TV teams in our league last year would have received between £7-9m from prize money, 'solidarity' payments and viewing fees - So that transfer fee is kinda the equivalent of a top championship team spending £1.5m on a player

I don't care how much profit Swansea made or how much money they intend to spend on future transfers. It's theirs to spend as they pleased.

The question is really; is P. Clement's transfer policy certifiable?

After bringing a bunch of average players to Derby, I think, it isn't certifiable, it's completely uncertifiable.

Archived