Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

That'd be quite a substantial payment. Ending a contract isn't always viable.

Plus I would imagine we're collecting the insurance money at the moment to cover his wages for the time he's injured

Assuming clubs still do that? Do they still insure players against injury?

Just now, Anag Ram said:

What do we think to Johnny Williams at Crystal Palace?

He looks a lively player when I've seen him and isn't featuring at Palace. Still young enough to improve with a spell in a first team like ours.

Thought he looked good for Wales in the Euros when he came on - But not sure he's the kind of player we'd want in a 4-2-3-1 system - Seemed like a flair centre mid to me? Might be decent in a 4-3-3 maybe?

1 minute ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Bridcutt to forest is a good move - tbh he's just what we need alongside Huddlestone in the middle of the park. 

Yeh but if we signed him it would be about 3 games before people started whining that he's 'not the player he used to be' because he puts in one less than stellar performance

He's a great player while he doesn't play for us

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

What do we think to Johnny Williams at Crystal Palace?

He looks a lively player when I've seen him and isn't featuring at Palace. Still young enough to improve with a spell in a first team like ours.

I think he may have been out injured for a while. Hence why he hasn't been featuring for Palace.

Out of our price range methinks but could you imagine?!?

PALACE 'INTERESTED' IN BURKE

Frank de Boer has admitted that Crystal Palace are interested in Leipzig forward Olivier Burke.

The 20-year-old Scottish winger is free to leave German side Leipzig after joining them for £15million last summer.

He said: "Burke is a very promising, young Scottish player. It's always interesting to look at, but we are focusing on other players, too."

Bakary Sako? With Palace playing 3421 with wing backs I can't see him featuring for them.

A loan with a possible permanent move would be decent, last year of his contract and would 100% add the power + pace Rowett has previously mentioned.

Archived