Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

4 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Funnily enough playing up front as a Striker/Centre Forward does involve a certain amount of physical movement ......... it's commonly called running. Yes I base my opinions on going to matches, forming opinions upon players performance over years, and not just this season. 

My evidence of his attitude is for all to see, the fact that you seem blinded by his past performances is your problem. We all know that Martin is not the most mobile of players, however he has shown a complete inability to make himself available in matches. Yes that does involve moving. I watch in horror as he attaches himself to a centre half rather than look for spaces between them. His attitude stinks! He makes no real effort to look for space, his ability to hold onto possession is dwindling and his team player just does not justify a place in the team. 

He is nowhere near the payer he WAS, and in my opinion ANY FEE to get him out of the door and clear the wages from our books would be beneficial to the TEAM. 

Yes this is my opinion, you have yours, it's just not in accordance to mine.

Excellent couldn't agree more he a yesterday man her for his last pay day

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is the place to ask this (seems the most 'general' of transfer threads but apologies if not) but - genuine question- are we realistically expecting any more transfers in?  

I know GR was talking about "one more" after the Wolves match, but am hoping that wasn't definitive.  Not only do I think we could do with a couple more players anyway, but there's nothing I enjoy more than a good transfer rumour and the (often short lived) promise of seeing a new player perform. 

10 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Not sure if this is the place to ask this (seems the most 'general' of transfer threads but apologies if not) but - genuine question- are we realistically expecting any more transfers in?  

I know GR was talking about "one more" after the Wolves match, but am hoping that wasn't definitive.  Not only do I think we could do with a couple more players anyway, but there's nothing I enjoy more than a good transfer rumour and the (often short lived) promise of seeing a new player perform. 

One or both of Jon Toral & Ryan Kent seem the strongest rumours.

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

Yes and he will be 32when his contract is up for renewal He can't run now so don't know what he will be like 3 years  ??

Lots of footballers can't run and lots of footballers can do nothing but run, ie Camara, Theo Robinson, Izale McLeod, etc. Prefer my footballers to have footballing skills and brain, they don't change with age. :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

SKY say he is available possibly on loan....decent player...

He'll be on fairly big wages but would be worth it. One thing we're lacking is end product from our forwards and that's the one thing Snodgrass can do consistently.

He'll probably go to a lower end Prem team though 

Croatia isn't cheap. Beers are the same price. Food in a restaurant is similar to UK, petrol is a little cheaper, clothes etc. are similar, strippers are a little cheaper and they are more willing to be dirty without paying more, trains are cheaper and more reliable and house prices are going up fast.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

He'll be on fairly big wages but would be worth it. One thing we're lacking is end product from our forwards and that's the one thing Snodgrass can do consistently.

Was being linked with loan too Villa and Nixon said his wages are massive and West Ham want them paid in full plus a loan fee running into millions.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

GR said some loans end up costing as much or more than a permanent signing. This one probably falls into that bracket. Well worth the outlay though I'd say. He would cushion the blow of losing Ince.

Archived