Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

i'm gonna stick my head infront of the firing squad yet again on this forum..

I think we we manage to free up a good chunk of wages (I.E. russell, shackell, (maybe butterfield, jury is still out on that one.), roos, maybe one of our left backs or evenb anya/weimann. 

I wouldnt mind us beinging in one or two of the following:

Anthony Knockaert,

Bakary Sako,

Jon Toral,

Marcus Maddison

Max power as sort of a box to box

Lasse Vibe

and sure why not, since im gonna get absolutely slated (as it always seems i do)

Marcus Bettinelli

Barry Bannan (would be lethal with us as a number 10)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

i'm gonna stick my head infront of the firing squad yet again on this forum..

I think we we manage to free up a good chunk of wages (I.E. russell, shackell, (maybe butterfield, jury is still out on that one.), roos, maybe one of our left backs or evenb anya/weimann. 

I wouldnt mind us beinging in one or two of the following:

Anthony Knockaert,

Bakary Sako,

Jon Toral,

Marcus Maddison

Max power as sort of a box to box

Lasse Vibe

and sure why not, since im gonna get absolutely slated (as it always seems i do)

Marcus Bettinelli

Barry Bannan (would be lethal with us as a number 10)

Maddison and Bannan for me , Bannan ran the show when the wendies came to PP last season and a 1 million pound gamble on a raw unknown talent like Maddison could reap rewards in the future

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

:D fair point, although I'd have him down as an upgrade

I wouldn't pay the £xxm for him over Nugent - The Nuge is a top player at this level and since we already have him and the necessity to improve is elsewhere I wouldn't see the point

Statistically you're better off improving your WORST player than bringing in a superstar to a position you already have someone good

Mentioned it in the Toral thread. But Jordan Mutch is someone I'd like to see Rowett target. He's a battling centre midfielder who doesn't really seem part of Crystal Palace's plans. He's a Derby lad, so he'd have grown up understanding what it means to be a Derby Lad and if I'm right in thinking, Rowett might even have been in the coaching staff when he was in our academy? Could be a steal and is a quality player at this level.

6 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Has anybody suggested Moses Simon? Relatively unknown. 

Pacey, can play anywhere across the front three or in behind the striker. Could be looking at a bargain from a foreign league.

we were linked with him a a couple of summers ago, think it was quoted as around 9m at the time

5 minutes ago, Waffle said:

Mentioned it in the Toral thread. But Jordan Mutch is someone I'd like to see Rowett target. He's a battling centre midfielder who doesn't really seem part of Crystal Palace's plans. He's a Derby lad, so he'd have grown up understanding what it means to be a Derby Lad and if I'm right in thinking, Rowett might even have been in the coaching staff when he was in our academy? Could be a steal and is a quality player at this level.

I like this suggestion, as long as we can shift one of Johnson & Butterfield out.

I can't believe he's still only 25!

Archived