Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

This is very simple. Fulham have an agreement to purchase at an agreed price with Derby but only if the players agrees to their personal terms. Clearly Chris Martin intends to be back at Derby at the end of the season and clearly Derby intend him to be back. Martins statement is crystal clear. His family are happy at Derby so is he. Fulham hold the cards now but not at season end. 

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One things for certain, nothing's certain. Nobody can say what will happen come season end if the course stays as it is( CM stays until May) 

CM will decide what he wants to do at the end zone f the season and its up to both clubs to persuade him of where he plyes his trade next season.

please stop saying this will happen and that will happen as you clearly don't have a clue!

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

One things for certain, nothing's certain. Nobody can say what will happen come season end if the course stays as it is( CM stays until May) 

CM will decide what he wants to do at the end zone f the season and its up to both clubs to persuade him of where he plyes his trade next season.

please stop saying this will happen and that will happen as you clearly don't have a clue!

Correct it's all a bit nebulous 

Maybe just maybe we have offered Chris a new contract, told him we want him and will see him in the summer and told him to start enjoying his football with Fulham for the remainder of the season. Keep scoring, stay fit and we will see you in pre-season.

Martin today looked like a player enjoying his football.

I want Martin back now, but we sent him on loan for a season, for it to sit right with me it is only right he honours that deal.

42 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Let's chill our boots here...

Martin's in a happy place right now,his mind is at ease knowing he is coming home on a long term basis.why shouldn't he enjoy his football at Fulham until then?...

Don't let the nasty cynics ruin this for you as they will surely try to...To be so bitter and miserable is a terrible burden on them.

Hare Krishna baby! :)

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Let's chill our boots here...

Chris is coming back to us because he wants to be here.his family is here and he loves the club.he especially wants to play under Mac and I think he sees himself here until he retires.he just wants to be settled.

In addition,he just wants to play football without the politics and he will play the best football he can for Fulham until he can return to us.....

He's in a happy place right now,his mind is at ease knowing he is coming home on a long term basis.why shouldn't he enjoy his football at Fulham until then?.

It benefits us that he will return razor sharp and confident,even if it's not until the summer.

We need to have faith in him,in Mac and in the club that Martin is true to his word and is coming back,no ifs or buts.

Let's just relax now,the only thing we now need to know is exactly when he comes back.

I'm easy with this now,we all should be.

Don't let the nasty cynics ruin this for you as they will surely try to...To be so bitter and miserable is a terrible burden on them.

It's like you know him personally.. These type of posts do make me laugh. I am sure he called you and said Kash, tell them on DCFC Fans I am in a happy place anorl.. When I make a decison, I will call you first mucker. Keep dinging the dong.

What will happen will happen.

46 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

You're obviously not aware that some posters on here have been given access to the contract as well as numerous players payslips!

Today is a bit of an anticlimax after yesterday's euphoria on here. Gotta admit I thought the same as @Parsnip that we wouldn't see CM in a Fulham shirt again, however thankfully I didnt stake my tutu on it. Which game are we gonna see you in your new outfit btw? Not that I have any aspirations to see a grown man in a tutu and armbands mind. Seriously though this whole saga has been surreal from day one. Who knows how it will all pan out. At least we've got the clarity that CM does want to come back. Until that day comes we should  just concentrate on getting behind the lads currently occupying the shirt of our beloved club. All that matters is making a success of this bizarre season. Que sera, we can only influence the here and now. The rest will take care of itself. COYR.

28 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It's like you know him personally.. These type of posts do make me laugh. I am sure he called you and said Kash, tell them on DCFC Fans I am in a happy place anorl.. When I make a decison, I will call you first mucker. Keep dinging the dong.

What will happen will happen.

No,it's called looking at the big picture and the evidence available and making a judgement based on that...

Let's see who makes the correct call in the end.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No,it's called looking at the big picture and the evidence available and making a judgement call based on that...

Let's see who made the correct call in the end.

I have not made any call either way.. Just makes me laugh when people post like they know him personally.. It's just really funny and a little embarressing.

Keep posting Mr Dong..

13 hours ago, toddy said:

Because Martin still is a Derby player so all we have done is extended what was already in place with a lot more ££££ per week, this then adds pressure to Fulham for June, as they will need to offer him more.

What nobody has said is the impact of what this potentially does to the rest of the team, imagine he returns and is on 30,000 a week what does this say to Ince and Co?

Good points toddy. Bizarre situation in that case. Has it ever happened before? So are we paying more money to stay at Fulham until end of season then?

Archived