Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Ince clan were holding out for Newcastle to reignite their interest in him. Huddersfield are arguably the most likely side to be relegated next year, so not sure a 1 year stint in the Premier League would be the kind of thing Ince would actively be keen on. 

That's my point. Newcastle .. Yep you can see it. Bigger stage and likely to stay up. Plucky hopefuls from West Yorkshire ? Nah don't see it, and from his perspective too.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Tom Ince will never settle at a club because of his dad, top scorer last season doing very well at Derby, so let's get him a move to Huddersfield a team destined to get relagated and struggle in most areas next year! Yes it's a premier league move but an awful one! Ince would be a better player/ person if it wasn't for his dad running his carear 

Kind of smacks of the Eubanks circus.

Not sure Ince senior should be commenting on who his son is playing for or what league he deserves to be playing in. 

Fair enough he is Tom's dad but it makes things a bit difficult for the lad.

Like the Gareth Bale comment.

Perhaps ought to take a moments pause before saying anything.

2 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Not sure Ince senior should be commenting on who his son is playing for or what league he deserves to be playing in. 

Makes it a lot harder for him! Trying to unsettle him, should be playing in the prem hasn't worked at Derby? He's still at Derby 

3 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Maybe the self proclaimed "Governor" should stop trying to live his life through his son. 

Best bit of advice to Ince senior.... SHUT THE FCK UP!

????????

In defence of Ince senior, when he was on Goals on Sunday towards the end of last season, he said Tom had the potential to play in the PL, as did Derby and although it hasn't happened so far, Thomas was focused on making both happen, and is really happy at the club.

Summat like that, anyway.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

In defence of Ince senior, when he was on Goals on Sunday towards the end of last season, he said Tom had the potential to play in the PL, as did Derby and although it hasn't happened so far, Thomas was focused on making both happen, and is really happy at the club.

Said that about a week ago in an interview at a fundraiser. There's a tweet confirming this somewhere but I can't find it.

Just now, reveldevil said:

Paul Ince was pitchside for the Leicester game I think on TV and was saying similar sorts of reasonable things. Don't think he's as bad as made out.

Tom chose hull over inter once. Why might he not choose premier league udders over chumpionship Derby?

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Paul Ince was pitchside for the Leicester game I think on TV and was saying similar sorts of reasonable things. Don't think he's as bad as made out.

Tom chose hull over inter once. Why might he not choose premier league udders over chumpionship Derby?

Or even Derby over Udders? Maybe he likes it here? (Did you say that, have I misread the double negatives?! :D)

1 hour ago, jono said:

Forget the fee for a minute ... If you were Tom Ince would you really want to go to Huddersfield, premier league or not. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It isn't even much of a shop window 

You could see a less than fashionable mid ranking side for sure .. A Stoke or a Watford but Huddersfield ? Are they really going to "bribe" him with a monster salary ? 

If his Dad is really agitating for him to move then surely it would be after he has given GR a run and look to January ? Wishful thinking from me most probably but Derby must have a least as much to offer when you look further than the end of your own nose and for more than short term "meh why not" ? 

Anyway, there is obviously some tentative interest but for me we have to frighten them off .. 10-12 million no less surely ? 

With Will gone and Hendrick last season I can't believe we are in an FFP situation 

Hendrick money was all spent last year. And one needs to remember that even before any transfers we are losing money each year on wages alone; i.e. if we may need to sell a player just to cover the wage deficit to remain within financial fair play

1 hour ago, jono said:

Forget the fee for a minute ... If you were Tom Ince would you really want to go to Huddersfield, premier league or not. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It isn't even much of a shop window 

You could see a less than fashionable mid ranking side for sure .. A Stoke or a Watford but Huddersfield ? Are they really going to "bribe" him with a monster salary ? 

If his Dad is really agitating for him to move then surely it would be after he has given GR a run and look to January ? Wishful thinking from me most probably but Derby must have a least as much to offer when you look further than the end of your own nose and for more than short term "meh why not" ? 

Anyway, there is obviously some tentative interest but for me we have to frighten them off .. 10-12 million no less surely ? 

With Will gone and Hendrick last season I can't believe we are in an FFP situation 

Yes Jono. If he goes to Huddersfield he will be playing for an exciting German manager, and be a bona fide starter in a premier league side, like Hendrick. The premier league is the premier eagle regardless of team. Both Hendrick and Ince are more assured of playing every game and showcasing their talents on the highest stage than at Derby where the bloated squad means it likely that they'd never be sure of their spot, which was the case for Hendrick and for Ince too prior to his resurgence post Pearson. 

Not really sure what the fuss is all about Paul Ince was asked a direct question and answered it by saying he thought his son should be playing in the Prem,he also confirmed their had been interest in him and also said he was happy at Derby.

Most parents asked the same question would reply the  same way it is no different to Peter Schlemiel saying that Kaspar is  good enough to play for United and he would love to see it.

If he is available for transfer everyone in football will know about it so whatever Paul said will not be news.

If Huddersfield have a offer accepted and they are the only one's then he will have to decide on the best option for his future if say Newcastle enter the bidding then Huddersfield would just  be a non starter.In the meantime he remains our player and I for one am glad about that and long may it continue because he is one of the few who can light up a game in the blink of a eye.

ince may look at the chance to play in the premier league as a great opportunity and if the offer was from Huddersfield he may think that he'd love to play in the premier league but with the offer being from Huddersfield it might not be an attractive offer for him as they are most likely to go down whereas if he waits another season and we do go up there's a better chance of us staying up (based of how we performed in the cup against West Brom and Leicester)

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or even Derby over Udders? Maybe he likes it here? (Did you say that, have I misread the double negatives?! :D)

No, I was addressing the point as to why he would choose Huddersfield over derby and was remembering that he's chosen a premier league dump over a more cosmopolitan sylvan setting before :whistle:

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

Nothing wrong with what he said. Every player at DCFC would want to play in the premier league

Pretty sure if certain other players' parents came out saying similar things fans would disagree. 

Only last week there was a thread in which fans wanted Johnson gone because he dared to praise a former club. Looking forward to Hughesy getting grief when he inevitably praises us down the line...

Archived