Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

10 minutes ago, ramblur said:

If we were to sell Ince,there may well be a possibility that we could lose a chunk of the fee due to a sell on clause,as our maximum liability under such clauses rose by £8m in 15/16. If any of these clauses relate to a %age of the selling price,rather than the difference between SP and the fee we paid, then we could face even bigger losses than would otherwise be the case if attempting to sell certain players.

Please don't make it any worse for me, losing him is bad enough just by itself

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I like Olsson and Lowe so I'm not including that

Consistency at LB would have been nice though - Just with the sheer volume of injuries we seemed to have for one position - More cover there than anywhere else and still struggled!

Olsson is very consistent- he stands off the wide man to allow most crosses into the box and hardly wins any headers, lowe is a good understudy but we have to hope Forsyth is fully fit and does the full season

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Olsson is very consistent- he stands off the wide man to allow most crosses into the box and hardly wins any headers, lowe is a good understudy but we have to hope Forsyth is fully fit and does the full season

Olsson is our Ed Miliband.

We have the wrong brother! 

57 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He's 5ft 8 - Of course he doesn't win many headers - If he wins ANY he's doing well

It doesn't help that he jumps from the neck up.

He's a nearly man. Not quite good enough in either defence or attack.

A championship player - just not a top six player.

I think we do have the option this season of playing three at the back and utilising the likes of Forsyth and Anya as wing backs, even though 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 will be defaults.

Martin 143 games 60 goals

Status with some fans......lazy. Sell him

Ince 115 games 38 goals

Status with some fans......sulky. Sell him

Hughes games 186 goals 12

Status with some fans.....best player to wear a derby shirt in a decade. Manager is a tw.t for selling him. 9million not enough. Will go on to be a regular for the national team and also go on to a top four club for untold millions in fees.

I'm missing something here. 

2 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Ince 115 games 38 goals

Status with some fans.....best player to wear a derby shirt in a decade. Manager is a tw.t for selling him. 9million not enough. Will go on to be a regular for the national team and also go on to a top four club for untold millions in fees.

yeah Martin is a out and out striker, Ince and Hughes are more of an attacking midfielder kind of guys, that ******* goalie never chips in much though does he?

4 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Ince 115 games 38 goals

You'll probably find that the fans calling Ince sulky and Martin lazy are not the same ones saying Hughes is the best player in a decade.

In fact, I would wager that greater appreciation of Ince and Martin lines up with greater appreciation of Hughes (Ninos and Toddy aside).

3 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Please don't make it any worse for me, losing him is bad enough just by itself

Look on the bright side,if it were based on a %age of profit,the higher the wedge we have to pay,the higher the profit.

Forget the fee for a minute ... If you were Tom Ince would you really want to go to Huddersfield, premier league or not. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It isn't even much of a shop window 

You could see a less than fashionable mid ranking side for sure .. A Stoke or a Watford but Huddersfield ? Are they really going to "bribe" him with a monster salary ? 

If his Dad is really agitating for him to move then surely it would be after he has given GR a run and look to January ? Wishful thinking from me most probably but Derby must have a least as much to offer when you look further than the end of your own nose and for more than short term "meh why not" ? 

Anyway, there is obviously some tentative interest but for me we have to frighten them off .. 10-12 million no less surely ? 

With Will gone and Hendrick last season I can't believe we are in an FFP situation 

Just now, jono said:

Forget the fee for a minute ... If you were Tom Ince would you really want to go to Huddersfield, premier league or not. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It isn't even much of a shop window 

Wouldn't be surprised if the Ince clan were holding out for Newcastle to reignite their interest in him. Huddersfield are arguably the most likely side to be relegated next year, so not sure a 1 year stint in the Premier League would be the kind of thing Ince would actively be keen on. 

Tom Ince will never settle at a club because of his dad, top scorer last season doing very well at Derby, so let's get him a move to Huddersfield a team destined to get relagated and struggle in most areas next year! Yes it's a premier league move but an awful one! Ince would be a better player/ person if it wasn't for his dad running his carear 

Archived