Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FunkyRam said:

Cant be a good player if you dont play!

Ince is the best player at the club and if he goes i will be seriously looking at a refund for my season ticket.

We have just got rid of our most intelligent footballer, if we get rid of the most talented why even bother

It would be a shame if you wanted a refund on your season ticket if Ince goes, we are still a very good side and we are looking a lot more solid on paper with our signings and returning players and I truly believe we will be very close to automatic promotion this season

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It would be a shame if you wanted a refund on your season ticket if Ince goes, we are still a very good side and we are looking a lot more solid on paper with our signings and returning players and I truly believe we will be very close to automatic promotion this season

God I love footballs fans eternal optimism ,we finished poorly last season and have gone backwards [so far] .Fair play, as a cynical old git I am trying to remember what it was like to have blind faith.:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

God I love footballs fans eternal optimism ,we finished poorly last season and have gone backwards [so far] .Fair play, as a cynical old git I am trying to remember what it was like to have blind faith.:thumbsup:

I to am a silly old git ( season ticket 35 years) were we really finishing poorly last season? Anyway with some better pegs in the right holes we will be much better-  swap Olson for Forsyth swap Davies for Pearce swap wisdom for Christie swap Thorne for Butterfield and swap Martin for Bent and we look a heck of a lot better.

16 minutes ago, cannable said:

I always like Ince on the left under DazWaz.

I liked him on the left because it meant he couldn't just do his "cut in and have a shot" move every time he got the ball, he had to mix it up a bit, and he was a much better player for it.

15 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

If you swapped the Pearson time for the average points per game we got under Smacca and Rowett we would have been a single point off the playoffs - Even with the epic turmoil of last season (3/4 managers), changing style of play every other month, and having a few of our best players unavailable (Thorne, Martin, Hughes, Fozzy) for a lot of games we still pushed most of the decent teams in the league and didn't totally capitulate

We've lost one player (admittedly arguably our best) but added in two positions which are useful - We've also 'added' a bit, strong centre forward which we missed last year and a strong, hard tackling, thoughtful, creative DM - Which we didn't have last year

I don't think that's backwards

"Gone backwards since the end of last season"?!:blink:

When your outs are Hughes (hardly featured under Rowett) and Camara (hardly featured.) it's hard to go backwards. We've signed Davies and Wisdom who are massive improvements on who they're replacing in the first team - Pearce and Baird.

Conclusion: Stronger now than the end of last season

11 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I liked him on the left because it meant he couldn't just do his "cut in and have a shot" move every time he got the ball, he had to mix it up a bit, and he was a much better player for it.

Was pretty much going to say exactly this. However I do think that last season he looked to mix it up on the right a bit more than he has in previous seasons.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

If you swapped the Pearson time for the average points per game we got under Smacca and Rowett we would have been a single point off the playoffs - Even with the epic turmoil of last season (3/4 managers), changing style of play every other month, and having a few of our best players unavailable (Thorne, Martin, Hughes, Fozzy) for a lot of games we still pushed most of the decent teams in the league and didn't totally capitulate

We've lost one player (admittedly arguably our best) but added in two positions which are useful - We've also 'added' a bit, strong centre forward which we missed last year and a strong, hard tackling, thoughtful, creative DM - Which we didn't have last year

I don't think that's backwards

Added a competent left back too

2 hours ago, ElBeef said:

Tin hat at the ready.....

Having been present for the majority of Ince's home games, i feel i can comment on his form and effect to the team. 

Although he has scored some cracking goals and provided assists along the way....there's just something about Ince that just doesn't excite me. He is no Ted McMinn.

He works hard for the team when he loses thr ball but for me he could do so much more. The opposition expect a lot from Ince but i just dont feel he dominates games as he should.

Like the majority of this team, they would all be playing at a higher level if they were all consistant. At Ince's age he has peaked for me and even if he does go i dont think he will cut it in the prem.

Dont get me wrong i will be glad if he stays as most have said in this current market it will be hard to replace him.

But....... There has to be the players out there that Rowett has identified that will fit the teams structure better than Ince. A young hard working lad who wants to get better.

Lets all be honest Ince will not perform well in a team with Wisdom at right back....we have seen it before.

For me Ince's best position is the number 10 roll. I used to drive the chap who sits next to me mad calling for him to play there. Then he was dropped into that roll for 3 games and fluffed his lines.

You can argue all day long about the players around him but i just think if there is a decent offer over 12 mil then that money can be used to rebuild.

I expected that both Hughes and Ince would be gone before the start of the season. Im not overly dissapointed by this....something needs to change. Theres also no chance in the world that our fringe players will command any type of fee over 5mil so even if we lost 5 i doubt it will be enough to rebuild, although im sure we would save a huge amount of wages.

Just saying ?

You're damn right, they broke the mould  when they made good old 'Kevin' ?

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Added a competent left back too

I like Olsson and Lowe so I'm not including that

Consistency at LB would have been nice though - Just with the sheer volume of injuries we seemed to have for one position - More cover there than anywhere else and still struggled!

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

I like Olsson and Lowe so I'm not including that

Consistency at LB would have been nice though - Just with the sheer volume of injuries we seemed to have for one position - More cover there than anywhere else and still struggled!

I wouldn't like to rely on either of those two as first choice for a season. Lowe as fill in but not a regular yet.

5 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I wouldn't like to rely on either of those two as first choice for a season. Lowe as fill in but not a regular yet.

I dunno - I think the only thing which is going to let Lowe take the next step is regular first team football - His major problems seem to be positioning and lack of concentration which only come from that consistent pressure of regular first team football

Olsson I think is good, does what he does well, but is just small - He has his merits as a more attacking full back and would make an excellent wing back but it looks like we'll be wanting bigger, more defensive full backs rather than marauders on the overlap

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I think (if he can stay fit), Lowe will develop into a good player - as for Olsson, I'm yet to be convinced that he offers us anything - not great defensively and very hit & miss going forward....

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"Gone backwards since the end of last season"?!:blink:

When your outs are Hughes (hardly featured under Rowett) and Camara (hardly featured.) it's hard to go backwards. We've signed Davies and Wisdom who are massive improvements on who they're replacing in the first team - Pearce and Baird.

Conclusion: Stronger now than the end of last season

IN

Wisdom

Davies

Forsyth

Thorne

Martin

Weimann

OUT

Hughes

Camara

Conclusion: Stronger now than the end of last season :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I think (if he can stay fit), Lowe will develop into a good player - as for Olsson, I'm yet to be convinced that he offers us anything - not great defensively and very hit & miss going forward....

I am of a similar mind. Olson sometimes looks effective going forward but too often looks out of position in defence. He seems to stand away from who he is supposed to be marking too often, Lowe will inevitably make mistakes but dynamically and technically  he looks a level up. Or at least has the ability to be.

3 hours ago, ElBeef said:

Tin hat at the ready.....

Having been present for the majority of Ince's home games, i feel i can comment on his form and effect to the team. 

Although he has scored some cracking goals and provided assists along the way....there's just something about Ince that just doesn't excite me. He is no Ted McMinn.

He works hard for the team when he loses thr ball but for me he could do so much more. The opposition expect a lot from Ince but i just dont feel he dominates games as he should.

Like the majority of this team, they would all be playing at a higher level if they were all consistant. At Ince's age he has peaked for me and even if he does go i dont think he will cut it in the prem.

Dont get me wrong i will be glad if he stays as most have said in this current market it will be hard to replace him.

But....... There has to be the players out there that Rowett has identified that will fit the teams structure better than Ince. A young hard working lad who wants to get better.

Lets all be honest Ince will not perform well in a team with Wisdom at right back....we have seen it before.

For me Ince's best position is the number 10 roll. I used to drive the chap who sits next to me mad calling for him to play there. Then he was dropped into that roll for 3 games and fluffed his lines.

You can argue all day long about the players around him but i just think if there is a decent offer over 12 mil then that money can be used to rebuild.

I expected that both Hughes and Ince would be gone before the start of the season. Im not overly dissapointed by this....something needs to change. Theres also no chance in the world that our fringe players will command any type of fee over 5mil so even if we lost 5 i doubt it will be enough to rebuild, although im sure we would save a huge amount of wages.

Just saying ?

Wisdom didn't bomb on a lot when he was here before, and considering GR likes his full backs to defend first and foremost, he won't bomb on now.  Ince likes playing with more defensive players because they don't take up his space.

Ince was woeful in the No 10 position, he's no good with his back to goal.  As his 15 goals attest to, he's much more effective when he's faced players up, and can run at them.

Having said that, a £12m-ish offer would be probably too good to turn down.  I'd prefer him to stay, simply because he can change a game in a split second, and despite what a lot of fans think works his arse off for the team...

If we were to sell Ince,there may well be a possibility that we could lose a chunk of the fee due to a sell on clause,as our maximum liability under such clauses rose by £8m in 15/16. If any of these clauses relate to a %age of the selling price,rather than the difference between SP and the fee we paid, then we could face even bigger losses than would otherwise be the case if attempting to sell certain players.

Archived