Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! You mean he hasn't scored goals? Or scored from free-kicks? Nope, don't get your point.

Ince can create goals from nothing. i.e Pick the ball in his own half, drag the team forward etc, I don't see Martin as doing this, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Martin, I want to keep both players. Ultimately, if it came down to a choice, I'd take Ince.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I'd take Ince over Martin in a heartbeat. Ince can win games alone. Martin has never done so. 

Id actually let Ince go, but only for big money. He's good but he's not that good, sorry Paul. Ince can't play with Martin anyway. He prefer to play next to Bent and Bent is just awful. Plus, I'd like to see what Martin can do in a Rowett system. Rower will find that out in the pre-season. Can Martin take it to a new level, or be an impact sub for a change of look? If he is willing to step it up like fury, he can be an impact player, but if he's half arsed like usual, forget it. I also think, contrary to Toddy that he actually did very well at Fulham and was relatively impact for them, not in key games as is typically the case with him, but he earned his keep there given the minimal playing time.  He's a good pivot when a team has plenty of attacking possession. My point is with Ince, that he doesn't appear on the face of things to fit in,  although I can see Rowett fitting him in to a pressing game but it will be a struggle. 

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

Id actually let Ince go, but only for big money. He's good but he's not that good, sorry Paul. Ince can't play with Martin anyway. He prefer to play next to Bent and Bent is just awful. Plus, I'd like to see what Martin can do in a Rowett system. Rower will find that out in the pre-season. Can Martin take it to a new level, or be an impact sub for a change of look? If he is willing to step it up like fury, he can be an impact player, but if he's half arsed like usual, forget it. I also think, contrary to Toddy that he actually did very well at Fulham and was relatively impact for them, not in key games as is typically the case with him, but he earned his keep there given the minimal playing time.  He's a good pivot when a team has plenty of attacking possession. My point is with Ince, that he doesn't appear on the face of things to fit in,  although I can see Rowett fitting him in to a pressing game but it will be a struggle. 

Ince can't play with Martin??? 

The most impressive player for me at the end of the season was nugent. The way he chases, closes down and is always sniffing for chances. First choice striker in my opinion, just wish he was a few years younger. He is quality with a brilliant team players attitude. 

45 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Ince can create goals from nothing. i.e Pick the ball in his own half, drag the team forward etc, I don't see Martin as doing this, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Martin, I want to keep both players. Ultimately, if it came down to a choice, I'd take Ince.

Could not put better.

Losing Ince will be a huge body blow.

Every team needs that one player that can create something from nothing.

Ince is the only one in our squad capable of doing something that can single handedly win a game.

Martin is the best centre forward in the league and I hope they are both lining up for us May time next year as we seal promotion.

Just hope fans don't get too carried away with this idea Rowett is the new Pulis.

Quick football isn't....."right Curtis we've got Ince and thorne in the midfield......fu.k them belt it long" 

The one thing I would say is I think rowett will want a bloody decent fee to let ince go though ,, I really believe a lot of fans read ince wrong and think he is stroppy and don't work hard enough ,personal I reckon that ince has a single minded determination to be a bloody good footballer that be be right up rowett street , I'm willing to bet that ince will work his nuts off in training and fight to be first name on team sheet ,

as I posted earlier I believe that if the right money is bid then ince will be gone but that figure will have to be one that rowett feels can make a big difference to how he is able to shape the team

10 minutes ago, archied said:

The one thing I would say is I think rowett will want a bloody decent fee to let ince go though

Telegraph still quoting £10m asking price in the article about Huddersfield deciding whether or not coming back in for him.  

12 minutes ago, Rample said:

Telegraph still quoting £10m asking price in the article about Huddersfield deciding whether or not coming back in for him.  

Would we feel 10 mill is a good price if he went for that or massively undersold?

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Would we feel 10 mill is a good price if he went for that or massively undersold?

Massively undersold. Consistently double figures for either goals or assists and sometimes both. It's hard to replace that.

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

But that's not true is it?

Here is just a few clips of link up play between Martin and Ince during the 2015/16 season. It sure looks like they can play together here?

Archived