Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just a thought...but would selling a player for £15m, who's arguably only played well for us under one manager, and in one formation, be such a bad thing? 

But the fee has been touted as £10 mil hasn't it? And I'd say he's been pretty consistent since he's been here

28 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Just a thought...but would selling a player for £15m, who's arguably only played well for us under one manager, and in one formation, be such a bad thing? 

If our top scorer, a winger, and biggest provider of assists is not good enough surely they can all go eh Nuwtfly???

Id be seriously disappointed if we sell Ince.

Football is a sport of entertainment and without Will Hughes or Tom Ince in the side there will be a serious drop in the level of entertainment we get whilst at Pride Park on Saturday!

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If our top scorer, a winger, and biggest provider of assists is not good enough surely they can all go eh Nuwtfly???

Haven't said he's not good enough though, have I? Just suggesting that it's not the end of the world, nor does it write off our season, as some have suggested.

15 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Tom has improved year on year for goals and assists since he's been here. Who can we get that will replace him for less than £10mil?

goals and assists

12 and 2       14/15

12 and 5       15/16

15 and 8       16/17

Just shows how piss poor the rest of our wingers are at assists

34 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Tom has improved year on year for goals and assists since he's been here. Who can we get that will replace him for less than £10mil?

goals and assists

12 and 2       14/15

12 and 5       15/16

15 and 8       16/17

Interestingly, Ince's best season has come during Derby's worst whilst he's been here.

As result, you could argue that the more reliant we are on him, the worse we are as a team...

Statistics only show a fraction of the picture.

10 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Interestingly, Ince's best season has come during Derby's worst whilst he's been here.

As result, you could argue that the more reliant we are on him, the worse we are as a team...

I had a strong sense of that from him during his loan spell under Mac1.

He has been consistently quality since he's been here, always worked hard. I sort of came to the conclusion that he shines so much brighter in those situations because people are all thinking "give it bloody ince he might do something!" (players and fans).

I dont think he'd be anything other than great in Rowett's side, but I think he'd prefer to be the shining light in Huddersfield's team.

8 hours ago, maydrakin said:

A bit harsh on the others in that they don't get to take the free kicks and corners

We need to find a way of bringing more goals into the side.

Selling Hughes you could argue was a step in the right direction as his stats suggest he doesn't contribute enough.

Ince on the other hand is a goal machine, it would be almost impossible to replace his goals and assists for the types of fees rumoured.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We need to find a way of bringing more goals into the side.

Selling Hughes you could argue was a step in the right direction as his stats suggest he doesn't contribute enough.

Ince on the other hand is a goal machine, it would be almost impossible to replace his goals and assists for the types of fees rumoured.

Trying to justify the sale of Ince is like trying to justify Brexit....illogical and just doesn't add up.....

Archived