Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the sale of Hughes has magnified the need to keep Ince even further. It seems in our squad that we've been getting rid of some quality players, and replacing them with ball carriers, rather than players who can manipulate the ball and create chances. Now we've sold Hughes, Ince is vital to this squad to provide some magic, and as the only notable player in the same ilk as Hughes who can create opportunities with real ability on the ball. (George Thorne fits the bill, however he is very rarely fit.) 

I also think the sale of Ince would have the impact of pushing us much closer to a mid table side. Without Ince, we have workman like players on the wing, who try their best and work hard on the wing, but are guilty of poor final ball and composure. Russell, Weimann and Blackman all seem to fit that description, hard workers, however rarely deliver. In Ince, we have a winger who delivers consistently each season.

Ultimately, we'll do whatever is best for Derby County, and however that is will be deemed by Rowett and Mel Morris. However, I believe the sale of Ince would be a step too far this window, with losing another influential player in Hughes, and potentially Keogh, the changes would possibly prove to be too radical.

I personally believe that Ince is Derby's best player now Hughes has moved to Watford, and I think he's destined for the Premier League, hopefully to get a better chance than he got at Hull, and hopefully with Derby. 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think the sale of Hughes has magnified the need to keep Ince even further. It seems in our squad that we've been getting rid of some quality players, and replacing them with ball carriers, rather than players who can manipulate the ball and create chances. Now we've sold Hughes, Ince is vital to this squad to provide some magic, and as the only notable player in the same ilk as Hughes who can create opportunities with real ability on the ball. (George Thorne fits the bill, however he is very rarely fit.) 

I also think the sale of Ince would have the impact of pushing us much closer to a mid table side. Without Ince, we have workman like players on the wing, who try their best and work hard on the wing, but are guilty of poor final ball and composure. Russell, Weimann and Blackman all seem to fit that description, hard workers, however rarely deliver. In Ince, we have a winger who delivers consistently each season.

Ultimately, we'll do whatever is best for Derby County, and however that is will be deemed by Rowett and Mel Morris. However, I believe the sale of Ince would be a step too far this window, with losing another influential player in Hughes, and potentially Keogh, the changes would possibly prove to be too radical.

I personally believe that Ince is Derby's best player now Hughes has moved to Watford, and I think he's destined for the Premier League, hopefully to get a better chance than he got at Hull, and hopefully with Derby. 

15 goals and six assists.

I'm not a big fan of stats as they only paint half a picture of a player and a game as a whole.

However to be directly involved in 21 goals from a wide position probably shows what a good player he is.

Yet still some fans want him gone because of perceived bad attitude.

He's a match winner.

Not sure how you replace him.

Just now, AmberRamber said:

I'm not a big fan of stats as they only paint half a picture of a player and a game as a whole.

However to be directly involved in 21 goals from a wide position probably shows what a good player he is.

He's a match winner.

Yeah, I agree with you.

I don't have a stat to show how many points he won us from wide positions, but I'm willing to bet it is quite a few.  He's an outstanding winger, I personally believe he is the best in this league.

I don't believe you can replace him in the championship. Perhaps if you make a lucky signing of a gem - Mahrez as an example. He's been one of our most consistent performers, delivered almost every match. I would be more devastated to lose him than Hughes, in terms of end product.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, I agree with you.

I don't have a stat to show how many points he won us from wide positions, but I'm willing to bet it is quite a few.  He's an outstanding winger, I personally believe he is the best in this league.

I don't believe you can replace him in the championship. Perhaps if you make a lucky signing of a gem - Mahrez as an example. He's been one of our most consistent performers, delivered almost every match. I would be more devastated to lose him than Hughes, in terms of end product.

Agreed.

There is one thing that wins games.....goals.

Ince scores goals. 

Martin scores goals.

Match winners.

How many managers has Ince played under here? 

If his attitude was half as bad as some of our fans think it is (without seeing him in training every day or knowing him as a person I'm not sure who they've got to the conclusion) then he'd have been out the door by now. 

He delivers. Its as simple as that. He's the only player in our squad at the moment that can do something out of nothing. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If his attitude was half as bad as some of our fans think it is (without seeing him in training every day or knowing him as a person I'm not sure who they've got to the conclusion) then he'd have been out the door by now. 

He delivers. Its as simple as that. He's the only player in our squad at the moment that can do something out of nothing. 

It is because his dad was a **** and juat assume he is.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Keep saying that Ince score goals and is a match winner.

This idea of him chasing around like a dog after a Frisbee is sheer stupidity and shows sometimes how football is getting lost with "passion, putting a shift in, running his socks off blah blah blah"

Ince does put a shift in and that is being directly involved in 21 goals from out wide in a mid table side.

That's his job in the team and he's done that by scoring 38? Goals in 118? Games.

A goal every three games from a winger.

F..k him off the sulky tw.t! 

26 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

He's a match winner.

Weren't you paying attention when we got rid of Commons?

Ben Davies is clearly the answer!

You don't replace Ince, you take the proceeds and attempt to build a balanced squad where the goals come from all over the pitch, one capable of scoring 90 Championship goals in a season despite only 2 players getting into double figures.

"Just like the team we used to have. (USED TO HAVE!)"

Sadly, our recruitment policy has been to that pipe dream what global warming has been to the prospect of ever seeing a white Christmas again*.

(*factual accuracy of this statment is neither researched nor claimed)

Archived