George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been enjoying/ suffering for 34 years now and I reckon thorne is in my top 10 midfielders at the club in this period when fit - fit being the problem  .  We need to get this contract sorted,  he is worth another contract even if he doesn't play all the time . 8-10 mill to replace him if not.  Think the problem isn't money more likely game time .  When you sit on the bench waiting for a chance - Ledley gets injured and Johnson gets picked you won't be inspired.

IF Thorne was to come here on a free now everyone would be delighted

I would expect him to sign with a lower end premier league club or top end championship club in next 10 days if nothing sorted  - West brom or Villa anybody.

van der laan

Thorne

Oakley

Asanovic

Eranio- amongst other positions

Hendrick- vastly under rated-

Osman

Bryson pre 5 year contract

Ian Taylor

Paul Williams

These players had/have the ability to both attack and defend .  A bit old school maybe but the best midfielders should be able to attack and defend in equal measure and be able to do it consistently hence no Hughes,Kinkladze or Idiakez.

58 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

DET says both Thorne and Russell offered new contracts.

Just read the article, you don’t normally hear straight from the horses mouth that contract offers are on the table. Normally you hear talks are on going then there’s an article, with handshakes announcing a new contract has been signed. I would guess the contracts we’ve offered probably aren’t as good as Russell and George were expecting

14 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Just read the article, you don’t normally hear straight from the horses mouth that contract offers are on the table. Normally you hear talks are on going then there’s an article, with handshakes announcing a new contract has been signed. I would guess the contracts we’ve offered probably aren’t as good as Russell and George were expecting

Yep sounds like it, get promotion and everybody’s contract goes up 50% - not a bad idea _ good incentive 

Archived