George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, cannable said:

His passing’s off, nothing to do with match fitness.

I honestly don’t believe footballers lose ability (sharpness; yes) and so I question whether it’s him or the system.

13/14 George was honestly England class though 

England class....?? He couldn’t even get into a rubbish West Bromwich team.. we were sold a total lemon and paid way to much for it, I hope Mel kept the receipt...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gritters said:

Yes and when we had our good run we weren't conceding goals. Every game at the moment we are gifting goals. 

People keep telling me it's swings and roundabouts which may be the case but we need to get off the swing and onto the roundabout or vise versa if it's the other way round.

True we weren’t giving up goals but we were giving away good chances.

so last ditch saving from Carson or poor finishing saved us on a number of occasions 

at reading last week we had the lead twice. Yet on neither occasion did we look capable of keeping the opposition at arms length for any prolonged period.

we have lost our way in defending from the front and seeing out a game.

when we’re not even defending a lead we seem collectively worse 

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

England class....?? He couldn’t even get into a rubbish West Bromwich team.. we were sold a total lemon and paid way to much for it, I hope Mel kept the receipt...

You sound like Victor Meldrew :lol: 

"I don't believe it!"

His first time passing was poor today, I felt he was standing off people rather than challenge them. 

Im hoping he is building his fitness and match sharpness up a game at a time, but to the naked eye he looks slow and a shadow of the player who first came to the club. 

He needs someone with energy to harrass and tackle for 90 mins beside him, but im not sure there's anyone at the club who can do that. 

Without his injuries, he could have been a premier league and England stalwart. However, he needs to retire, it’s horrible watching such a talented footballer, flounder in this division. Enough is enough. Surely we can all see this. Take up management or modelling, just call it a day regarding football 

22 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Without his injuries, he could have been a premier league and England stalwart. However, he needs to retire, it’s horrible watching such a talented footballer, flounder in this division. Enough is enough. Surely we can all see this. Take up management or modelling, just call it a day regarding football 

Go to bed.

TobyWanKenobi
1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

George Thorne pass accuracy today-80%

Don't come here with your facts. 

maybe it's not Thorne maybe it' the players around him the team in 13/14 would destroy our team now if it was possible to play against each other! We had 2 out of 3 very good centre miss worth him all the time Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes(a couple of times) they offered him alot where with Huddlestone with him doesnt really offer him anything if anything it' puts more pressure on him because our midfield is so defensive and the other teams midfiders are pushed on so much more he gets less time on the ball 

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Thought he did ok yesterday. 

Main problem with him at the moment is that his first thought is to play sideways or backwards.

Not sure thats true, Thorne played some lovely balls yesterday forward, i think the main problem is the lack of opportunity at times to play it forward, quite often it needs a sublime pass from hudds or thorne, which they both can do.

In the past thorne had bryson, hendrick, hughes looking to get forward, often it was a simple case of thorne making a 2 yard pass, not having to make a 40 yard pass to create something.

We play different now, I thought he did ok yesterday, nowhere near the worst player in our side. Cant believe some of the opinions I have read about him on here. I think maybe because we have built him up into something special and we over analyse his performances, Ledley in the two games he came in for was no better and doesnt have the distribution in his locker that Thorne has.

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Clearly I’m on my own but personally thought Thorne was having one of his best games of the season today...

You arent,

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Mel didnt buy him.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

George Thorne pass accuracy today-80%

To quote a former manager about statistics in football. 

"Statistics are like miniskirts. They give you good ideas but hide the important things"

George manages the passes where he can take a touch and find a 5-10 yard pass sideways and backwards, but his accuracy on first time longer passes towards the forwards is off at the moment. 

As ive said earlier, im hoping it will come as he gets stronger and fitter. 

9 hours ago, Doodle said:

What a load of uneducated twaddle. I assume you posted this nonsense to get a reaction; that worked then. 

Before his last major injury,  I noticed even then, his passing was quite poor.  Sorry,  but I think the guy is very much overrated. He was a good player, but not the Messiah that many made him out to be. Seems he has now taken a few steps back.  I would get rid if we can. 

George is a player worth perservering with.

He needs to be given support and time to get back to the standards he is capable of.

He is the least of our problems.

Archived