George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His passing’s off, nothing to do with match fitness.

I honestly don’t believe footballers lose ability (sharpness; yes) and so I question whether it’s him or the system.

13/14 George was honestly England class though 

Damaged goods. Those who thought he was ever going to be the same player were totally delusional brought on by rose tinted glasses of his performances before Wembley and the total lack of any other alternative in our insipid midfield. 

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

What’s happened to him?

Is he not fit? Not in form?

Hes a shadow of his former self, will we ever see the George Thorne we had pre Wembley?

On today’s showing he’s not even 40% of the player he was,a real shame .

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

As said previously he’s not playing the way he wants too. Constantly being overrun with little space. Constantly doing the ‘dogsbody’ for others and not really being rewarded for it.

Atleast he didn’t give up, got more of an issue with Vydra today who gave up and constantly in “no mans land” and felt like little interest in working for the team. That’s not good enough to me no matter how many goals you score.

I don’t think Vydra is fully fit to be honest

10 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

Probably because he is the top scorer in the league and our best player?

But doesn’t last week show we aren’t thaaaaaaat dependent that we should throw him in when he’s not right. Think we could afford to show the faith in others, which might do their confidence some good too.

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

But doesn’t last week show we aren’t thaaaaaaat dependent that we should throw him in when he’s not right. Think we could afford to show the faith in others, which might do their confidence some good too.

Well he doesn't seem to have shown much faith in Nuge. Or lots of players really, cos no-one is guaranteed to keep the shirt if they've had a good game.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well he doesn't seem to have shown much faith in Nuge. Or lots of players really, cos no-one is guaranteed to keep the shirt if they've had a good game.

If I wanted to, I could happily go into a rant about Rowett’s man management being poor but...it’s Saturday and I’m now in the pub. Ask me tomorrow maybe haha

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:

We conceded 3 as well. 

I’m...not sure what you are trying to say in context (if Vydra played we wouldnt have conceaded?) but I’m logging off here for tonight, let’s look into it tomorrow ??(they are meant to be ‘cheersing’)

14 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Defending is where our problems lie. 

Not the defence. Defending. 

Yes and when we had our good run we weren't conceding goals. Every game at the moment we are gifting goals. 

People keep telling me it's swings and roundabouts which may be the case but we need to get off the swing and onto the roundabout or vise versa if it's the other way round.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Sorry Tuff but if he'd played we would have got three points Reading were that poor 

Archived