George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, 86 points said:

LOL- yeah, right.

Here's George 'At Best An Average Championship Player' Thorne strutting his stuff. Enjoy the rest of season petal :wub:

I absolutely love this bloke, can't speak highly of him enough.... a fully fit Thorne puts the rest of our centre kids to shame and that's saying something. I've said it before and will say it again, would be England's first choice holding midfielder if it wasn't for those 3 injuries. He is still only 25, and he will get to that position, barring injuries. Hopefully it is as a ram, Gary play him, and please Mel please give him a long term contract.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, europia said:

It's a shame about George. He's not the first and probably wont be the last Rams player to have an unfulfilled career due to injury and fitness issues. 

Didn't realise at 25 his career is over.

50 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

I absolutely love this bloke, can't speak highly of him enough.... a fully fit Thorne puts the rest of our centre kids to shame and that's saying something. I've said it before and will say it again, would be England's first choice holding midfielder if it wasn't for those 3 injuries. He is still only 25, and he will get to that position, barring injuries. Hopefully it is as a ram, Gary play him, and please Mel please give him a long term contract.

Decent player but your rating is way way over the top ,,, being a cut above in the championship is a long way from being a cut above in the prem and that’s a long way from being the best in the prem and England’s first choice 

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

LOL- yeah, right.

Here's George 'At Best An Average Championship Player' Thorne strutting his stuff. Enjoy the rest of season petal :wub:

Yep...the way he emptys his nostirls after 20 seconds is sublime...and how he spits out the water later is Zidane esq....after that I had to stop the video for two reasons....I came over far too excited about the 5 passes he did that my dog could have done....and it showed the play off final and I still haven't watched one second of that again...

Will never be as good as Robin Van Der Laan, Lee Carsley, John Gregory, Geraint Williams, Paul Williams etc etc etc

12 minutes ago, archied said:

Decent player but your rating is way way over the top ,,, being a cut above in the championship is a long way from being a cut above in the prem and that’s a long way from being the best in the prem and England’s first choice 

Henderson is England captain and plays centre mid. You think a fully fit George thorne playing week in week out for us in the prem next season won't be able to dislodge such an awful footballer?

2 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Henderson is England captain and plays centre mid. You think a fully fit George thorne playing week in week out for us in the prem next season won't be able to dislodge such an awful footballer?

Let’s see if there’s a fully fit Thorne playing week out and week in for us in the prem next season and performing better than the current England captain ,,, but maybe your right , if you say it fast enough it sounds easy , at this point all that is proven is that George is capable of putting a run of form together that makes him look like a bloody good championship player , stating that he would be England’s first choice without the three injuries is a massive massive stretch from his REAL life cv,

8 minutes ago, archied said:

Let’s see if there’s a fully fit Thorne playing week out and week in for us in the prem next season and performing better than the current England captain ,,, but maybe your right , if you say it fast enough it sounds easy , at this point all that is proven is that George is capable of putting a run of form together that makes him look like a bloody good championship player , stating that he would be England’s first choice without the three injuries is a massive massive stretch from his REAL life cv,

CVs don’t determine how good a player is though. Wasn’t Clough adamant McFarland was England’s best centre-half when he was in the second division? 

Dele Alli was as good as he was in League One as he was five months later when he was making his England debut.

34 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep...the way he emptys his nostirls after 20 seconds is sublime...and how he spits out the water later is Zidane esq....after that I had to stop the video for two reasons....I came over far too excited about the 5 passes he did that my dog could have done....and it showed the play off final and I still haven't watched one second of that again...

Will never be as good as Robin Van Der Laan, Lee Carsley, John Gregory, Geraint Williams, Paul Williams etc etc etc

Hope your implying Paul Williams was a footballer surely not Lee Carsley could tackle but he couldn't pass water 

45 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

January Transfer Suggestion: MuespachRam's dog.

54 minutes ago, archied said:

In fairness though archie there aren't that many that are 'best in the prem' and English, in any position 

45 minutes ago, archied said:

Agree to an extent..... but I'm speaking hyperthetically, and of course it's only my opinion.... im sure you will be pleased if he proves you wrong in the long run

Watching Thorne and Hughes play in any match is worth the admission price alone. Did peeps not notice his gorgeous little backheel v Man U? He’s as calm as a cucumber and rarely wasteful. Does need a bit more of a lean out but still our best midfielder. With him supporting Vyds we are a menacing force.

18 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Agree to an extent..... but I'm speaking hyperthetically, and of course it's only my opinion.... im sure you will be pleased if he proves you wrong in the long run

Don’t get me wrong ,I’m not saying I don’t rate him and I’m not saying that it’s impossible for him to reach the heights that you feel he will , it’s only that it’s a long way off in terms of reality at this point and yes I would be very very happy to see him playing for us in the prem whilst nailing down an England slot but at this point I just want to see him fully fit and nailing down a first team slot in our championship team ,he has to reach that point before we can consider his potential to become the player you see in him

Have this feeling George is going to bag us a goal at St Andrew's on Saturday.

Loved that against Man Utd he was always calm on the ball, never panicking and rushed into a poor pass. He gives us so much control. I hope it won't happen, but I can see a situation where he's not happy with his new deal and the club doesn't want to risk too much on a player who has spent so much time on the treatment table, so both sides decide to let the contract run down. The ideal end result is that George would get to play regularly and prove his fitness and lead us into the Prem and then the club would offer him a better deal* that he'd be thrilled to sign. And in the interim George would be playing out of his skin to secure promotion and said new deal, that deal hopefully coming with us but if not then for someone else to come in for him.

*I have not the slightest knowledge of any deal that George may currently have been offered.

Archived