West Brom v Derby County (FA Cup) - Match Day Thread

RamsPolls

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going 'Route 1' against Shackell, Keogh, Pearce et al is an admission of defeat. They eat that crap for breakfast, dinner and tea, whether the opposition are gumps or yamyams.

Just got home. They say a weeks a long time in football and it certainly is. Left Norwich on Monday for the long drive home with a face like a smacked arse. Left today grinning from ear to ear after a great game and great day out. Having witnessed Possibly the best debut by a Derby player in many a year as well as every other player, playing out of their skins. There were perhaps a couple who weren't quite on top form, but it would be churlish to single out anyone after that performance. COYR 

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Tony Pulis is unhappy with the referee as he believes he marked out 13 paces for the free kick that led to the goal but only marked out 10 for the other free kicks given during the game. 

B4 - we need you to launch into a full blooded homage to the ref,  how he is the best we've had - ever. And why Tony pulis is a cheating mardarse. 

A new thread should do it feller. The "likes" will flow:thumbsup:

I had to sit in the home end today, which was hugely frustrating. 

The home fans were genuinely impressed by our first bounce, when the entire away end was it at. "Wow" and "That looks good don't it?" It looked fantastic and the general volume was incredible, so well done to all!

In terms of the game, I thought we were the better team for 60 minutes, barring a couple of bad errors. Carson owes Keogh a drink or three for that clearance in the first few minutes! I was very surprised by how ineffective West Brom were and we showed good control, despite not creating much in the way of real chances.

Brilliant goals. I especially enjoyed Bent's strike, it was a real beauty. 

The last half hour was hell, especially because I was surrounded by some extremely angry Baggies. I have to be honest and say I didn't think we were going to hold on. It looked like a fantastic save from Carson late on and funnily enough the very final couple of minutes were less stressful than the previous 20 or so.

All in all I'm chuffed because I thought we were in for a beating today. Bring on the draw!

Really exciting afternoon, brilliant support - particular thanks to the person in front of me who didn't turn up and gave me a great view. Never done player ratings before but I will have a go.

Carson - 7. Came under pressure with their high pressing in first half and was comprehensively beaten when Keogh cleared off line but when he was needed in the second half he was brilliant.

Baird - 8. Kept going and was cool when others around panicked. Stepped across to left back when Hanson went off.

Hanson - 7 Solid up against a class winger in Phillips. Tired and cramped up in second half but played with heart.

Shackell - 9. Immense and the more they pressed the better he got in the air. Thought his distribution was slightly better than previously. Found Camara a couple of times!

Keogh - 8. Had a good game and clearance off line kept us in it early doors. Yes, his clearance was blocked that led to goal but that more to their pressing that caused the mistake. Made a couple of marauding runs as usual.

De Sart - 8. Brilliant first half and only faded towards end through lack of match fitness. Classy on ball and by no means the lightweight some described him as.

Johnson - 7. Battling, got stuck in, sometimes a bit slow in distribution but played with great heart.

Bryson - 7. Buzzing about, gets in people's faces but didn’t impose himself on match. Ran his socks off.

Camara - 8. Bright and a real handful for WBA defence. Also kept the ball better than previously and made good use of throw-ins etc. Lovely ball in to Bent for first goal.

Bent - 7. Worked hard, class finish. Typical Bent performance. 

Ince - 9. MOTM for me. Absolutely ran himself into the ground, always available and caused problems throughout. Tracked back well and a quality free kick worthy of winning the game. Only blemish was his non-pass to Vydra for a certain 3rd. 

Subs - 7 each - didn't have time to do much between them but battled for the team. Pleased to see Vernam make his debut. 

Fans - 10!!! Brilliant atmosphere and still buzzing. COYR! 

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Really exciting afternoon, brilliant support - particular thanks to the person in front of me who didn't turn up and gave me a great view. Never done player ratings before but I will have a go.

Carson - 7. Came under pressure with their high pressing in first half and was comprehensively beaten when Keogh cleared off line but when he was needed in the second half he was brilliant.

Baird - 8. Kept going and was cool when others around panicked. Stepped across to left back when Hanson went off.

Hanson - 7 Solid up against a class winger in Phillips. Tired and cramped up in second half but played with heart.

Shackell - 9. Immense and the more they pressed the better he got in the air. Thought his distribution was slightly better than previously. Found Camara a couple of times!

Keogh - 8. Had a good game and clearance off line kept us in it early doors. Yes, his clearance was blocked that led to goal but that more to their pressing that caused the mistake. Made a couple of marauding runs as usual.

De Sart - 8. Brilliant first half and only faded towards end through lack of match fitness. Classy on ball and by no means the lightweight some described him as.

Johnson - 7. Battling, got stuck in, sometimes a bit slow in distribution but played with great heart.

Bryson - 7. Buzzing about, gets in people's faces but didn’t impose himself on match. Ran his socks off.

Camara - 1 Absolutely rubbish not even a Championship standard player, just runs quick, sell now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bent - 7. Worked hard, class finish. Typical Bent performance. 

Ince - 9. MOTM for me. Absolutely ran himself into the ground, always available and caused problems throughout. Tracked back well and a quality free kick worthy of winning the game. Only blemish was his non-pass to Vydra for a certain 3rd. 

Subs - 7 each - didn't have time to do much between them but battled for the team. Pleased to see Vernam make his debut. 

Fans - 10!!! Brilliant atmosphere and still buzzing. COYR! 

FTFY :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, eddie said:

Going 'Route 1' against Shackell, Keogh, Pearce et al is an admission of defeat. They eat that crap for breakfast, dinner and tea, whether the opposition are gumps or yamyams.

Yes we did. Don't forget Baird as well he was a beast too as were they all. 

Hopefully that will put an end to all the muppets who want to play weakened teams in cups. SM picked pretty much his strongest when you take into account injuries and suspensions. Pullis as well.. 

How much confidence will that give the team? Worth any amount of so called rest. Two teams going at it, proper football. 

I was so happy when Bournemouth got stuffed.. Pompus *****, 11 changes ffs. He deserves to be sacked. Diestrespected the fans, disrespectful to Millwall and the competition. 

Archived