RD saying that Fulham to probably take disciplinary action against our Chris Martin

Curtains

In unrelated news: Fulham's Chief Negotiator has been sacked just hours after a press conference where he said they have no intention of getting lumbered with a player who doesn't want to be there. He said they could have tried to play hardball..but thought honesty was the best policy as they trust Derby to do the right thing and pay their promotion rivals £5m for any inconvenience caused. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fulham will be due to pay Derby £2 million to keep Martin until the end of the season. Though it's likely he won't even feature for them, so basically they're paying £2 million to deprive us of a key player.

It would be like us paying £2 million for Forestieri not to play for Sheff Wed again this season.

Fulham obviously rate him highly if they're willing to pay up for him not to play for us. Goes some way to showing how he is anything but the player Ninos describes him as.

Righhhhhtttt lol 

I think it's all been handled quite poorly. At least up to this point.

Chris Martin should never have been allowed to leave the club, he's proven he's plenty good enough to  both score goals and to lead the line for a team chasing promotion. On top of that he's a really intelligent footballer who gets others playing around him as well.

Once the Mac came back there was always a chance Chris would have his head turned if the opportunity to come back was offered. Chris played some of his best stuff under Steve and as long as they were able to kiss and make up then it makes perfect sense to get him back and get him doing what he does best. Scoring goals for Derby County.

Now (not knowing the finer details of the initial deal) I think Derby should take whatever hit necessary to come out of this with some class. It's clear Fulham weren't expecting any kind of recall to be activated. Martin should aplogise, say he wants to go home and understand that he's not going to come out of this well at all. Get the deal done and move on.

And now some credit for Sam Rush.

It's clear Derby want Martin back and so far, once Rush has set his sights on a target, player or manager, either in or out, he's proven he can get a deal over the line and that he's not to be messed with. Overpaying on occasions doesn't take away from the fact he's able to get key deals done in a way that usually better suits Derby County, that's a part of his job he's done well.

35 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

And now some credit for Sam Rush.

It's clear Derby want Martin back and so far, once Rush has set his sights on a target, player or manager, either in or out, he's proven he can get a deal over the line and that he's not to be messed with. Overpaying on occasions doesn't take away from the fact he's able to get key deals done in a way that usually better suits Derby County, that's a part of his job he's done well.

Plus, he's an absolute dream boat

samrushrain4x3129-576648_478x359.jpg

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fulham will be due to pay Derby £2 million to keep Martin until the end of the season. Though it's likely he won't even feature for them, so basically they're paying £2 million to deprive us of a key player.

It would be like us paying £2 million for Forestieri not to play for Sheff Wed again this season.

Fulham obviously rate him highly if they're willing to pay up for him not to play for us. Goes some way to showing how he is anything but the player Ninos describes him as.

Think you will find that most of us ,have went some way to seeing,he is anything but the player Ninos describes him as. Because our seats actually face the pitch. ?

4 hours ago, toddy said:

Fulham are adamant Chris Martin will not return to Derby until the end of the season at the earliest.

GetWestLondon has learned Whites will reluctantly allow the loanee Scotland striker to sit on the sidelines if worst comes to worst, rather than hand the Rams an advantage in the Championship play-off race.

Martin says he is injured, even though the Whites medical team are perplexed by this.

As a result, they can't withhold his near £20k-a-week wages, but will continue to deny Derby extra ammunition that could see one of the two clubs make the Promised Land of the Premier League in May.

If Mel thinks its worth paying Fulham say loan + compo say £4 million to cancel his Fulham contract, then get on with it and end this sorry state of affairs!

If Mel thinks Martin is not worth it, then tell Fulham to go and get stuffed.....

This in turn maybe a breach of the loan agreement if there is a appearance percentage built into it.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

IN LIMBO

Chris Martin to refuse to play for Fulham AGAIN against Cardiff in the FA Cup as he seeks return to parent club Derby County

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2552563/chris-martin-to-refuse-to-play-for-fulham-again-against-cardiff-in-the-fa-cup-as-he-seeks-return-to-parent-club-derby-county/

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes between the two teams.....I'm sure negotiating will continue 

48 minutes ago, cannable said:

Chances are that they'll keep him for as long as they can whilst still being able to give him back. 

And push for every penny back while they can. Even the money paid out to us and him while playing for them.

While we don't want to give them the best 5 month loan deal they've ever made. And probably will end up leaving him there until late to make them sweat too

42 minutes ago, cannable said:

Chances are that they'll keep him for as long as they can whilst still being able to give him back. 

Yep, I think you're right. Their ridiculous stance is all about seeing if we blink first. Ultimately they lose whichever way this plays out. Wake up and smell the coffee Fulham. You may win the battle but you'll lose the war. 

On 1/3/2017 at 21:40, Chester40 said:

NorwichLad made an interesting analogy yesterday in that if you were halfway through your holiday and you had it cancelled you wouldn't just say 'oh that's fine,  we'll pay you for the half we've had' . His point was you'd want all your money back, ...plus compensation and I tend to agree.

However, a better analogy in my opinion is that you're on holiday and you hire a car. Halfway through the holiday a warning light comes on so you call them and ask them to fix it, the car hire people say no the car is in need of maintenance...they need to recall it. Sorry but you'll need to hire another car...either from them, or someone else as they understand  it was a specific car and that's why you paid a fair bit to hire it.

They may give you money off another car...or offer a bit of a refund as a valued customer. But ultimately you've had use of it for half the holiday and there are plenty of other cars so that's your problem really.

No way should we bend over...cannot see how they expect compensation from us. What have we done wrong?? If he doesn't want to stay,  that's there problem not our's!!! 

Errrm, small matter of a legally binding contract signed by all parties. CM is not fulfilling his contractual obligations to Fulham FC. Simple as that!

37 minutes ago, europia said:

Errrm, small matter of a legally binding contract signed by all parties. CM is not fulfilling his contractual obligations to Fulham FC. Simple as that!

No, he is fulfilling his contract to Fulham - he is currently injured.

I doubt he is injured Roy,I think we all know that but I absolutely back him on his,stance on this....I believe he has family issues that Fulham are ignoring and he wants to come back to his home team now Pearson has gone.I believe he never wanted to leave but had no choice.

This isn't a unique situation,it often happens but the difference is that most clubs in fulhams situation realise that it's a lost cause,understand the reasons why and send the player back with their best wishes and are suitably reimbursed......that's the only way to deal with a player who is unhappy, as retaining them causes misery and ill feeling for the player and poor performances on the pitch even if they do play.

I'd liken it to two people in a unhappy marriage staying together when they both want someone else....it's not nice but it happens to the nicest people.

Now,Chrissie perhaps hasn't come out of this in the best light but I understand his reasons and he has clearly been backed into a corner and there is no way out other than being released.in my opinion this has been very badly handled by Fulham and especially their manager....it should have been dealt with behind closed doors by the three parties after Martin declared he wanted to leave.By making a massive fuss out of it,all that has been achieved is a unnecessary escalation of the war of words making a solution harder to come by without someone losing face.

At least derby county and Chris have kept their thoughts on an internal level which is the best course of action whilst the matter is finalised whichever way.....

I know that some have sympathies with Fulham over this and I can see why but it's also a fact of life that situations change and the best has to be made of it...Fulham need a striker who wants to be there,playing to the best of their ability,as do derby and so it's inevitable that this will be resolved,sooner rather than later on a senior management level.

Looks to me the only person saying anything to the press is Fulham's manager, SM has only said it up to the three parties if it was to be cancelled and that it found it strange that he (CM) had been loaned out in the first place. 

I would like to know who told the sun that CM has a hamstring injury, I expect it was not CM.

Archived