RD saying that Fulham to probably take disciplinary action against our Chris Martin

Curtains

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Derby have offered Chris an extended contract according to Fulham manager. 

Chris Martin says he's injured.  

Fulham say they have  yet to find cause of the injury. 

Balance issues

Just now, B4ev6is said:

If i was chris martin i pack his things leave fulham kit in rubbish bag get in his car and drive back to derby.

And then do what? Get both himself and possibly us in trouble. He wouldn't be able to play for us anyway so that would be a silly thing for him to do.

The original loan was announced as something that could be revised in January (should all parties agree) and also at the end of the season. Two out of three parties want to end the agreement now - it seems odd that Fulham would want to retain and pay for a player who doen't want to be there and who isn't their player. More fool them for not buying him back in August.

I expect poor Chris has lower back pain, which is notoriously difficult to diagnose so it's no wonder their medical staff are having problems. I think it was the same issue when Shackell had to sit out pre-season at Burnley. Fulham would be better off to agree for the injured player to go back to his parent club where he can get the treatment he needs. Then they can spend their money on Bambi.

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

If I was Chris Martin I would tell Fulham to get lost. 

Why do they not  believe he's injured for a start !

Maybe their medical staff (presumably with some medical training) say he wasn't injured. You've got to admit, it all sounds a bit fishy (if true of course) - SM comes back, CM seems to like playing for SM, Derby make him an improved offer (allegedly) CM refuses to play. 

If it can be proved (not sure how it would be possible) that Martin wasn't injured them Fulham should take action him. 

A lawsuit waiting to happen, Derby and Chris Martin need to tread carefully, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them throws the other under the bus when they realise that Fulham will take the issue very seriously and be seeking £3m and half a seasons wages if they are deprived of the player. 

This could get messy. Best thing for Derby to do is to make Fulham a good and fair offer to Fulham as a severance deal, and then tell Martin to buckle down and get on with it until the summer if Fulham reject it.

Offering them back their £3m, or £2m plus Vydra for the rest of the season, sounds like a fair offer to me. 

I think the way Fulham are treating CM is outrageous. 

The poor chap is injured and they are talking of taking disaplinary action. What kind of club are they. What have they done to help him?

If I was CM I'd come back to Derby where he would be taken well care of.

Fulham take disaplinary action what are they going to do sack him?

What a joke.

4 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

A lawsuit waiting to happen, Derby and Chris Martin need to tread carefully, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them throws the other under the bus when they realise that Fulham will take the issue very seriously and be seeking £3m and half a seasons wages if they are deprived of the player. 

This could get messy. Best thing for Derby to do is to make Fulham a good and fair offer to Fulham as a severance deal, and then tell Martin to buckle down and get on with it until the summer if Fulham reject it.

Offering them back their £3m, or £2m plus Vydra for the rest of the season, sounds like a fair offer to me. 

I don't think for one minute Fulham don't know they're going to get decent compensation out of this, they're obviously pissed off but they're going to make as big of a deal out of this as possible in the media. They've grabbed control of the narrative and put us in a tricky position, but I guarantee you they're looking at alternatives to Martin already.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

I don't think for one minute Fulham don't know they're going to get decent compensation out of this, they're obviously pissed off but they're going to make as big of a deal out of this as possible in the media. They've grabbed control of the narrative and put us in a tricky position, but I guarantee you they're looking at alternatives to Martin already.

Of course, but they aren't in the wrong here and are entitled to ensure that they aren't forced to just bend over and take it.

By the same stretch, McClaren and his board have clearly decided that the likely cost is worth it, and they will also have looked at the market and decided that they'd rather take Martin back and give him a new contract than sign one of the alternatives.

Makes sense to me, return Fulham's £3m and give Martin a new contract. That's £5m cheaper than the £8m that a decent striker seems to go for these days, and there is no chance you'll be recouping much of the Vydra fee in this window, or in any other window unless he ever rediscovers his best form again. 

You'll probably see the best Chris Martin at Derby again if he returns. He's realised the grass isn't greener on the other side, he wants to play for Steve McLaren, and he's scored a few goals recently. 

Makes perfect sense to Derby to try and get him back, but its also Fulham's prerogative that they do as well as possible out of this and so who can blame them. They aren't being run by mugs, they new precisely when to sell McCormack for £12m - what would he now fetch in this window? Half that? 

15 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Well they have not paid the full season loan fee yet so if he comes back whatever they have paid will cover a half season loan assuming it is half of the full fee.Wages paid would also be what was owed for the full season.

Archived