i am fuming mad

B4ev6is

39 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Bless you gentlemen, the warm embrace of an anonymous-ish Forum helping out complete strangers. Everything Face book should be but isnt, sadly once anonymity goes it's open season and out with the knives.

I am aware I've basically committed the cardinal FaceBook sin of asking for advice when it would have been quicker to Google it myself. (My God I'd rather be Forest fan than one of those people)

Lord take me now. 

I'd recommend that you check out the various Web pages devoted to this. Rules have changed fairly recently and I'd make sure that you have up to date information as it is possible to avoid these charges, and it's possible to ignore them and get away with it- but they do chase up some people and make an example of them. Don't just ignore the summons/invoice unless you've checked up - as I'm pretty sure you are actually liable and will be hoping they don't come after you.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'd recommend that you check out the various Web pages devoted to this. Rules have changed fairly recently and I'd make sure that you have up to date information as it is possible to avoid these charges, and it's possible to ignore them and get away with it- but they do chase up some people and make an example of them. Don't just ignore the summons/invoice unless you've checked up - as I'm pretty sure you are actually liable and will be hoping they don't come after you.

Might see what they charge me and quite literally send them half, in cash, in a brown envelope with a signed photo.:D

I think some of the trouble is the eagerness of the ref to issue the red, given what he had been letting go all the wy through the match. The reason Johnny Russell didn't appear for the second half was because he had been kicked to kingdom come and back with virtually no protection from the ref. The first time he was "done" was off the ball, right in front of the linesman, but nothing was given, and it continued to happen. once a ref allows a challenge like that to go, he gives a licence to those players to carry on regardless, as he won't punish them for it.

The reason Keogh didn't protest the red card was because he was already on a yellow for protesting about the treatment Russell was getting from the Canaries in pit boots. Carson did protest, and was carded. So despite the horrendous challenges from the Yellow shirted thugs, the only cards he issued was to players who told him he was a ****. There were also a number of clear offsides not given, along with 4 blatant handballs right in front of both the ref and the linesman, but with nothing given. So if Butterfield's challenge was worthy of a red card, then so were the nasty challenges on Russell. There should also have been a yellow card for Naismith (?) for persistently fouling Derby players as they played out of defence. In addition, right near the end Bent was played in and was taking the ball between the two central defenders and would have been in on goal when on e of the defenders stuck his leg right across Bent and brought him down to the floor. It was an absolutely blatant red car, as Bent was in on goal, so a clear scoring opportunity was prevented. Needless to say, we didn't even get a free-kick, a pattern which was followed thoughout the match, and is also typical of match officials at most of our matches.

So I can fully understand B4's anger, as it matches my own. It is a good job I had no chance of identifying the ref's car, as it wouldn't have been fit to drive home in. However, the ref wasn't the reason we lost 3 - 0. The score was fair, and could have been worse, as many have said. The Rams came with the wrong tactics, formation and attitude. We were the better side for 15 - 20 minutes, and Norwich were absolutely there for the taking. But once the first goal went in, we gave up. We started to stand off the opposition when they had the ball, and our passing was the old Clementitus-infected funeral cortege stuff the stifled us in the past. The midfield also started to distance themselves from the defence, consequently leaving the defence vulnerable to Norwich attacks, and they were able to play through us with ease because the protection which the midfield should have been providing was now missing. We also insisted on using long balls to tiny players, which never works, and never did.

Even so, and although we should have 4 - 0 down by half-time, it was still 1 - 0, and we were still in the match, until the ref decided "oh no you're not", and issued the red card. Yes Norwich should have been out of sight, but they were unable to take advantage of being the better team, so another reason for B4's anger is that we were denied the chance to steal a point. It wouldn't have been fair if we had drawn, but that's football sometimes.

I am not angry that we were stuffed 3 - 0, becaue we deserved to be. I am angry by the manner in which we were given that stuffing.

PS: Dear Football League, when are you going to start sending referees to Derby County matches who favour us with their decision/incompetences?

Reply to P.S :_ We sent a great number of referees who favoured you in 2013 and 2014... which is backed up by the number of sendings off by opposition players at Pride Park at this time.

Yours faithfully

The Football League.

Thats our first sending off in a full calender year.... or is it 2 years.

WE are top of the good discipline table, forest are bottom with their 7 sendings off THIS SEASON.... and we havent had a red card before Butterfields since Warnock made his debut for us!

44 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hear hear

Final someone seen what i seen and another thing even there player rubbing his ankle smileing his face off and laughing with another of there players thinking it

Was funny get butterfield sent off. 

I agree b4, it was Norwich player reaction that did for Butterfield.

That said;

Was the ref at fault for sending him off? - No, it's the way the game has gone. 

Would the ref have been at fault giving a yellow card - No, that would have been an equally fair interpretation, as would a simple free kick, or for that matter, giving nothing at all.

Would the ref have reached the same conclusion with the benefit of a slow-mo review? - No, it's clearly a strong but fair and well timed challenge. And until we adopt a rugby/tennis/cricket style approach we have to accept these inconsistent decisions.

But the bigger question is this, if JB had wimped out of the challenge and allowed their man to skip around him and go on to potentially start another attack, would the likes of NINOS be slating him for lack of commitment and demanding his immediate dropping and placing on the transfer market? ........Damn right he would!!!

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

So who has been really good Muespach? Doubtless there's some glowing praise for the players you feel HAVE been good in the last dozen games buried somewhere on these threads. Or maybe not?

Hughes, Carson, Pearce, Johnson, Ince have all been superb I would even stick my neck out and say that Keogh has done really well. I was trying to point out that the majority of the team have done really well, Butterfield hasn't and Bryson hasn't for the last 2 1/2 seasons. 

15 hours ago, rammieib said:

We have relied on two things 1) The form of Ince who is the only attacker really producing consistently and 2) The defensive strength of Keogh, Pearce, Johnson and Carson.

Now these two things cannot happen 46 games a season. At that point I don't think it's unfair to ask Russell, Butterfield, Bryson, Bent (Except Wolves away), Weimann, Camara and Vydra to step up and give us something. Those players have given us next to nothing. Ince has given us more than each of those players combined .... Does that not worry you?

Bryson was so poor yesterday he didn't want the ball. Butterfield likes the ball but doesn't do anything with it. As much his fault as the others but he doesn't even get his head up when on it. He doesn't look like scoring, I'm even struggling to think of efforts on goal in the past ten games from him. Russell slightly better for the 45 minutes he was on but general form woeful. He's lucky Weimann and Camara have also contributed nothing.

I want us to finish top six, but with a goal ration of less than one per game something is seriously wrong. Last three games have been void of chances (Fulham outclassed us greatly as well) and Ince created one out of nothing yesterday whilst Bent never looked like finishing clinically. If blasting the ball is your best option in a one on one, time to pack up the boots.

So give me Martin, give me Sako, give me Lansbury. Absolutely please. Martin will hold the ball up and bring runners into play. Sako, Ince, Lansbury will give you that (Butterfield doesn't, Hughes improving but not there yet), but those three will give Johnson and Hughes better movement and outlets.

Still think we're a RB short that gets forward. Baird has a nose bleed once past the half way line as he is so scared about being caught out defensively. However it's not as key as the three names mentioned.

Hope that's better for you and I look forward to your response.

@86 points Still waiting....

14 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Parking Eye have only ever taken one person to court regarding a charge and the judge threw it out in 5 minutes.  As I said before, retailers can only force you to pay if they can show clear evidence that you parking in that space for longer than the alloted time has impacted their trade.  It's a con...

Now back on topic @B4ev6is you're wrong, it was a rash challenge and the fact not one Derby player protested to the referee kinda backs it up.  This is why a lot of people don't take you seriously, because you refuse to accept other peoples arguments and insist you're always right...

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Now back on topic @B4ev6is you're wrong, it was a rash challenge and the fact not one Derby player protested to the referee kinda backs it up.  This is why a lot of people don't take you seriously, because you refuse to accept other peoples arguments and insist you're always right...

Believe Carson was booked for dissent in the aftermath? Baird, Bryson and Keogh also go to the referee to have a word

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Parking Eye have only ever taken one person to court regarding a charge and the judge threw it out in 5 minutes.  As I said before, retailers can only force you to pay if they can show clear evidence that you parking in that space for longer than the alloted time has impacted their trade.  It's a con...

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parkingeye-vs-beavis/

I certainly am no expert in the area but it's not as straightforward as people think. Id say read up and go in with your eyes open whatever you choose to do.

16 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parkingeye-vs-beavis/

I certainly am no expert in the area but it's not as straightforward as people think. Id say read up and go in with your eyes open whatever you choose to do.

I had to read that link twice. Initially thought B4 had got himself into even more trouble. I would have enjoyed seeing his appeal against the ticket though.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Believe Carson was booked for dissent in the aftermath? Baird, Bryson and Keogh also go to the referee to have a word

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

That clearly shows lads were appealing red card desecion.

Bit half-hearted don't you think...  As I said before, if it was that much of an obvious yellow card Keogh would've thrown one of his googly-eyed wobblers.  If it gets over turned fair enough, but it was a rash challenge and didn't affect the outcome as we were already playing pants and getting beaten.  The ref didn't rob us...

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Actully derby were getting back into it until ref had a say about it.

Wasn't the referees fault Butterfield jumped in the way he did, gave the officials a tough old decision to make. Can see why he got red. Can see why he may have got yellow. Literally 50/50 for me and many posters still and we've seen it plenty of times over. The officials get one look. Whatever the outcome, officials are not going to get every single decision right.

They don't cheat. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Bit half-hearted don't you think...  As I said before, if it was that much of an obvious yellow card Keogh would've thrown one of his googly-eyed wobblers.  If it gets over turned fair enough, but it was a rash challenge and didn't affect the outcome as we were already playing pants and getting beaten.  The ref didn't rob us...

Keogh had already been booked ao had to be careful. Carson did get booked for having a go at the ref.

Archived