i am fuming mad

B4ev6is

I've done my refereeing badge and it is so hard to make decision like that one. I've seen hundreds of challenges like butterfields and it is probably a 50/50 split for reds and yellows.

i can see why the ref sent him off.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Bob Madley did with Chris Martin at Burnley. No other explanation.

No he didn't, he got it wrong..... yes I believe.

20 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Some do even if they so dont they still have teams they like and look after them and the ones they dont like they have it in for.

No they don't.... 

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Some do even if they so dont they still have teams they like and look after them and the ones they dont like they have it in for.

I can imagine a lot of professional referees would find that statement highly offensive.

We were beaten by the better side on the day.  Accept it and stop blaming the ref...

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I do blame the ref and so does steve mac that why were appealing the red card.

Wonder if Butterfield blames the ref...... it was a tough call. Could you make that call straight away without replays in real time.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Wonder if Butterfield blames the ref...... it was a tough call. Could you make that call straight away without replays in real time.

The ref didn't either, which is people's problem. He had a bit of time being berated by Norwich players before making a decision. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

The ref didn't either, which is people's problem. He had a bit of time being berated by Norwich players before making a decision. 

Referees get berated left, right and centre constantly, it's the win at all costs mentality that's got to football. Players, managers and chairman quite happily try and take any advantage necessary..... the bloke in the middle is the scapegoat. 

The officials over here are probably the most honest guys in football, yet the most much maligned

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

All i would have done words with gave a free kicks and arent ref supposed to book players that surround the ref like they did. One big joke ref should never ref again thanks a lot.

So you don't think it was a booking? You would think the challenge only warranted having a word with Butterfield?

Just now, Mafiabob said:

Referees get berated left, right and centre constantly, it's the win at all costs mentality that's got to football. Players, managers and chairman quite happily try and take any advantage necessary..... the bloke in the middle is the scapegoat. 

The officials over here are probably the most honest guys in football, yet the most much maligned

Well I don't agree with the attacking of the ref, nor have I joined it with it.

But I do think it wasn't a red card and can therefore understand the idea of players / management feeling aggrieved. 

I just thought they'd added rules regarding players surrounding the ref. 

Just now, Doodle said:

Have we actually appealed the red does anyone know?  Just heard the West Ham lad has had his rescinded and that game was after ours. 

Yes see Butterfield red card appeal thread. 

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Agree with that.

Apart from Bob Madley.:ph34r:

5 hours ago, KBB said:

I've done my refereeing badge and it is so hard to make decision like that one. I've seen hundreds of challenges like butterfields and it is probably a 50/50 split for reds and yellows.

i can see why the ref sent him off.

Spot on. If b4 should be fuming to someone, it should be Butters. Why on Earth did he give ref a chance to give him red? Poor, poor tackle.

3 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Spot on. If b4 should be fuming to someone, it should be Butters. Why on Earth did he give ref a chance to give him red? Poor, poor tackle.

Disagree Dimmu. If the ref had the chance to watch a slow-mo of the challenge pitch side at the time, he would not have given a red card, or for that matter a free kick. But that's not to say the ref got it wrong. Football nowadays being netball, it's to be expected. But nor was Butterfield wrong for going in as he did. Early on in the 2nd half, no doubt adrenalin flowing after a team talk from Mac telling them to get stuck in, it happens......we move on!

Archived