Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alpha said:

You can't strengthen outside the window

and we need to strengthen because the manager you all called for made us weaker

Obviously I didn't mean to make signings before but this game illustrates that we do need to make signings and I trust McClaren to identify that.

Just now, Ninos said:

No. but he can't play with martin. You need to pay attention. They played together under Pearson and previously and nada nada.

He barely played much with Martin under Mac though, Martin got injured and Ince mainly played with Bent. When Mac was gone we've had 2 negative managers who never played to either Ince's or Martin's strengths. 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

All season long we've known that we have a weak midfield and lousy forward line. No creative movement at all. Biggest culprit is Butterfield. All Mac has done has instill belief and bring the best out of the inconsistent Ince. Wigan thoroughly depressed me. Now this. 

Sako would help. 

The good news : a great defence and if we go up it will be like how Burnley did it but they had Gray mind.

maybe you are right....still martin might be back soon :)

Just now, GenBr said:

It looks like we would still be 7th and 2 points off playoffs as well.

That's good news then. McClaren must learn to use the squad more, some tired legs out there today. This was a heavy defeat, just shows how much we miss Hughes and we must strengthen in some areas this month.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

So according to you and @McLovin it had to take us losing heavily for McClaren to see the problems but you two geniuses knew already. At least give Steve a bit of credit, he doesn't just think we're the best team in the world because we were on a good run. If you two can see the problems, the chances are so can he.

I'm sure he can see the problems before hand, but the point is I suspect, quite rightly, that he'd be hesitant to upset the apple cart straight away by bringing in new players to sort out the issues present with the previous unbeaten run and good form. However this loss I believe will force his hand more quickly as it shows that the cracks can be exposed, and when they are the results are somewhat... unpleasant. It may yet be a blessing in disguise, the players we've been linked with- the return of Martin, Lansbury etc are the sort of players that would sort out the frailties in our team, and I trust Mac to sort out the issues present today quickly and make us stronger all over the pitch. As alluded to earlier, mcclaren knows the job at hand and how difficult it may be, and I'm sure he's been planning for a while as to exactly what needs to be done this window 

Sounded like once they got their nose in front they overrun us, if not for Scott Carson it probably would've been a bigger drubbing.

As others said, few papered over cracks came out today, we are struggling for midfield creativity and be interested what those going thought as did we fail to handle a pacey attack or were we just bullied out of it?

On the bright side, maybe a couple of fresh faces will give us some impetus. Hughes having a rest in time for he dirties. First defeat in 11 not the time to get all downbeat.

Still just outside playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

So according to you and @McLovin it had to take us losing heavily for McClaren to see the problems but you two geniuses knew already. At least give Steve a bit of credit, he doesn't just think we're the best team in the world because we were on a good run. If you two can see the problems, the chances are so can he.

Can you read? I didn't say that our whole team is **** but the great run covered over the cracks somewhat in certain positions. In the great run we were only really fluent against Forest. Every other game we relied either on individual quality(Ince) and the defence. Individual quality will help you win a lot of games in this league but against the better teams like Norwich we need a bit more than that.

Not a bad thing getting thrashed at Norwich, just as the transfer window opens. Hopefully Chris Evans has been earning his wages and will have some good options for the club to improve the squad. We need more creativity and a top quality striker, (other than Martin). The bid for Lansbury shows the right sort of intent.

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm sorry but this is a disgrace, we've totally fallen apart- just shows a lack of character within the team, no fight to come back and totally lost control after going another man down

You should be sorry. That post is a disgrace. 

Context. 

Perspective.

Reason.

We are where we are...

A very tired team that's had to work to hard to cover up some of our deficiencies,mainly in the form of missing our top striker.

This gives Mac a realistic viewpoint of our current status and may well do us a favour in hindsight,whereupon we know where to strengthen the squad.

Observe,learn,strengthen and move on.

We are still in a far better place than we were a few months ago and we have so much potential from this point on,I'm still very excited for this team.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Sounded like once they got their nose in front they overrun us, if not for Scott Carson it probably would've been a bigger drubbing.

As others said, few papered over cracks came out today, we are struggling for midfield creativity and be interested what those going though but did we fail to handle a Lacey attack or were we just bullied out of it?

On the bright side, maybe a couple of fresh farces will give us some impetus. Hughes having a rest in time for he dirties. First defeat in 11 not the time to get all downbeat.

Still just outside playoffs.

this thread might become a farce tonight.

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

You've got a problem with Ince now? Jesus

He's proper weird mate. 

A really strange bloke.

Instantly after Martin left he latched onto Butterfield. 

The whole time Martin was here he refused all evidence, stats etc and just blamed anything negative on Martin.

Now it's Butterfield. 

When he's not playing it will be another bloke

Because he's weird. He's not wired up right. I've never been obsessed with another human being like that. The constant urge to make everything about that person. It's mental.

He's not even at the game but it's 100% all Butterfield. Remember when Johnson was terrible every week? That wasn't mentioned. It was all Martin's fault then. 

Once he latches on he's like Jack Russell. 

I think there's a proper issue there. He's got a little disciple too. 

2 minutes ago, Spanish said:

could the talk of his return have unsettled some? 

Let's not pretend today's performance is totally out of the blue, we've been unconvincing for weeks. 

Wigan probably should have put 3 past us Saturday, Norwich could have had 10 today. Chris Martins fault? Definitely not. 

Some recruitments and returning players from injury should push things in a positive direction. Hopefully by the Leeds game we're ready to have a good crack at things again. 

Same as Saturday, move on, quickly! 

18 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Will Hughes shouldn't be exempt from blame for his lack of discipline.

A number of his yellow cards were totally avoidable and were as a result of stupid and unneccesary fouls.

Don't agree.

hughes is busy. Gets involved in 50/50s and many bookings are highly debatable.

its surprising how often he gets clattered and the ref does not book the offender.

Archived