Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

Norwich vs Derby, 2nd January 3pm KO at Carrow Road.

Both teams will be looking to kick off a New Year with a positive result.

Norwich seem in freefall, but surely have too many good players to not turn the corner soon, hopefully after Monday.

We need to put the frustration of the Wigan game to bed, and a Norwich side who will be far more positive will hopefully allow us to shine again.

Come on you Rams!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eureka!!!

Just worked out I could make this one, However..... tickets??! Not on the DCFC site. Have we sold out?? Or is it the fact the ticket office is shut until after the Norwich game or sumfink?

Can we pay on the day at Norwich these days?

It'd be nice to go as my West Brom trip has been scuppered by a Ballet performance. Don't ask!!........

......and think before siring children!!!!

3 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Eureka!!!

Just worked out I could make this one, However..... tickets??! Not on the DCFC site. Have we sold out?? Or is it the fact the ticket office is shut until after the Norwich game or sumfink?

Can we pay on the day at Norwich these days?

It'd be nice to go as my West Brom trip has been scuppered by a Ballet performance. Don't ask!!........

......and think before siring children!!!!

Pay on the day available, seen on twitter.

It will be another nil nil bore draw. Xmas games are almost always dull dull dull! It was so good yesterday the old lady behind me was giving her neighbour a full medical history and I almost found it interesting!

I am actually coming around to the idea of a mid winter break. Me if not the league

It's the first of Hughes' two-game suspension, with him out for the WBA cup game too. So we'll have to change something, but it's an easy call for McClaren to simply bring in Bryson. Up front, do we persevere with Bent flanked by Russell and Ince, or change it? I reckon Vydra will come in, but Johnny will kee his place as he works well with Brys.

Carson

Baird     Keogh     Pearce     Anya

Johnson

Bryson          Butterfield

Ince        Vydra        Russell

Subs: Mitchell Hanson Shackell Bent Weimann Camara Elsnik

As he's apparently back in training, Mac will put Blackman not Elsnik on the bench because he's a senior pro. But my take is that we should have more midfield cover so I'd have Elsnik or Guy in case of injuries there.

PistoldPete2

Same again team selection I think. Although a few players looked jaded and out of sorts. But weimann is out of favour and I don't think anyone else has done enough to deserve a starting place. 

Mac said there would be changes. Bryson for Hughes is a given. I would like to see Vydra given a chance in the same team as Bent, possibly at the expense of Russell. He should work well wIth Anya.

We can't keep an £8m player on the bench. We should play him or sell him. 

Ince has been less effective in the past few games. A rest might do him good, so Weimann could benefit, but he too is running out of chances.

Mclaren said he'd make changes. These players on the fringes have got to start wanting to play instead of just picking up good money from the bench. They never seem to take there chance. I think:

Carson 

baird.      Keogh.  Pearce.    Anya

Johnson

Bryson.           Hanson 

weiman.                        Camara 

Vydra

not a team I would want but as he is resting players then this might happen. I hope a couple of these show some desire to keep their place. Hopefully vydra will come good today. 

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Mclaren said he'd make changes. These players on the fringes have got to start wanting to play instead of just picking up good money from the bench. They never seem to take there chance. I think:

Carson 

baird.      Keogh.  Pearce.    Anya

Johnson

Bryson.           Hanson 

weiman.                        Camara 

Vydra

not a team I would want but as he is resting players then this might happen. I hope a couple of these show some desire to keep their place. Hopefully vydra will come good today. 

If the likes of Camara, Weiman, Bryson and vydra play and don't show fight and a bit of desire and ability if they we're to play then I think they ha e had enough oppertunities now and get rid and bring in better. We need competition for places and this team easily picks itself which shows that there isn't any real competition for places 

I looked at a league table today, second best defence is very nice but one of the worst attacks for goal scoring, obvious where we our priorities are.

lets do as best as we can this season and build for next season unless we get seriously better at goal scoring

bryson in and Vydra in maybe wieman. due to tiredness of some of players

a point will be a good result today but hope for better.

23 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

If the likes of Camara, Weiman, Bryson and vydra play and don't show fight and a bit of desire and ability if they we're to play then I think they ha e had enough oppertunities now and get rid and bring in better. We need competition for places and this team easily picks itself which shows that there isn't any real competition for places 

As easy going as I am I totally agree with this,some of these need to take their chance now or I'm afraid they will need to move on.

It must be a nightmare to snatch 15 minutes here and there but they need to make it count.

Archived