Norwich City vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our unbeaten run was never going to last forever - and days like today happen to pretty much all championship teams at least once a season. 

Absolutely no need for hysterics - a couple of choice signings will galvanise us. The Mac has already mentioned in interviews that we lack a goal scoring threat, so I expect to see the squad tweaked in the coming days.

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Let's not pretend today's performance is totally out of the blue, we've been unconvincing for weeks. 

Wigan probably should have put 3 past us Saturday, Norwich could have had 10 today. Chris Martins fault? Definitely not. 

Some recruitments and returning players from injury should push things in a positive direction. Hopefully by the Leeds game we're ready to have a good crack at things again. 

Same as Saturday, move on, quickly! 

Yes this has been coming ... A better team. Than Wigan would have beaten us on Saturday and today they did. 

In 2013/14 our best season in many years we needed Hughes Thorne and Martin who were our key players ... All were missing today and we either need them back or get replacements .

Just now, TheDeadlySaul said:

All faith in Mac, Mel and Sam. 

I have very little faith with our setup in terms of recruitment.

We'll probably end up bringing in another goal hanger such as Rhodes, another controlling midfielder and another left-footed wide player.

I got slagged off for saying we needed a couple of midfield players but now it's a necessity if we are going to field a competent team in the next few weeks.

And the need for a left back just got urgent.

No panic yet as far as play-off hopes are concerned but we need good purchases.

Well, us 'happy clappers' have had our fun. Time for the truly insightful and knowledgeable posters to take over again with matchday threads running to 70 pages as to why McClaren is clueless, how we've been lucky to win anything, how our midfield are *****, Ince is mardy and Martin is a bad influence (without even being here).  I'm off to buy a copy of FM17 so I too can understand this football lark and will soon be advising Stevie Mac on where he's going wrong.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'm sure he can see the problems before hand, but the point is I suspect, quite rightly, that he'd be hesitant to upset the apple cart straight away by bringing in new players to sort out the issues present with the previous unbeaten run and good form. However this loss I believe will force his hand more quickly as it shows that the cracks can be exposed, and when they are the results are somewhat... unpleasant. It may yet be a blessing in disguise, the players we've been linked with- the return of Martin, Lansbury etc are the sort of players that would sort out the frailties in our team, and I trust Mac to sort out the issues present today quickly and make us stronger all over the pitch. As alluded to earlier, mcclaren knows the job at hand and how difficult it may be, and I'm sure he's been planning for a while as to exactly what needs to be done this window 

Does the bid for Lansbury on the day the window opened (before we lost this game) not show you that McClaren was already looking to improve and that he didn't need a bad result to force his hand? If I remember correctly, he said weeks ago when asked that we'd be looking to improve in January if the players are available at the right price.

13 minutes ago, sage said:

You should be sorry. That post is a disgrace. 

Context. 

Perspective.

Reason.

Indeed I apologise for that post, it was an overreaction based on my own annoyance that we'd passed up such a great opportunity to move into the top six. Shoudnt have posted that and I'll hold my hands up to it, poor form from me- just memories of similar results wrecking our season hanging around the back of my head hit me hard. However I remain optimistic this season will be different, we'll rectify things in the window and be successful. So sorry if that post offended anyone and up the Rams!

Just now, I am Ram said:

Mmmmm, it's only January.Can't we go on another run ?

Don't be ridiculous mate - give it a week and we'll be scrapping it out to avoid relegation, dontcha know!!! The wheels came off today and there's a fat bird singing her tits off somewhere in the distance. 

A wise man (me) once said that the only problem with rocketing up the league and getting to within sniffing distance of the playoffs is that expectations will increase to an unreasonable and silly point, where anything but a win is met with the type of over the top reaction one would normally associate with a mardy spoiled little brat. 

Irrespective of the fact that losing games of football is about as inevitable as it gets, people are forgetting the absolute mess that SMc took over.  Its nothing short of a miracle we aren't still looking over our shoulders at a relegation battle and getting anywhere near the playoffs this season (taking context into account) has to be considered a bit of a bonus.  Losing to Norwich away surely cannot be considered the absolute end of the world and the deathknell for several players who 'we knew were rubbish all along'?

By the way, to those who think they are the reincarnation of Bill Shankly, it doesnt take a genuius to work out the squad needs strengthening in certain areas and jumping up and down teling everybody how clever you are for spotting it before the manager or any other fan with eyes, doesn't make you look clever... Of course we could've been playing better over the 10 game unbeaten run (remember that everyone? Great days, I remember it like it was yesterday... oh) but the glee with which people want to shout it from the rooftops now we've lost a game (against a team with players I'ved heard of, so they aren't bad) does me head in. 

The irony of me having a petulant rant about petulant rants is not lost on me.... :p

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Indeed I apologise for that post, it was an overreaction based on my own annoyance that we'd passed up such a great opportunity to move into the top six. Shoudnt have posted that and I'll hold my hands up to it, poor form from me- just memories of similar results wrecking our season hanging around the back of my head hit me hard. However I remain optimistic this season will be different, we'll rectify things in the window and be successful. So sorry if that post offended anyone and up the Rams!

Fair play lad :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Our unbeaten run was never going to last forever - and days like today happen to pretty much all championship teams at least once a season. 

Absolutely no need for hysterics - a couple of choice signings will galvanise us. The Mac has already mentioned in interviews that we lack a goal scoring threat, so I expect to see the squad tweaked in the coming days.

Absolutely right. No need to panic. A bad defeat but we're still only 2 points outside the play offs, At least we're not Birmingham or Forest. 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It shouldn't have offended anyone, just frustrated or annoyed at worst but good on you anyway. Can I suggest you consider either tranquillisers or sleeping tablets before the next away match - you do seem to get really wound-up as soon as something goes wrong. For longstanding fans these things are the norm.

Archived