Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

If mr Lansbury wants to sign for Derby county he can do immediately without the red dogs permission- he can sign a pre contract agreement effective from July which will cost us no transfer fee and the red dogs will receive nothing, if that was to happen someone with a brain cell over at the council tip would maybe sell him to us for money this January 

like I said mr Lansbury can solve this very quickly if he actually wants to sign for us.

Pretty sure you can't do that to a team in the same country. 

If he wants to sign i would welcome him if not the meltdown at notts forest is giving me a great deal of mirth,in fact i am pmsl .

Carry on notts forest starring Fawaz,Bendtner,Vellios and more  plus special guest appearance of Angela Landsbury

Precontract can only be signed if the club state he is not being offered a new deal or is offered reduced terms. Other than that there is a set date before his present deal expires where he can reject final terms and after that he can sign a new deal.  Bar a stunning offer I can see him waiting for now and seeing who is where come June.       

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

He can. They can sign with 6 months left but obviously move when there contract is up. 

You can't. For domestic transfers you can only do so within a month of the contract expiry. Any foreign sign could offer Lansbury a contract now, including Scottish sides.

Am I the only one who wouldn't care less where our players went to if the money was right. All this, he cant sign for the scum down the road etc. etc. Do people really hate Forest that much just because they are a team that are close to us?

I know rivalry will always be there which should just be banter at best, but all this if he signs for them I'll throw my toys out the pram business that is coming from the Forest camp right now, it's just stupid IMO.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Would love to see Hourihane, Hoolahan and Hughes, if only for the alliteration.

Johnson behind them and Sako and Martin upfront.

However, we might have to sell twelve of our players to fund it!

Triple H- I like that fighting nature

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

Am I the only one who wouldn't care less where our players went to if the money was right. All this, he cant sign for the scum down the road etc. etc. Do people really hate Forest that much just because they are a team that are close to us?

I know rivalry will always be there which should just be banter at best, but all this if he signs for them I'll throw my toys out the pram business that is coming from the Forest camp right now, it's just stupid IMO.

It is more a case of not wanting them to have the better players rather than not having any players at all. Why would you want to strengthen them by letting them have your best players?

13 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I agree, if the money's right sell them to whoever. At the end of the day if we are selling them it's because they aren't good enough for us.

15 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I agree, we need more goals from midfield. 

Lansbury 2016/17: 6 goals

2015/16: 4 goals

2014/15: 11 goals

21 in two and a half seasons. Averages about 9 a season then based on last few years. 

Butterfield 2016/17: 0 goals

2015/16: 9 goals

2014/15: 6 goals

15 in two and a half seasons. Averages about 5 a season then. 

Hughes: 2016/17: 1 goal

2015/16: 0 goals

2014/15: 3 goals

2013/14: 5 goals

Included an extra year for Will because he only played 8 games last year. 9 goals. Averages about 3 a season then.

So based on that very, very simple stuff, Lansbury appears an improvement goal-return-wise. 

Bryson? 

2016/17: 0 goals

2015/16: 3 goals

2014/15: 5 goals

8 goals. About 3 a season at best? 

We definitely need to improve in this area. Still not convinced Lansbury is the answer but I'm sure he'd add to our arsenal/options. Which might kick others up the arris?

Worth pointing out that Lansbury takes penalties. Six of those goals were penalties.

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Worth pointing out that Lansbury takes penalties. Six of those goals were penalties.

So that reduces him to 15 from open play then. Same as Butters. But it's too late now, the Derby intelligentsia on here and social media have determined that JB must be replaced. I hope he rattles in a goal or two down here this afternoon. Not seen many Rams here so far but no doubt thousands will have an opinion on the game they haven't seen later...

1 minute ago, Warren Hobhead said:

So that reduces him to 15 from open play then. Same as Butters. But it's too late now, the Derby intelligentsia on here and social media have determined that JB must be replaced. I hope he rattles in a goal or two down here this afternoon. Not seen many Rams here so far but no doubt thousands will have an opinion on the game they haven't seen later...

I'm a half-fan today. Got to take my son back to Bristol this afternoon, and I couldn't convince the Memsahib that going via Norwich was a logical route.

Archived